Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PerlBill Review

What does that run? Last I looked the developer licence was like 800 dollars for 250 clients.
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

PerlBill is not OpenSource, it is however not encrypted and as was pointed out that is a big advantage over MB. If anything were to ever happen to MB (Oh I know the argument, they aren't ever going anywhere) you would be stuck with encrypted code you cannot modify or update.

I experimented with MB for a while and discarded it as it has too high of a learning curve for both end users and support staff. I have used PerlDesk (not PerlBill) and found it to be a great HD software...

Originally posted by pagecom
    It is unfair to say that the software is buggy based on your own experience , if the product is buggy then it should be buggy for everyone who is using it and that is not the case.
    Ok...so go over to the PerBill forums and do a search on "sendmail" or "email". Then come back here and say that it is not buggy:

http://www.perlbill.com/forums/searc...searchid=12628

Originally posted by barko
    Ok...so go over to the PerBill forums and do a search on "sendmail" or "email". Then come back here and say that it is not buggy:

No it is not, I have been using the software for over two years and have installed it on multiple platforms without an issue,as well as 1000's of other users who are very happy.

You just bought the software today and started bashing it right after. This just shows that you did not even take the time to install it correctly.

No it is not, I have been using the software for over two years and have installed it on multiple platforms without an issue,as well as 1000's of other users who are very happy.

You just bought the software today and started bashing it right after. This just shows that you did not even take the time to install it correctly.
    Nice try, pal...I have had the software for over 4 months and it still doesn't work correctly.

But...nice try anyway.

Anyhow doesn't matter - kayako is a better option and I'm done with PerlDesk. Way too many unresolved issues and pissed-off people. You can argue if you want, but the forums tell it all:

http://www.perlbill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Besides being incorrect,

your opinion is not exactly non-biased, eh?
    Looks like you provide support on the Perldesk forums.

[edit] ACTUALLY...you are a moderator on the PerlDesk support forums.

ModernBill

sucks
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

Still waiting for my refund.

Originally posted by barko
    Besides being incorrect,

your opinion is not exactly non-biased, eh?
    Looks like you provide support on the Perldesk forums.

[edit] ACTUALLY...you are a moderator on the PerlDesk support forums.
    Perlbill Employee (Forum Moderator) pretending to be a loving customer. That's just bad business.

Since your moderator, maybe you can ask John what the situation is with my refund. I have done everything he has requested.

Still nothing

Still waiting for a refund. Still no update on the ticket.

Originally posted by JBS
    I do apologize for the difficulties you have had. Some of points you raised are true, and I hold my hands up. You did have to wait for the approval and I did compensate you for that.

I would argue about perlBill being buggy, you do have to make alterations to the paypal template to pass a different currency to them. This isn't a perlBill fault, if you want to change the currency it must be changed in the template.

I don't know anything about the problem you are having with user logins, because you haven't opened a support ticket (or I cant locate it).

I did take most of last week off, for reasons I will not go into here. I didn't just take off for a week - the support desk was manned all week and there are only 3/4 tickets awaiting a response at this point in time - all of which should have been logged in the last 48 hours.

The ticket system is the way to get support, the forums are mainly there for user-user contact, I do post as much as possible but I inevitably miss posts now and again.

As a result of last week, the help desk has an extra person working on it longer term which will greatly improve response times. I did a search and could find no tickets from you in the system though, from any point in time.

If you are unhappy with perlBill, you can request a refund. I will gladly comply and issue one .... but please do this through the ticket system rather than the forums or emailing me directly.

I hope you don't take this reply the wrong way; I really don't want to cause any hassle. I am happy to either help you and address your concerns or refund you. Either way, please use the ticket system as instructed on the perlBill contact pages.

Thanks.
    Same here, I was promised many things before I ordered and then once I ordered I was ignored. No refund, No support, and I am lucky to get an email returned.
    Derrick Lee Bradshaw, Sr.
    CEO Bradshaw Consulting Inc.
    www.bradshawconsulting.com

Talking

I'm glad I found this topic. I was just about to buy perlbill

I sent a sales question to sales@perlbill.com about 4 weeks ago and have never got a reply (I got it from their web site). I guess they'll ask that I open a ticket

Just makes me wonder, how long does it take to answer a support email if a sales email takes that long?!? I guess I won't be looking to be a victim.

I'm glad you found this thread also. Make sure you spread the word.

Thanks for the information...

Thanks for the information, while I have not contacted PerlBill as of yet I'll be sure to do so with a grain of salt.

I do like the look and feel of there product, however if support is terrible it will sway me from the product.

after reading this thread who will go with perbill.....

I'm hoping nobody

Would anybody be interested in a "plugin" that fixes all the issues with perlbill, is compatible so far with 2CO, PayPal, and Authorize.net, supports Domain registration through OnlineNic, and about a zillion other patches? We have our fixed version about 90% done. About $12,000 worth of addons in it so far....

That'd depend on a) whether you are permitted to distribute it in accordance with the licence and b) the sort of figure you were seeking.
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Well if the person bought the perlbill license, then they have permission to use perlbill code. Then since their perlbill does not work, they have the option to buy the plug-in, which would probably void their support (cough, cough) from perlbill, and then they would have a license to use our patched code.

I do not see any issues with the licensing there but correct me if I am wrong.

you still have crappy software... With your patch it might be not as crappy software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12