Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Angry Virtuoso Net Solutions - STAY AWAY

Okay here is My HORRIBLE experiece with Virtuoso.

3 - Weeks ago I get an email from the company announcing a move to a new DataCenter from the current one, (moving from Savvis to TEAM Technologies). So I order a new server from them, 3.0GHz P4, 1024MB ram, 2 x 160GB hard drives and 16 IP addresses, for 192.00/month. Paid 72.23 for the remainder of the month.

8 - Days later I finally get the new server and my login information, all is good, well I get on the server and notice that I have 2.8GHz P4, 1024MB Ram, 1 x 160GB hard drives, and missing 8 IP addresses. I email the support department and get this generic response "We had a delay in getting the servers from Dell and are building them as fast as we can."

1 - Week later I ask once again about the Hard drives and the IP addresses, but I get the same response.

May 1st - Old server is cancelled and the data is moved succesfully, big props to them for being able to copy the data using the cPanel transfer utility.

The next 4 days I get emails demanding $1.00 in payment

Today I get a "Server terminiation scheduled for tonight unless payment is made in full." Well I email the department asking for a credit for the 8 days with out being able to use the new server, since they have a 99.9& uptime. Well they would not listen to the request, so I pay the ammount minus the ammount that I was unable to use last month. I get a reply to the payment letter, saying that I sent the wrong ammount. Explain my position, they still cancel the server, so I call the customer service line, get a gentleman that says it is immpossible to credit accounts. I ask if it is possible to turn the server on for 10days so that I can retreive my customers data and move it to a new server. They say I have to pay for a full month or the data will be formatted on Friday.

Here is the AIM conversation that I had with support tonight:

<Next Post>
      0 Not allowed!

