Dallas Cloud Special - 50% off for life!

To celebrate our Dallas Upgrades, we are offering 50% Off - For Life - On 10 Nodes on our Dallas Cloud Platform!

OnApp powered, running latest generation HP Blade servers with Cisco 10Gig networking and NetApp SANs, join our long list of happy clients!

With now over 40Gbps of connectivity to each individual hypervisor, we deliver rock solid enterprise reliability and stability at great prices!

Enjoy true cloud features like instant deployment, snapshot backups, scale on demand, clone, replicate or template your servers, as well as inclusive services:

Inclusive with every machine you deploy:
    - Snapshot backups (weekly or on demand)
    - Firewall
    - Load Balancing
    - Monitoring and Alerting
    - 24/7/365 Comprehensive Support
    - Manage via GUI, API or Apple and Android Apps!

In addition we will:
    - Migrate you for free from any other hosting

To Avail of this offer, simply order 10 Nodes in Dallas before the end of August 2012 and use the promo code on the order form!*

DALLAS50OFF

Direct Link to the 10 Node plan here:

https://billing.dediserve.com/?cmd=c...tion=add&id=40

* orders must use the promo code to avail of the offer, ensure when you enter the code, the discount is reflected in real time before proceeding.
    ** Offer is open to new and existing customers but can not replace / migrate an existing account
    *** 10 Nodes must be deployed in Dallas, TX, USA
    **** Any questions - ask!
    Last edited by dediserve; 08-17-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Can it be more than ten nodes?
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

Possibly - drop onto our Live Chat for more details

I just registered to say these guys have been great so far. Good prices and great support. I'm consolidating some shared hosting stuff and a local server onto their cloud platform.

They were able to provide me Windows images based on my existing licenses (so no extra cost) and they are the only cloud provider I found that included Firewall, automatic backups, live migration for maintenance, etc. Most of the others I looked at charged extra for all the add-on services.

Performance has been excellent... The first VMs on a cloud I've used that don't seem sluggish... Of course anything is a massive improvement over shared hosting

I hope to drop by and post again once I have more time on the platform but so far it's been great.

Many thanks for your kind words and welcome to Dediserve!

how this works "Virtual Datacentres" ? can we able to do this with current offer ?

Thank You
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

10 nodes provides a flexible resource pool, or virtual datacentre

With this offer you get

20 CPU Cores (Intel Xeon 2.93Ghz)
    10GB RAM
    250GB SAN
    250GB NAS (for snapshots and templates)
    10 Public IPs
    7.5TB outbound transfer

As well as the inclusive features per server,such as:

- firewall
    - snapshot backups
    - clone, replicate or template any server
    - monitoring and alerting
    - comprehensive 24/7 support
    - iPhone, iPad and Android Apps
    - Full API

Normal price is $395.50 per month - with this offer, it's only

$198.75 monthly for all the above!

Well David Reynolds is single-handedly turning me from "would recommend Dediserve to anyone" into "stay away". I am beginning to believe he is either a pseudonym or multiple people using the same name.

I can't get the SNMP monitoring to work in the control panel and dumb ol' me assumed it was my fault and filed a ticket... David closed it with a link to the KB article about configuring SNMP, which I had already done and clearly stated that I did in the ticket. He obviously didn't bother reading it. Then he said he'd escalate, then he asked for my admin login, then he claimed he reconfigured SNMP and it needed a reboot. Meanwhile I ran snmpwalk (which I should have done in the first place) and everything is working just fine - it is obviously a problem with the control panel.

I also opened a ticket about my server backup not working and he replied that he had initiated a backup for me. No s**t sherlock, I did that myself twice and I clearly stated in the ticket that I had done so... so he obviously didn't read that one either. Turns out once I finally got to a real tech he said the Dallas DC was in the midst of upgrades and that backups wouldn't be functional for 2-3 weeks (!!).

Last but not least, when I tried to login to the iOS server management app I could not... opened a ticket and guess who? David! He replied with a link to reset my password. Gee, thanks. Except I know my password and can login to the website. Again stated clearly in the ticket. Again not a single word read by "David". Turns out that the iOS app username is not the same as the main control panel username.... I asked several times in the ticket for an explanation about why this isn't pointed out anywhere, or how I would have known my username as it isn't shown anywhere during signup but each of David's replies is more incomprehensible than the last.

The hardware seems good and the prices are great but the support? Yuck.

Hi Russell,

As per the last reply on your SNMP ticket - you just have the free monitoring deactivated for your servers (it shuts off on it's own if it can't see a port response after a period)

Also, the IOS credentials are your API logins, and the ones David gave you are correct? The logins are your auto generated API credentials for the onapp platform you are on.

