Advertising Help needed

Hi,

I've started up my new hosting company,
    Im waiting for my business cards to arrive and wondering how i should advertise this business, I'm have plans to go around to local business & shops.
    But other than that how else can i get customers?

Cheers
    Adam

Staying active in the hosting community, regular press releases, contests, hosting give-aways, Google AdWords, print advertising, start up an affiliate program to incentivize word of mouth advertising, etc.

Start trying to think creatively, the possibilities are endless
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Web forums and ADwords for start would be enough.

Tell your friends, family, coworkers, etc. If they sign up and like it, they'll probably tell others about it as well. Word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising.

When I had my hosting business I tried print advertising in the two local papers and in the local business publication without much luck. I received more business from being a member of the local chamber and through my CPA then anything else. Of course once I had a few local clients word of mouth helped a bit as well.

I would suggest joining local business organizations in your area as the first place to start.

Good Luck,

Rob

You can find customers on here, also try finding some local web developers who make sites, because I am sure their clients need hosting and they probably do not like dealing with it.

If you are looking for non local customers hosting directories are great. If you are looking for local customers you will need to offer web design too. There is a local guy where I live who rents bus stop signs that say "web design and hosting for $10 per month". That includes a 3 page "business card site" and hosting. he does pretty well with that seeing as he is always trying to upsale to a 5 or 6 page design.

start loaclly and simultaneously use web methods as well

coupons
    banner ads
    adwords
    search engines
    etc
    Web Hosting is not a business for me, it's a hobby!

Thanks for the advice,
    Just got 5 local web designers who will host their clients sites with us!

And we have begun plans for a city wide advertising plan.
    Adam Hoban.
    ManobanWeb Group
    UK and US - Shared & Reseller Hosting Solutions