Thread: redstation !

Thumbs down redstation !

Good day all

am sorry first of all if my english was not clear to all of you, its just that am not a native english speaker..

I really thought it would say it all by just mentioning their NAME in the title
    as they reputition is just trash, and instead of just learning from their past experience over here in WHT
    they just dont seem to get it nor learn,
    at this point am convinced that they try to BUY people with their money !

how is that, certainly by providing TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE offers and deals, and sooner or latter you will just get SICK from their COCKY behavior.

I beleive that every WHT member has his freedom of speech to explain ANY experience he had with ANY company out there !, so please all me to express my opinion in this LOUSLY company

they certainly deserve no respect, nor appreciation from us here in WHT !

am sorry for this long intro, but words just cant explain how upset i am with this awful company !

first of all redstation do not do just a single mistake !
    NO they accumlate them over time..

being a customer with them for maybe a year now !

my recent incident will clearly show what a bad service they are for the following two mistakes/rasons:-

1) they have an immaginary what's so called "sales dept" which personnel *if any* never respond to their CUSTOMERS emails !
    2) several missleading info

for number (1) i have frequently asked them to update my server renewal date *which they have changed on their own beleive it or not and THEY will agree upon that themselves saying its totally legal and stated in their GTC !*
    via tickets system, and they insist on refering me to their sales email, i have wrote to those guys several times, they JUST DONT REPLY !
    please just read this i really cant go through all this again !
    please excuse me for that its just truly irritating, just thinking of their name right now, not mentioning going through my previous past experience with em
    in many cases I had with them, inquiries via tickets, those cocky individuals insist on refering you to the sales , well guess what your sales is DEAD !
    CAN YOU NOT FETCH THE SALES RESPONCE?
    CAN NOT THE SALES REPLY TO TICKETs *btw dont u dare deny it, i just might got the right thing for you!*

2) this is my second bad missleading incident with them just today
    and i wouldn't be complaining for no reason !

PLEASE, if you are interested in reading this, then read it in fully, and you decide for yourself !

Hi

In reference to this ticket: #17001 - PROMO
    i was planning to make the order just today to get it setup very soon by the 30th max
    also i was concerned how long will this promo last..
    i was about to make the order right now being under the impression that the PROMO was still undergoing
    as it shows on your main page here !
    http://www.grabilla.com/0231c-d5594fda-ed35-4801-b105-cd1b7662acd7.png
    see ??!

but when i reached the last step trying to order the STORAGE server with the 12x disks
    i found out that there was no discount for the first 3 months in the very last step of configuring that server

can you please allow me to have the server in yesterday's PROMO

bare in mind that this is not a hit and run order !
    so i will almost definitely continue with you after those 3 months as I am in need for a third server !

I am not going to renew my current 1 penny servers
    but i will certainly renew this one if you grant me the 3 months 50% off PROMO
    exactly like i have been renewing for over a year maybe now for the DX-385-52031 and many months for my D5-690X-54373

so am a loyal redstation customer !

thank you..

Hi HUSSAM,

If the server has ended it's promo period then unfortunatly we can not offer you this anymore. It is all automated.

latter on i responded..

Dont try to convince me its all automated and your computers run redstation instead of real people !
    You can always make an exception, you supervisors can !
    so dont give me that please !

i think ill have to change my prespective on redstation
    and am not saying that to convince you letting me have the promo or anything
    let the promo go to hell really !

you just have ZERO respect to customers !
    have a nice day
    close this ticket if you desire.

in few moments a new PROMO was advertised for on their main page !

am going to proceed with this order for now
    http://www.redstation.com/dedicated_servers.html

i will order the STORAGE server

i want the first free server to have:-
    Hard Drive 2 x 300GB SAS + 12 x 2TB SAS 7,200 RPM (Free)
    and the second free server to have:-
    Hard Drive 2 x 120GB Intel SSD 320 + 12 x 120GB SSD Intel 320 (Free)

is this ok with you ?

please confirm before i proceed with my order !

Hi HUSSAM,

As long as the builds are eligable on the link for the offer, we can provide you the hardware. Please be aware you can not modify these servers once they have been purchased for 6 months.