I'm sorry if some of the responses were unclear, but obviously we'd prefer to talk to you directly on ticket or chat!

OK we seem to be sorting this out... I think there are some KB articles missing and that explains why I was so confused and why things that seemed obvious to David weren't to me and vice-versa.

I have to give props to James - he's been very helpful and understanding! Within minutes of my post here they were contacting me trying to get things sorted out and I think fixing the KB articles will eliminate future confusion.

I'm already turned around on Dediserve support if it keeps up the way James does! The performance and prices are already fantastic.

What virtual datacenter can do? Seems a great offer
    http://www.ebookeasy.com Free ebook for webhosting and dedicated server review

With the 10 node resource pool you can build ay servers you want.

We don't limit servers to nodes, so you could build 20 512MB servers or one huge one or any combination otherwise.

Each server includes backup snapshot, firewall, monitoring and alerting, no matter how many or what spec you build.

Any questions, just ask!

How Fast new account setup ?
    If we go with this offer now, will upgrade get same discount ?
    Can we have trial account see how this works ?

Thank You
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Your account is deployed within 10 minutes of payment and security checks.

You can then build your servers in real time (takes about 5-10 minutes to deploy and install a server, depending on the OS you choose)

You get to keep this price for 10 nodes for life, upgrades would be at the prevailing rates or deals, but you would always pay this price for these nodes for as long as you keep them.

We offer a limited 5 day trial at http://dediserve.com/trial - use the note 'WHT' on the trial order with your WHT username for trial activation!

Any questions, let us know!

ok Thank You

I can see your trial is online, any questions drop us a ticket or hop onto livechat on the site!

Quote Originally Posted by obsoletesoftware View Post
    Well David Reynolds is single-handedly turning me from "would recommend Dediserve to anyone" into "stay away". I am beginning to believe he is either a pseudonym or multiple people using the same name.

I can't get the SNMP monitoring to work in the control panel and dumb ol' me assumed it was my fault and filed a ticket... David closed it with a link to the KB article about configuring SNMP, which I had already done and clearly stated that I did in the ticket. He obviously didn't bother reading it. Then he said he'd escalate, then he asked for my admin login, then he claimed he reconfigured SNMP and it needed a reboot. Meanwhile I ran snmpwalk (which I should have done in the first place) and everything is working just fine - it is obviously a problem with the control panel.

I also opened a ticket about my server backup not working and he replied that he had initiated a backup for me. No s**t sherlock, I did that myself twice and I clearly stated in the ticket that I had done so... so he obviously didn't read that one either. Turns out once I finally got to a real tech he said the Dallas DC was in the midst of upgrades and that backups wouldn't be functional for 2-3 weeks (!!).

Last but not least, when I tried to login to the iOS server management app I could not... opened a ticket and guess who? David! He replied with a link to reset my password. Gee, thanks. Except I know my password and can login to the website. Again stated clearly in the ticket. Again not a single word read by "David". Turns out that the iOS app username is not the same as the main control panel username.... I asked several times in the ticket for an explanation about why this isn't pointed out anywhere, or how I would have known my username as it isn't shown anywhere during signup but each of David's replies is more incomprehensible than the last.

The hardware seems good and the prices are great but the support? Yuck.
    David Reynolds really pissed me off as well. James Thatcher is where it's at .

Poor David!

Luc - if you had any issues, do please drop us a line!

Just to update re: backups, the Dallas retrofit work is now complete, including the new dedicated backup blades, which are now handling all backup and snapshot work. Backups are now running normally on this platform.

Quote Originally Posted by dediserve View Post
    Just to update re: backups, the Dallas retrofit work is now complete, including the new dedicated backup blades, which are now handling all backup and snapshot work. Backups are now running normally on this platform.
    Figured now would be the time to test it. Looks like over 20x improvement when compared to before. Of course I'll do some more extensive testing soon.

root@web1:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.73295 s, 187 MB/s

Looks good!

Only 8 days left on the Dallas offer!

6 Days now This offer is not to be repeated

Quote Originally Posted by Luc - Servulous View Post
    Figured now would be the time to test it. Looks like over 20x improvement when compared to before. Of course I'll do some more extensive testing soon.

root@web1:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.73295 s, 187 MB/s

Just chiming in to verify that my scheduled auto-backups completed and appear to be functional ahead of schedule.

Good to hear!

The new backup blades are big HP BL460 blades with 12 Cores, 48GB RAM and multiple 10 gig NICs to the SAN and NAS arrays. A lot of power required to ensure backups work on time and reliably, but it works

Thanks to everyone who took up this offer, which is now closed!