Aim Conversation

[21:03:39] tomyboy456: Good evening
    [21:04:00] vns support: Hello how may I assist you today?
    [21:04:17] tomyboy456: Are you the gentelman i talked to on the phone today?
    [21:04:49] vns support: Well, how would I know this exactly without you identifying yourself?
    [21:04:56] tomyboy456: This is client 408
    [21:04:58] tomyboy456: Tom Ralph
    [21:05:17] vns support: Yes, I spoke to you over the phone a while ago. How can I assist you?
    [21:05:39] tomyboy456: Is there anyway that we can come to a resonable meeting to get my data off the server?
    [21:05:55] vns support: Reasonable meeting?
    [21:06:18] tomyboy456: Is there a way we can arrange the server to be turned on tonight and terminated tomorrow at 5pm?
    [21:06:30] vns support: You want reasonable? Learn professionalism and don't act like a drunk over the phone, and hung up while I'm speaking. When you learn to be mature, get back to me.
    [21:06:54] vns support: You clearly do not understand how professional business works. You expect a workaround for your gain and our loss.
    [21:07:06] vns support: You want to pay 10 days, hung up the phone and now you want 'reasonable'.
    [21:07:15] vns support: This is not a toy company for you to chuck when you wish.
    [21:07:24] tomyboy456: Sorry I was on a cell phone in a low coverage area
    [21:07:27] vns support: This is professional enterprise and you purchased for May
    [21:07:41] vns support: Then you will remain paying the remainder for May
    [21:08:05] vns support: We do not let people off the hook for their own gains. Others have family to feed as well, and we go by professional business ethics
    [21:08:48] vns support: You expected a reply to your email when you were the one that should have replied with proof of your $35 "credit".
    [21:09:05] tomyboy456: I am sorry but I did not save that phpChat.
    [21:09:18] vns support: And yet, you now feel the need to cancel. Well, I wish you the best finding a better provider. We'll have it sold in a day.
    [21:09:27] tomyboy456: I looked through my logs but do not have it on my machine. If you know of another way to pull the information please tell me
    [21:09:34] vns support: No need to save the chat, I searched the entire logs and found nothing pertaining to your $35 credit
    [21:09:55] vns support: No matter what, you did nothing but complain back and forth via email as if you were being raped for your money
    [21:10:18] vns support: Little loyalty do you have,if any, for a company that went through hell to move over to a better place. Your concerned about yourself only.
    [21:10:51] vns support: Little do you know what favor we were actually doing for you. You kept complaining. You were nothing but a lucky person who did not face hard drive failure and complete data loss like others
    [21:11:06] vns support: At the old data center that is, yet you kept complaing still
    [21:11:49] vns support: You think its a joke and piece of cake to do things right, better and this huge of a move, but you are wrong, it is not simple 1-2-3 tasks. In case you have not noticed in life, there are obstacles that out of the blue - get in the way when not expected
    [21:12:08] vns support: You claimed you were double billed, that was false as well.
    [21:12:45] vns support: I assure you that this company will not tolerate people. Virtuoso has come to a strong point and respect in the industry for its great quality service, that it can hand pick customers it wishes and dismiss those who do nothing but offer trouble.
    [21:12:48] tomyboy456: I never said I was. I just made mention that there was still 2 subscriptions in PayPal. I am sorry for that confusion
    [21:13:26] vns support: I made it clear to you that you were responsible for your own subscription. You signed up, you cancel. It is simple procedure.
    [21:13:38] tomyboy456: Sorry that is my fault.
    [21:15:13] vns support: I feel sorry that you acted that way over the phone mumbling GOD knows what and you kept expressing anger in your emails. Maybe one day when you move to your new host, you will find out the true lost. All your decision. Either way, there are about a dozen new customers waiting for orders to be serivced and rendered to them. You are more than welcome to stay, if you remain humble and patient, respectful to hard working team at Virtuoso. This is not a kiddy home company in case you have not thought about this by now.
    [21:16:00] vns support: You will however not get a refund for May, as no one gets refunds on dedicated servers. This is standard professional business method.
    [21:16:30] tomyboy456: So is the server going to be turned on for May or not?
    [21:16:59] vns support: The server has been on the entire time, but your account is suspended until the remainder of your invoice is paid in full.
    [21:27:33] tomyboy456: Sir, is there any way other than paying the rest of the 35 dollars that you would enable the server for 1 hour?
    [21:30:46] vns support: Please understand the policy. You purchase a server, and you pay the invoice due. That is how it works. You are asking for us to waive $35 due, for your sake. It doesn't work that way.
    [21:32:17] tomyboy456: I understand but if you look back at last month when I ordered the new server, I paid for 11 days at 72 dollars, the server was only delievered to me 8 days later. Meaning I only got 3 days of use out of it. I understand that it is not your fault, but can you see how it seems unfair?
    [21:33:59] vns support: I cannot sit here all night arguing. I'm closing this case right now. You can go ahead and grab your data and go where you wish. Make this a simple procedure without any more complaints please. I am unsuspending your accounts now, without root access.
    [21:34:41] tomyboy456: Thank you sir. Does that allow me to backup my customers too?
    [21:34:53] vns support: Your customers have been live the entire time
    [21:35:19] vns support: You can grab their login from them. I am not here to hurt your customers or you, but will not provide you root access for partial invoice unpaid.

[21:55:13] *** "vns support" signed off at Wed May 04 21:55:13 2005.

Please stay away from this company!

I have filed a dispute with PayPal since I did not receive any service for this month that I paid for.
      0 Not allowed!

Definitely not a good situation to be stuck in, hopefully you'll be able to get your partial payment back as no service was delivered.

Wish you the best in your next host. Thank you for the heads up on this situation, hopefully it will assist many in making better educated decisions on their provider choice.

-Justin
      0 Not allowed!

I am sure you have overstepped some bounderies. But the way their support go on and on about professionalism is funny: because by the virtue fact of doing so, they actually are not at all professional.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••
      0 Not allowed!

Very interesting conversation, indeed. I wonder how the tech support person defines professionalism. Although you might have over reacted on the phone, the conversation above does not show me the person or the company was in any way trying to solve the situation.

Not exactly the point, but some suggestions. If you have no backup, you might as well pay the unfair due and get the data back. It could be an expensive lesson, but for the sake of your customers, getting those data back is definitely your most priority.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with the last two comments. I was completely confused in that aim conversation because while the 'vns support' was ranting on about professionalism while he was talking to you like he was disciplining his spoiled 14-year old son.

While I am sure both parties may have made each other mad, 'vns support' seemed rather stingy and in no way interested in resolving the matter in a fair way--i believe you are correct in that you should not be paying for the services you didn't receive for those 8 days, regardless of whether vns had control of the situation or not.
    DigitalIntensity
    www.digital-intensity.com
    Where your web dreams come true.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sprintserve
    I am sure you have overstepped some bounderies. But the way their support go on and on about professionalism is funny: because by the virtue fact of doing so, they actually are not at all professional.
    Originally posted by CoryH
    i believe you are correct in that you should not be paying for the services you didn't receive for those 8 days, regardless of whether vns had control of the situation or not.
    Right on. I really laughed at this part:

Little loyalty do you have,if any, for a company that went through hell to move over to a better place. Your concerned about yourself only.
    As a customer of any service, I am only concerned about myself -- WTF else do you expect, VNS? Oh, I'd better not complain about downtime -- that would be disloyal!

If you want my loyalty then don't chastise me for asking after a downtime credit. GIVE ME the #!%*&^ credit! What's $1, versus losing a customer? Not some irrelevant crap about feeding your family.

You clearly do not understand how professional business works.
    I'd say VNS doesn't know how business works. Hopefully, they'll register for some business classes next semester.

It never ceases to amaze me when a company accuses their customer of being unprofessional. Since when is a CUSTOMER supposed to act like a PROFESSIONAL?

Kiddiehosts.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...
      0 Not allowed!

Here is some of the emails that he has sent to me:

I will not call you today but you will need to resolve this tomorrow. Your
    account remains suspended. Next time, do not hang up the phone like that
    ever again or else you will have your data terminated immediately. You have
    to learn to be respectful and professional because the rock you roll on
    someone else will roll back on you, eventually.

Truly Yours,
    Virtuoso Sales Team

Virtuoso Net SolutionsT...Sophisticated & DedicatedT
    Prepare to be VirtuotizedT

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:13 PM
    To: sales@********************.com
    Subject: RE: Virtuoso Net Solutions

Can you please give me a call at (xxx) xxx-xxxx to make server arrangments.

------------------

I did not hang up the phone on him, I was talking on a cell phone in a low service area, and the connection was horrible, so I tried to call back but he would not answer the phone anymore.
      0 Not allowed!

Glad to see this. I almost bought a machine from these guys for my GSP. Where is the Hosting Provider Mafia to protect Virtuoso?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by halfbyte
    Here is some of the emails that he has sent to me:

I will not call you today but you will need to resolve this tomorrow. Your
    account remains suspended. Next time, do not hang up the phone like that
    ever again or else you will have your data terminated immediately. You have
    to learn to be respectful and professional because the rock you roll on
    someone else will roll back on you, eventually.

Truly Yours,
    Virtuoso Sales Team

Virtuoso Net SolutionsT...Sophisticated & DedicatedT
    Prepare to be VirtuotizedT
    Wow, funny stuff. First of all, your account is already suspended and they're threatening to terminate? Then, they must have a crazy TOS if hanging up on them is reason for cancellation. "Hang up on us and no more service for you."

Oh, and then the slogan, wow, does it get any lamer? Sophisticated? That was them in the chat above, right? Virtuotized, hahahaha
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

Good show. I wont be going anywhere near them soon
      0 Not allowed!

i suppose with everything in life

you get what you pay for
    http://www.reloadedhosting.com
    Email me: mike@reloadedhosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks will avois if i come across them.
      0 Not allowed!

I can second this in another way sort've. About a month ago I spoke with (probably the same person as he did since they have the EXACT same attitude) then in regards to purchasing a server. He informed me that they were proven to be the best host in this industry. I then commented on a server price asking if it could go down because I can get it other places cheaper and I told him some of the places I could get it cheaper. He begin to bash these companies and said false things about them like the servers are not managed and they don't do hardening -- when in fact he was saying this stuff even though he had no experience with them. This person was very rude and after speaking with him I would never do business with them.
      0 Not allowed!

same thing happened to me,only I got a threating letter after I contacted paypal
    this guy cannot do this to people
    Original Message-------

Date: 05/02/05 22:32:42
    To: service@paypal.com
    Cc: 'The Riffle's'
    Subject: RE: Resolution of Buyer Complaint: Case #PP-080-256-727

We will forward this to collections. You will face legal matters if
    necessary and we have recorded all emails, live chats, phone logs, etc on
    file. You are committing illegal
    activity called fraud and collections will appear on your credit report with
    the three major credit bureaus.

Truly Yours,
    Virtuoso Sales Team
      0 Not allowed!

