Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Posting for SEO

suppose you have website about Car related. so do you think your website will get rank high if you are add your car related site as a signature of webmaster forum? or you will be looking for Car related forum for add signature? share your experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Seeing that cars have nothing to do with a webmaster forum I would suspect that it would not lead to any increased traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Ro View Post
    Seeing that cars have nothing to do with a webmaster forum I would suspect that it would not lead to any increased traffic.
    Forum post doesn't help to get huge traffic but it help to increase backlins that is helpful for search engine position ranking..
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by seoexp102 View Post
    Forum post doesn't help to get huge traffic but it help to increase backlins that is helpful for search engine position ranking..
    I think you are misguided if you think that is the case.

Building back links on a webmaster forum for a site about cars is 1) not going to be of intrest to anyone on that forum 2) not going to translate into a quality backlink.

If you just go put your link on everything under the sun your probably more likely to get down ranked.
      0 Not allowed!

You may be better off participating in a forum about cars in the hopes that you provide something of value to car enthusiasts.
    SE's have long wised-up to mass forum posting with signatures attached. Many forums won't even show sigs unless the viewer is a registered member (which SE bots would not be).
      0 Not allowed!

It depends on the way of using forums and most of the time its a spam to only use forums for having signatures and getting signatures in every forum wont give you traffic. So it depends on your choice of forums. There are other strategies for getting traffic as well, forums may give you good back links but not good traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

To get the best out of both worlds (traffic and relevant backlinks) it will always be favorable to find your niche (car) related forums or web directories to promote your site.
      0 Not allowed!

Adding car related site as a signature in car forums will provide better results in terms of backlinks and traffic. As relevancy does matter in serp ranking.
      0 Not allowed!

Don't know why many say that this method doesn't have much effect. I've seen a decent flow of traffic to one of my websites I created for testing the waters.

To be honest, it did help me. But not just posting a link on sig and sitting back there. I tried that on one forum where I was highly active. That might also be a point.

But I'm not sure if it'll help with rankings, though.
      0 Not allowed!

suppose you have website about Car related. so do you think your website will get rank high if you are add your car related site as a signature of webmaster forum? or you will be looking for Car related forum for add signature? share your experience.
    I gave a link about blog commenting here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...14&postcount=8

You can find there information about ways of using forums for SEO too.
      0 Not allowed!

I think you can gain both traffic and ranking from forum posting , but I don`t advice to have it in your signature , It will be much better If you can do it in related forums by posting anchor text linking to your site .So in this case you will gain the targeted traffic and have better chance to higher your rank using different anchor texts.
      0 Not allowed!

Forum posting shall be good way to get more higher rankings but
    1. It shall not be the only SEO you follow as link diversity is important you shall take backlinks from different kind of sites.
    2. You shall prefer to have Automobile or Car related forum itself preferred for posting of car related forum posts.
      0 Not allowed!

13. I am really puzzle to read the discussion as i have seen on many of the forums that people are participating actively in the forums having links in their signatures not related to the discussion's point of view like one is participating in web development forum having signatures about a travel agency. I usually check their traffic stats as well and found many of the times that they are getting handy traffic as well. So is there any possibility that these kind of practices are useful for getting traffic towards a site?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbee-Amira View Post
    but I don`t advice to have it in your signature , It will be much better If you can do it in related forums by posting anchor text linking to your site
    i think its not a ethical ways. And such type of promotion is not allowed in any forum
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by trust seal View Post
    ... To build trust with them, one of the effective ways is to have a quality web trust seal on your site. ... the trust seal...and 70% of shoppers say they won’t buy from sites without a trust seal. Adding a website trust seal to your site is a proven way to build trust and increase conversions, often 10% or more.
    Let me take a wild guess (based on your user name and your frequent mention of "trust seal" in your post). This is something you can provide? Is this helpful addition something that you provide for free?
      0 Not allowed!

Seeing that cars have nothing to do with a webmaster forum I would suspect that it would not lead to any
    increased traffic.
    Building back links on a webmaster forum for a site about cars is 1) not going to be of intrest to anyone on that forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbee-Amira View Post
    It will be much better If you can do it in related forums by posting anchor text linking to your
    site .So in this case you will gain the targeted traffic and have better chance to higher your rank using different anchor texts.

Ok I would like to take issue with this assumption, i.e. that everyone who is on a webmaster/SEO forum has no interests other than the forum subjects.
    People here have lives outside of webmaster/SEO and they buy cars, houses, and other things and if they read postings by someone who makes valuable contributions to an unrelated forum, might they not follow their link if they could be interested?
    I've had quite a few hits from sites such as this one, admittedly some are just curious from an SEO point of view after reading a post and it ends in a bounce but some have visited different pages and stayed a while.
    If you are in business then it would be silly to not take advantage of a possible opportunity, regardless of what it may do for SERP.
    The whole end purpose of SEO is to drive quality traffic, which could lead to conversion.

In fact ı would like to turn the whole point around. If you are on a forum to do with cars, and everyone else on that forum is trying to sell the same kind of thing as you, how much business are you going to get from those you are competing against?
    In other words, which of them is going to buy from you? It is one business talking to another, the customer potential has to be very low.
    But if you are somewhere else, establishing yourself as someone who makes a sensible and valuable contribution, aren't there perhaps new opportunities?
      0 Not allowed!

Don't chase pagerank... I have a site that ranks #1 for a competitive term in my market and the site has a lower pagerank than the other sites that rank below me. Those sites chased pagerank and look it didn't even pay off. According to SEMRush I get more search engine rankings and traffic than them as well.

Relevancy is more important than PageRank.
      0 Not allowed!

With the new update, you will have to be carefully with forum posting; post but don't spam.
      0 Not allowed!

Forum signature links can help drive traffic through direct referrals in addition to SEO. That's why it helps to write thoughtful, intelligent comments that add value to the discussion.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ramir3z View Post
    With the new update, you will have to be carefully with forum posting; post but don't spam.
    This applied anyway, regardless of the update.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ramir3z View Post
    Spam is never a solution no matters which update in going on Google, thus you shall always post good and reasonable replies only in Forums, have community forums neat, clean and helpful for everyone.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by philipdaniel View Post
    Adding car related site as a signature in car forums will provide better results in terms of backlinks and traffic. As relevancy does matter in serp ranking.
    you`ll find on most car forums you will not be allowed to promote another car forum and deffo not the link in your sig,i own a vauxhall forum and i would`nt allow it it would just get removed and if it continued it would result in a ban
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by craig@vm View Post
    you`ll find on most car forums you will not be allowed to promote another car forum and deffo not the link in your sig,i own a vauxhall forum and i would`nt allow it it would just get removed and if it continued it would result in a ban
    I don't think they were referring specifically to a signature link to another car forum, but to sites related to cars e.g. a dealership, repair shop, spare parts etc.
      0 Not allowed!

24. it's not nearly as useful as it used to be.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Goldman View Post
    it's not nearly as useful as it used to be.
    Everyone is saying the same about every type of link building.
    Maybe they are all devalued - directories, articles etc but there are limited means available.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast