Ok everyone,

I've pretty much had it up to the top of my friggin skull right now with Burst.net and it's time to vent frustrations and let people know how support is totally non existent for some when needed.

Do I have anything against them? No, I'm sure their nice people, they just need to be more responsive and professional to their clients.

If you remember right, I purchased a server not long ago, delayed as it was, it was the first sign of trouble. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=13101

Well after getting the server it's been nothing short of a nightmare.

Not more than 24 hours later we get a message as follows,

“Did you install any other software on your system just now? Our monitoring system picked up that you machine was not serving pages”.

Uhh .. No. We haven’t even done anything with the server yet. - Well guess what? Server crash, HD I was told. They did a good job of returning the thing back online by early in the morning about 3-4 hours later.

When looking at the server the next morning, I noticed the Top command was not working from the control panel and the Akopia Interchange server was Red and non-operational, so I opened a ticket immediately this was on the 18th. On the 19th, I fired
off another ticket, no response, server still not correct. The 20th passes, the 21st passes, still no response.

Now on the 22nd, I send in another ticket because I'm concerned with unusual system attacks going on from a certain IP address and a popular hacking port 111 is the target. I fire off a message to support with the log attached and the response is "This is normal, every server here has these run, it is part of the security system of cpanel...just ignore."

Yes, I know this is part of Cpanel Portsentry but LOOK!!! Hmmmm ..

I decide to keep a close eye on this thing that evening, so I was telnetted in and I saw the program Luckscan and Luckstat running and the CPU running at 60-70% from these programs .. Ahh Crap!!

I call Nick at his Cell and fire off a ticket to tell them to get online and get this sun of a beech quick, he's bringing the

system to a halt attacking other systems from ours. Nick is quite busy, doesn't want me to alert this hacker and has me wait almost an hour. I get very impatient and call again, he manages to call me back within minutes. When I finally get Nick on the system, he is quite helpful and manages to get the guy off the system, 3 times the guy got back in! The hacker was very persistent, had to block out all of Romania! So, now the system has this friggin hack program everywhere with root accounts created and is just a mess. Nick does his thing and says it's clean now, so it's late and I go to bed..

The next day I get back on the system and notice more accounts and crap left behind so I call support and fire off tickets. That morning tech Brad gets on the system and proceeds to clean up all the trojans and files .. he says “the system looks fine to me now. the software was updated to the newest versions and the trojans were removed”.

Later that same day, I get on the system and notice root accounts in the password file, root directories and more mess .. I fire off another ticket and phone call.. I can never get anyone on phone, no emergency phone number or nothing. I complain that their cleanup has been pretty sloppy and I need this thing finished before this new server is even useable, we decide to just NICK CALLS and we decide to start over again!

So, to sum it up.

I'm not one to usually complain but it's been one thing after
another here and I've had NO choice.

Web Server setup late .. System finally arrives!

Hard drive crash almost immediately.. Ok **** happens
System setup again.. Decided to lose all of our changes and start
over.

Open Ticket for things that never worked right after new setup, still open ticket #27436.

Server Hacked and brought to a standstill.

Asked for emergency contact numbers after this situation, asked 3-times now with NO response!

System corrections applied never finished correctly, I worked for hours cleaning up system, opened another ticket.

System replaced again, they can't get all the files from hacker off.

More things broken now Cpanel problems, WHM problems and another ticket is needed.

Why don't these guys treat it like their own system? I'm confused and pissed ..

To make a long story short, the system is still not usable from WHM and Cpanel since the Hack and has NOT been a useable

system since getting it on the 18th of June. There are problems and all I want is a system delivered as promised.

I've fired off multiple messages, they wanted a list (I hate repeating myself but OK, I send the list) yes they have responded but have yet to take action. I called tonight twice, was told on first call they would get on it in the next hour

or so, it would be fixed tonight. Nothing done yet!

It's now June 26th, we were hacked on the 22nd, system is still not useable and we're venting because all we want is a little

respect and service. I hate writing crap like this, it takes so much time and energy but I hate the fact they have put us in this position to just stew and boil ..

So, we wait still ..

Whew .. Now on to something more productive, this sucks!

Well, I can’t let this letter go to waste, I’ve spent the last hour writing it and god knows how much energy but they JUST called at 01:00 am right now and needed the password to fix this mess .. Maybe there is hope on the horizon! I’ve pondered whether I should release this but feel it needs to be said, I’m hot and tired and going to bed, tomorrows a new day and we’ll see how it goes ..