Kind Regards,
    Frontline Support Engineer

yes of course they are eligible
    am asking just because it's saying on the promo IDENTICAL servers

can i order additional 2x 1TB External storage for One of the 2 free servers LATTER ON ?
    and how to do that since they are free i cant like configure them or anything !
    also how to specify what hard disk configuration, OS, port speed and the other stuff for both servers since they are free too !

please give me point blank 100% accurate responce, am sorry to ask that but its just critical for me to have the exact setup i want and i dont want to have trouble with orders, not with you guys !

Hi HUSSAM,

The offer states "Buy any server and get two IDENTICAL servers free for the first 6 months "

Therefor you will not be able to add any additional drives or hardware for only 1 or 2 particular servers out of the 3.

Only after the initial 6 months is over will you be able to add any additional hardware.

Kind Regards,

hi

I read that it said IDENTICAL
    and know what it means

but you still havent answered my other question

how to specify what hard drive, and port speed configuration ill require for every one of the 3 storage servers ?
    refer to: 28/03/12 16:06
    then: 28/03/12 16:16

waiting to hear from you..

Hi HUSSAM,

I appriciate you might not like the options that are available to you in comparison to other offers we have had in the past. However the options on the site are the options available for all 3 of the servers.

I guess if you wish to discuss this further and see if there is anything else we may be able to add it would be best to contact the sales team.
    Sales@redstation.com

Kind Regards,

yes i erased the guy's name..!

in conclusion
    i did NOT feel appreciated at ALL by the first part of this ticket
    is that how you reply to me after commiting myself to renew, promising this would NOT be a quick buy and ditch server, being a customer for a year or more for god sake !, and being completley honest !

is that the best you could say really ?!
    it certainly is no coincedence unless am speaking to a total retard (sorry i know thats not the case) !

no one will certainly appreciate that sort of treatment nor reply you cocks !

and at the END of the ticket conversation here you go I WAS MISSLEAD again !
    a frontline support engineer would misslead you !
    a supervisor would ! *ya baby thats right, just how amazing !!*

After setting in my mind that it was Ok to configure the servers the way i thought it was, then spending hours doing WORK on that, and announcing to customers some real good news, they just just let me down and like that !

am certainly not British, but you guys are a true disgrace for the name of the United Kingdom
    especially for complete foriegners who probably have never dealt with a British datacentre !, shame on you !

guys please dont be overtaken by their crazy too-good-to-be-true offers
    it's obvious they are just BUYING people, instead of earning their customer's respect and appreciation! To be honest they got good servers, but buying their stuff, is like doing a deal with the REDdevil
    redstation

good day for all..

Our latest promotion is "buy one get two free for the first 6 months".

As our website states:

"Buy any server and get two identical servers free for the first 6 months".

During the ordering process when you add to the shopping cart you get a choice of how many free servers you require (as some people may not want 2 free servers). This is defaulted to two free servers and on completing the checkout these servers are automatically added to your account.

The promotion is limited to identical servers - obviously if you wish to customise the disk configuration and network configuration of each server then they are not identical. It is not possible to order BOGTF (Buy one get two free) servers with different configurations online.

Our sales department work during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm (UK Time) - they may be able to make a custom offer to you. I can see from your email history you have received replies from sales before so I am unsure how you make your claims that they don't exist.

All promotions are subject to change at are limited by promotional stock allocated, we cannot extend promotions at customer request simply because new promotions do not fit your requirements.
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - UK.

Redstation. Established Since 1998.
    100% Network SLA. 24x7x365 Support.

Thanks for the info. We always appreciate a solid review.

To be honest, the op seems to be the one with the attitude in this thread. The responses from the technician seem to be quite polite and thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by side3 View Post
    To be honest, the op seems to be the one with the attitude in this thread. The responses from the technician seem to be quite polite and thorough.
    I had read this earlier and was thinking much the same. Nothing against the op at all but it does seem like the host gave away a lot for almost nothing and then courteously told the client that there are limits.

Not a real major thing I don't think.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Quote Originally Posted by Redstation View Post

As our website states:

During the ordering process when you add to the shopping cart you get a choice of how many free servers you require (as some people may not want 2 free servers). This is defaulted to two free servers and on completing the checkout these servers are automatically added to your account.

The promotion is limited to identical servers - obviously if you wish to customise the disk configuration and network configuration of each server then they are not identical. It is not possible to order BOGTF (Buy one get two free) servers with different configurations online.

