Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvyreen View Post
    That's just it....they don't!

Not sure if you read this comment of mineI desperately needed a restore of one of my databases and they couldn't help me. I sat for 5hours fixing my data cause I had to manually go through everything. And I'm still not sure its all accurate now.

If the solutions out there are not working, and the only option is to invest more money, then thats what must be done.
    My previous host never had these backup problems.....what are they doing different? Maybe spending more money? Don't know.....but something is different!
    The other solution is for server restoring only. You should always take some backups yourself.
    Regards
    Jacob
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, lets focus on the fact that I didn't have a backup rather than the fact that there were ABSOLUTELY NO backups available for any of the accounts from the providers side. Nada!

If the server crashed, it would need to be restored from the R1Soft backups which is not reliable. I am one person but if the server crashed, it would be PLENTY of people....

Do you REALLY EXPECT every single person to have a recent backup?

Now I'm not saying I SHOULD NOT have my own backup because of the above statement, but if I do happen to find myself in a situation like I did where I happen NOT to have a backup, I should be able to fall back on my hosting provider to obtain that backup...

on the main Reseller page of EZPZ they state
    Quote Originally Posted by EZPZ
    SOURCE=http://www.ezpzhosting.co.uk/resellers.htmlWe take care of server maintenance including software installations, backups, security, monitoring and much more.
    On HostGator they state:
    Quote Originally Posted by HostGator
    Source=http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml
    Automatic Weekly Off-Site Data Backups
    On Site5 they state:
    Quote Originally Posted by Site5
    SOURCE=http://www.site5.com/resellers/web/
    We also do nightly server backups, so you can be certain your information is safe.

Our nightly backups are stored securely and fully capture each server's content, file by file.
    It's part of the service that we pay for....don't forget that.

I think I have made my point
      0 Not allowed!

It's part of the service that we pay for....don't forget that.
    No, Sorry you pay for hosting and hosting only!

Providers taking backups are merely an optional extra incase they need to restore a server.

Go check the ToS for the hosts you qouted then come back and tell us all what it said
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.
      0 Not allowed!

If the server crashed, it would need to be restored from the R1Soft backups which is not reliable. I am one person but if the server crashed, it would be PLENTY of people....
    We do have compressed weekly full server backups on a remote server after R1Soft failing us before so if R1Soft failed we can still restore from one of those - we're just not able to restore individual client data from them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    No, Sorry you pay for hosting and hosting only!

Providers taking backups are merely an optional extra incase they need to restore a server.

Go check the ToS for the hosts you qouted then come back and tell us all what it said
    I did some of the work for wolvy:

Hostgator:

Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service runs once a week, overwrites any of our previous backups made, and only one week of backups are kept. This service is provided to you as a courtesy. HostGator is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on HostGator servers.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Hostgator:

Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service runs once a week, overwrites any of our previous backups made, and only one week of backups are kept. This service is provided to you as a courtesy. HostGator is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on HostGator servers.

I need to say no more really...
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.
      0 Not allowed!

If you are a reseller and not making your own backups then you should not be in the business. I tell all my clients to make a weekly backup as well just incase the server fails and my house burns down at the same time. Stranger things have happened.
    On an EZPZ note. I am super happy with them lately after the switch to the new server. What a nightmare that was.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by smerrikin View Post
    If you are a reseller and not making your own backups then you should not be in the business. I tell all my clients to make a weekly backup as well just incase the server fails and my house burns down at the same time. Stranger things have happened.
    On an EZPZ note. I am super happy with them lately after the switch to the new server. What a nightmare that was.
    i really feel i need to say that this post is so useless as it has been said numerous times already. Its also been responded to numerous times. Was it really necessary to say the same thing everyone has already said?? Come on...someone lock this thread or something...pleeease.....
      0 Not allowed!

I didnt repost this. This is the original post I made. It looks like the mods hacked away at this thread. Thanks though for making me feel bad. Look at the date stamp next time you want to comment like this
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234