Please help... 56k Stats?

ok, i think something weird is happening on my computer, my internet has all of a sudden slowed down... (im on 56k) and it seems to be that my computer is uploading more than it should... now i have been just normally surfing, no uploading files or anything like that.....

if you would, tell me if this looks weird

Duration: 000:13:09
    Bytes recieved: 1,060,676
    Bytes sent: 232,679

and if you wouldnt mind... post yours... so i may compare... it just seems like i have slowed down.. and at the same time a page is loading, i am uploading something, but i dont know what

Looks normal to me... Look for your conection speed, it should be something like 49.90 kbps and it should be in the same window....
    iPhone 4 HD Wallpapers - High Quality 640x960 iPhone 4 Wallpapers

yeah, its 48000bps

it just seems so slow... especially when i come to wht... and it seems that tutorial forums is kinda slow too...

arent they both on rackshack servers and lines? hmm maybe thats why? you think?
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Fast over here.... No delays
    iPhone 4 HD Wallpapers - High Quality 640x960 iPhone 4 Wallpapers

what is your connection?

It seems like you sent a bit more than your should've but here is what I am at :

477k sent 4084k recieved
    ~ 1:10 ratio

Your 1:5 ratio seems a little high but i wouldnt think much of it

Also im not sure where you live but I notice weird connections when the ground is wet (we are rural and the phone lines arent insulated/protected as much as they should be), phone lines are odd. On the phone, there is a static noise. On teh internet, connection speeds drop and there are far more errors in recieving data, much more is also sent (according to win2k connection stats).

So did it rain last night?
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Mine: (Connected at 45K)

Duration: 000:47:39
    Bytes recieved: 2,976,762
    Bytes sent: 1,002,940

And yes, 45K does suck !

yeah it did rain sunday night...

and i did some thinking.. and this "seemed" to happen after i defregged my computer...

and i even tried dialing a different server.. and still slow... i mean ... its not always been this slow...

here is a comparison... i used to be able to download something from say, download.com at like 5.5k~6k..... now i only get around 4.2k

could it be a problem with my isp... and not me??????

Originally posted by theqase

here is a comparison... i used to be able to download something from say, download.com at like 5.5k~6k..... now i only get around 4.2k
    4.2k is the norm. Anything above that is just compression working. I wouldn't worry about it, but if slow speeds get you crazy...get cable or DSL...
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

but i am sure something is wrong... it used to go faster.. it takes forever for wht to load.... and it didnt used to....

and as for cable or dsl... .i cant get either... no cable where i live... and no dsl because they dont have the equipment for dsl ( i live less than a mile from my phone box)

and i wont go satellite... because its not worth the 80 bucks for the 500 up.. speed when dsl will get you 780 up.. .for 40 bucks

oh well...

i still would like suggestions on why so slow... and could it be my computer? is there any settings in ie i could try to fix it?

thanks again

You may have spyware?! try getting adaware and run it on your system

http://lavasoft.nu
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

you know what.... must have had something like.. that and maybe it was newer than my adaware definitions... because i just did the system restore (WinME) and i seem to be moving faster....
    but when i ran adaware it didnt find anything...

how weird.....

so anyways.. i think i am gonna see if adaware has a new definition packet... and dl it....

thanks for your help dude...

ps its www.lavasoft.de not nu