The Virtuoso guy is a jerk. He purchased advertising from me once, then demanded a FULL refund half through the campaign because he wasn't making the sales he expected.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Dan Grossman
    The Virtuoso guy is a jerk. He purchased advertising from me once, then demanded a full refund because he wasn't making the sales he expected. Since he paid by Amex, I had no way to fight the impending chargeback since they automatically put internet merchants in their no dispute program.
    Wow, couldn't you just send that to collections though, as I am assuming you provided the services as agreed upon. That would atleast be someway to get back at him, and potentially get some money back.

Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Virtuoso Net Solutions - STAY AWAY

Originally posted by halfbyte
    Okay here is My HORRIBLE experiece with Virtuoso.

3 - Weeks ago I get an email from the company announcing a move to a new DataCenter from the current one, (moving from Savvis to TEAM Technologies). So I order a new server from them, 3.0GHz P4, 1024MB ram, 2 x 160GB hard drives and 16 IP addresses, for 192.00/month. Paid 72.23 for the remainder of the month.

A few notes about TEAM Technogies. I haven't dealt with their actual services, only their sales staff. I wasn't ready to move up to the 1/2 Rack yet - but soon - so no services yet.

Their sales staff seemed very knowledgeable - and they only use Dell servers and keep spares on hand.

An educated guess would be the company you were dealing with didn't order enough servers or didn't give TEAM enough lead time to get them in time. I was told (confirmed by several sources) they usually keep enough spare P4 class servers to fill a rack or two in stock.

Whats more to the point, the price of the servers to a reseller like myself would be such you could afford to have a few laying around. Its the internap bandwidth is the major expense really.
      0 Not allowed!

This is obviously a one-man operation. Every time you talk to the exact same person because they're can't be that many jerks out there. I just contacted them again to tell them about their thread on WHT to see what they had to say for themselves. The owner (the only staff member) told me that they don't have time to look at things like this as they are a business and don't think this affects them. He immediately terminated my session and blocked my IP from his site!
    This guy needs to go to BrainBench and learn some skills on how to treat customers and that "the customer is always right."
      0 Not allowed!

OMG... To much in that convo to get into. Plus its not even like I'd need to start.

Here's to this virtuoso guy getting "rock and rolled" back onto.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.
      0 Not allowed!

I had to look into this further.. I was cut off by the live chat twice, I asked questions and it said the other party left the chat. I tried three other times and it timed out to five minutes and said to leave a message.

I then thought I might as well give them a call. The phone was answered and he seemed nice enough. I didn't want to bug him too much. I asked questions and he answered them with a yes or no response, didn't seem to actually be trying to sell anything...

I was going to question how everything on their site is trademarked, yet I didn't find them in a trademark search, and the following lines on their site, "Virtuoso ethics are based on Christian principles" or " the most technologically advanced data center in the world." Does that mean other religions aren't a good basis for ethics or what is the connection there? Are they sure it is the most technologically advanced in the world? I know TeamNet is nice, but the most advanced in the world??

0 Not allowed!

told ya...they disconnect
    i see no Christian principles
      0 Not allowed!

Just called again.. He said the TeamNet facility was "just completed" making it the most technologically advanced, though I thought it had been open for a bit now. I could be wrong. Again, he doesn't seem mean, though just not very talkative at all. I tried getting him to sell the product, asking what was good about the data center or what makes him better than Liquidweb and he had NOTHING. Definitely not a salesman.

From what I've seen I see bad sales and marketing, but not much more than that. I wouldn't fear doing business with him, from what I've seen and heard. They just seem to be quite new and I would be a bit wary. I know Teamnet is a good facility, etc. and they do use their Dell equipment, it could be worse. Even though I wouldn't fear doing business with him I wouldn't, just because of him not paying the advertising bill. I'm in the advertising realm as well, and I know how those things work. If an ad doesn't perform that is just how it goes, take the loss and learn to better target ads, make better ads, etc... It could definitely be worse though, they are at least doing several things right.

0 Not allowed!

Ethics have nothing to do with religion. Morality does.

Is this ethical?

Next time, do not hang up the phone like that
    ever again or else you will have your data terminated immediately.
    No. Is it moral? Not under the "turn the other cheek" philosophy of Christianity...
      0 Not allowed!

If this actually happened and this person did hang up on them again -- can they actually terminate and format the servers for this?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast