[Offer] Hosting Control Panel (BILLING/SUPPORT/CONTROL)

Hi

Just to let anyone who is interested know if a product I am currently in the process of designing and making, which basically does the following.

Anther note: This CP will *not* manage your servers for you anything other than descriped. EG. You fsck your httpd.conf on web server 1, it will not read a user DB and restore the httpd.conf entries on the server, although that will be a feature added somewhere in 1.0 final.

All layers will be coded in Perl with a DB/Flatfile mixture backend.

Top level - root level GUI
    Admins - View users, View servers, View tickets, View Invoices
    Staff - *access based*
    End-users - View user information, view tickets, view invoices

web server control
    Ability to control a server for web server usage. Manages all aspects. Also view logs and usage stats.

e-mail server control
    Ability to control a server for e-mail server usage. Manage POP3/IMAP/SMTP, set permissions, view usage etc.

DNS server control
    Ability to control a server for dns server usage. Manages zones and zone settings. Resolve settings, and search DNS db for certain vars.

database server control
    Ability to control a server for database server usage. Manage MySQL/PostgreSQL, set permissions, view usage, view logs.

Beta 0.1 should be released within 1-2 months, and be very basic HTML layout but header/footer config. The frontend will be very customisable.

The control panel will be 100% free for non-commercal usage (exc. support & billing modules).

Also another note. The source will NOT be provided.

Some FAQ before people ask.
    Q. Will this install any RPMs on install?
    A. No, however we may offer the ability to keep your RPMs up to date.

Q. Will you be supporting windows 2000/2003 anytime soon?
    We haven't finished our linux server controls, or even the frontend as of yet. So, no no time soon.

Q. Will your "product" be another H-sphere.
    A. No, I personally love H-sphere. I am not making a control panel to compete with H-sphere.

Q. Will I be able to use another helpdesk/billing script with your control systems?
    A. Not planned, but something I will look at a later date.

Q. Will you support common CC/payment gateways?
    A. Yes, however at first payment modules will NOT be supported.

Q. What about support?
    A. Support will be a system which enables FAQ viewing, ticket submitting and e-mail submitting. All v. basic to start.

Q. Will I need a dedicated server for the user db, gui, web etc?
    A. No, the control options are basically scripts to run the command and intergration with the master GUI. You can run all on the same dedicated server.

Q. What about Chroot file system support?
    A. No sorry.
    Anymore questions let me know.
    Last edited by tehtech; 01-21-2004 at 12:58 AM.

As I cannot edit anymore.

Adding a few more FAQ.

Q. How much will you charge for the control panel?
    A. Price is yet to be confirmed, as it's not my major problem/concern at the moment. However, pricing may be ~$49 USD per month for UNLIMITED NON-RESOLD server for a special.

Q. How much will you charge to install & setup your control panel for us, and your control systems on our servers?
    A. $65 USD for the control panel, and $25 USD per server.

Q. What about OS software updates etc, how much to use your download mirror, and management scripts intergrated into the CP for easier access/management?
    A. That will be an addon at $299/one-time for the addon, plus $10 USD per month PER SERVER. Including 10GB data-transfer per server limit, capped at 256kb/s per session user.

Q. How will I be able to access the accounts should the server hosting the actual GUI control panel go down?
    A. Everything should still function correct, except for anything on that server. With regards to access we will be having mirroring scripts available at a later stage. eg. CP.yourdomain/ , gets mirroed to WEB1 for backup purposes (only example). More of a backup, but since you will be able to login with it it's also a mirror but not completely true [will come later].

Q. Will you support Apache 1.3.x or Apache 2.x or both?
    A. Apache 1.3 will be supported to start with, then 2.x support later aswell. Possibily Zeus after that.

Q. Which FTP daemons will you support?
    A. ProFTPd as standard. Plans for Pure-FTPd aswell.

Q. Which SMTP/Sendmail daemons will you support?
    A. Exim to start with, then going onto Qmail later on.

Q. Which POP3/IMAP daemons will you support?
    A. Undecided.

Q. What happeneds if the httpd server goes down on the CP server, does it affect the CP?
    A. NO, the CP runs on it's own TCP Port and does NOT use the system HTTPD daemon. It sends/recieves data via it's own daemon, and parses the HTML/TEXT data via the same method. POST & GET are also both handled via the same daemon. The CP does not run as root. No user may access another users CP settings, or owned domains/etc.
    Last edited by tehtech; 01-21-2004 at 03:08 AM.

Okay, this has been put on the back burner for a bit.

This solution will be released within 3-6 months, or at least 0.1 with multiple OS support.

OS's I expect to support:
    Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, Slackware, SuSe, Red Hat ES/AS.