Domain reg. owner details needed?

I am trying to work out what details need to be (minimum) that would come up in my whois listing. At the moment if you did a whois for my site it would come back with my full name, address, phone, email.

I am thinking this is a little much, but I don't know what the rules are regarding what is needed by the registrar at a minimum. My site has some personal stuff for family that doesn't mean anything to other people unless they can determine my identity, which the site never directly provides.
    Sorry if this is a basic question but I haven't been able to find out what the level is - probably because its meant to be common sense.
    Bottom line - I would like to remove my mailing address and name, but I don't think I can. My thoughts are that if they can email me, that should be enough, unless I lost access to my email address. Can you request that some details remain hidden? Could I come up with some BS corporate name to hid behind although it will not really exist?

It can be hidden safely at GoDaddy and some sites offer privecy at a cost. It's not recomended however.

The address can be a PO box, the number can be office - and use a junky mail box as the admin email instead of your main email.

Also post this question in the domain name forum