Our sales department work during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm (UK Time) - they may be able to make a custom offer to you. I can see from your email history you have received replies from sales before so I am unsure how you make your claims that they don't exist.

All promotions are subject to change at are limited by promotional stock allocated, we cannot extend promotions at customer request simply because new promotions do not fit your requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicman153 View Post
    I had read this earlier and was thinking much the same. Nothing against the op at all but it does seem like the host gave away a lot for almost nothing and then courteously told the client that there are limits.

Not a real major thing I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstation View Post

As our website states:

am going to proceed with this order for now
    http://www.redstation.com/dedicated_servers.html

i will order the STORAGE server

i want the first free server to have:-
    Hard Drive 2 x 300GB SAS + 12 x 2TB SAS 7,200 RPM (Free)
    and the second free server to have:-
    Hard Drive 2 x 120GB Intel SSD 320 + 12 x 120GB SSD Intel 320 (Free)

is this ok with you ?

please confirm before i proceed with my order !

Hi HUSSAM,

As long as the builds are eligable on the link for the offer, we can provide you the hardware. Please be aware you can not modify these servers once they have been purchased for 6 months.

Kind Regards,

IT IS CRYSTAL CLEAR what they have agreed upon !

Why wouldnt your support engineer say that clearly then ?
    this is not the first time i get wrong misslead info from you guys

just answer that !
    you have replied several times explaining this IDENTICAL SERVER concept to me

why wouldn't you do the customer a favor and be accurate from FIRST
    just read this Quoted conversation and admit it !

This is NOT the first time i get wrong info from your personnel !
    in the past I almost had the same issue
    after purchasing a server for quite long time i have requested an upgrade for additional external hard drives

you supervisors would say that is ok

but when it comes to your front line support engineers they would say NO sorry thats not possible as you server was bought during a promotion AS IS whithout being possible to upgrade at anytime, not then, not latter on...

why wouldn't you be accurate from first ?
    I really dont care if you say NO from first really, you obviousley have your own reasons to decline my request, just make clear from first please !
    what kind of proffesionalism is that really ?!

guys over here might not have the experience with you,
    but i stand by what i say, redstation often misslead their customers,
    and this is NOT the first time !

One last thing
    Is it too much to ask to get me a quote from your sales ?!
    Is that such a bother for the seller who is suposed to satisfy instead of enforcing the rules over and over again saying you need to personally email them to get your reply ?
    Do you not take a customer's word seriousley when I say that your sales team simply didn't reply to my emails several times ? *AND YES I KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON emails and on my JUNK too as i know something important sooner or latter wil lcome to my junk !* and I had to use the tickets system to get a responce ? YET you insisted that I email them back again, and YES such things do get to you and dealing with such individuals does too !
    Last edited by HyperVMart; 03-29-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Here is my experience with redstation:

- they block port 25 - and use relay SMTP server - this is not listed on their site and i find it idiotish - sure they have their reasons

- for every upgrade you have to pay 50 GBP + VAT - you want more ram- pay 60 BGP plus the cost for RAM, you want additional dedicated IP - pay again - this is also not listed in their offers

- they have good servers - i mean better than poundhost for example
    - if you get DELL R210 from redstation and the same from poundhost - the poundhost version is low cost - smaller hard drives, no DRAC etc

- redstation have good promotions sometimes - one time i ordered R210 server using a promo - but they was not able to deliver and they gave me better server - R210-2 for the same price

That is the same conclusion I came to when I read through this thread.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

I think you misunderstood the informations they gave to you.

this is another bad experience i had

few days ago they promised a 24-48 setup time
    unfortunatley that was not fulfilled

and again both server setup notes were just ignored

ticket #17604
    http://www.grabilla.com/0240e-25b237...67410475d8.png

after 3 days delay and hard drive allocation was wrong, now ill have to wait again to change the hard drives to what i have actually requested !
    http://www.grabilla.com/0240e-a71198...510f6016a2.png

but dont you just think ongoing issues should NOT occur with professional hosts ?

excuse my previous attitude !
    but that was just in the past

but now just correct me if i was wrong ! (absolutley please do !)
    thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by NoSupportLinuxHostin View Post
    That is the same conclusion I came to when I read through this thread.

yes i already got that really no need to say it twice but thanks for passing by
    dont get it wrong please but things need to be said once !

Interesting. It seems they have not improved.