I'm after some advice from existing resellers please. I have always got my customers to provide their own hosting which has worked well until now but I have been increasingly asked to provide hosting on their behalf and have taken the plunge and am opening a reseller account of my own.

My dilemma is regarding providing support to my customers. As a hosting customer myself, the most important thing to me after reliability is the quality of support that I receive from my host and how easy they are to contact. As a self employed designer the prospect of offering 24/7 support is not just daunting but impossible. My wife gets annoyed enough with how much time I spend online and I'm sure I would heading for divorce if I increased that even more. Taking a laptop on holiday would definitely be the last straw

I am not looking to use my reseller account for selling low cost hosting and will therefore not be having hundreds of customers and the associated support issues. It will be existing or new clients that I have produced sites for or hosting for friends and family. Many of these sites are not business critical, although there are a number of online stores which obviously need a higher level of support.

So I am keen to hear how other designers/resellers who have been or are in a similar situation to myself. How have you handled this? What bits of advice they would give and suggestions for how I should approach this?

cheers

Giles