Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You said my server was fixed the same day it was highlighted:

The first issue was resolved the same day you highlighted the problem to us (the Plesk Updater had basically destroyed the container requiring it to be rebuilt manually).
    However that is not the case. I created a support ticket on Sunday, 7th Aug 2008 @ 10:09 pm asking for a re-image of the container:

I tried the Maintenance/Reinstall but it doesn't work and I read in the forums it's because of a long-standing bug and someone said the only way to is for you to re-image the VPS.

I would very much appreciate if you could help.

Also, I assumed the Plesk Updater would work perfectly but perhaps it's inadvisable to use it?
    On Tuesday, 19th Aug 2008 @ 6:37 am I was still awaiting a response from your support staff so I posted another message saying that the problem had become worse.

Later that afternoon, I still had not received a response from your support staff about the server problem and due to my disatisfaction I created a new ticket requesting I be allowed to transfer out one of my domains.

Later that evening, I still had not received a response from your support staff about the server problem but I logged into the server anyway and found that it had been re-imaged.

On Wednesday, 20th August 2008 @ 8:09 am I received the following regarding the server problem:

Your server has been rebuilt now back to a new state. There is currently a problem with the option to rebuild the server from within Virtuozzo. If you require this to be done again then please contact us.
    I could go on about other things but I won't because I am encouraged by some of what you say. I will continue with my 12 month VPS contract and I hope this is the end of my dissatisfaction and that I won't have much reason to complain in the future.

Woops, I mistyped in the above posting:

I said "I created a support ticket on Sunday, 7th Aug 2008 @ 10:09 pm" and it should say "I created a support ticket on Sunday, 17th Aug 2008 @ 10:09 pm."

Apologies for the confusion.

Hi,

I've taken note of the comments above (apologies for my own confusion surrounding the dates of responses to your tickets) - I'll certainly pass them along to the agent(s) in question and if any further training is required it will of course be arranged.

I'm glad to hear you are satisfied with the situation now, as mentioned before please do contact me directly if there are any other problems.
    Johnathan Williamson
    Customer Support Manager
    http://www.easyspace.com
    Making the Web Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Easyspace View Post
    The fee helps to cover the support costs which are generated from the process whilst ensuring the system remains in a simple and easy to manage format.
    Of course, that doesn't stop others from believing they're being "scammed" anyway. But that's pretty much the main "legitimate" reason why registrars charge such, which isn't necessarily any different from plumbers charging for their time to do certain seemingly "complex" stuff for their customers.

Notice I put some words in quotation marks, depending what one believes. But having worked in a registrar before, I can certainly understand yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12