Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site has been purchased. Sold

Hi Sean

Thanks. If for any reason it does not complete, please let me know at warwick@bergs.net. I'm keen.

Thanks again.
    Warwick

Closed by the request of OP.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Thread reopened.

Hi all

I'm glad this has been re-opened. Everyone please note:

This person (Sean Melton) approached me and sold this business to me for $400 after this WHT post/sale, and since, has never provided the details required for me to take it over. I have the paypal receipt for the purchase along with all the relevant emails. I raised a PayPal complaint, which he then escalated immediately to a full-blown dispute, instead of trading perspectives through the complaints process.

I thought that was odd at the time, until 5 minutes later PayPal emailed me saying they could nothing because it was virtual goods, not physical, therefore the case was closed. Simple as that folks. How to be ripped off and have all doors to recourse shut firmly on you within a few minutes. I was staggered.

Since then I have been in touch with several individuals from his past discovering no-one with anything very pleasant to say. Now I am amassing information to present to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the FBI, NW3C, and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). Whether they can or will do anything or not, I have no idea, it's only a small amount to them I guess.

But at the very least they will have this person on their books to watch, and at best maybe something will be done.

I would strongly discourage anyone from dealing with this person or if you're going to, please insist on escrow, and use paypal directly from your credit card so that you can reverse the transaction if he does to you what he did to me.

Sean, if you see this post, here's your chance to make it right. But my hopes aren't high. Refund please. I don't trust you now any further than I could throw you.

Anyone else who has had bad dealings with this person, I would appreciate you emailing me on warwick@bergs.net and I would be happy to include your complaint along with mine. Or not, if you would prefer to just tell me information in confidence, that would be fine too thanks.

Thanks everybody, and sorry all to put a bad tone to things here on the forum, but I'm a firm believer that people should not be able to abuse any of us, and if this happens, that decent folk on the forum should be able to get together and make sure we don't endorse this sort of behavior, and make a laughing stock of trading our customer bases via this forum.

Again, my email is warwick@bergs.net and anyone should feel free to contact me in this regard.

Thanks
    Warwick

Interesting Warwick. Someone else requested it be opened Looks like Sean has some explaning to do.

Hi Warwick,

You and I seem to be on the same boat. I paid via Paypal and have not seen any progress towards domain ownership transfer. It's the usual excuses and lies. I'll be happy to provide any details about this transaction and all communication with Sean.

I can't believe how one can become greedy and deceiving like this overnight. I hope he changes his mind and reverts to the person he portrayed himself to be initially.

Count me in.

Regards

Hi there

So you're another purchaser. I wonder how many of us he sold it to?

Cheers
    Warwick

Quote Originally Posted by jwb888 View Post
    Hi there

So you're another purchaser. I wonder how many of us he sold it to?

Cheers
    Warwick
    Yes and I paid in full. I was given root access while he was working on domain ownership transfer (Sep-18). I also changed footer information on imgloader.com to point to our portal. I guess it's only a matter of time before he removes the link.

Regards

Fun being accused of stuff I did not do. If you would reply to your email I sent you the information I need to finish the transfer.

Sean, did you sell it to jwb888 or UNIXy?

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.

Harzem, UNIXy. Domain ownership transfer is being done as we speak.

Why would jwb888 be posting then?
    Jon Black

What happened is listed below like I told UNIXy:

1. jwb888 contacted me and wanted to purchase before me and UNIXy closed the deal. I said ok and we proceeded. He sent me the payment through paypal. Once done I sent him login details for the site and was going to work on the domain transfer. (I have protected registration which takes time to take off via GoDaddy). I then happened to a few days later after keeping him updated that I am working on it still and sending him the server login details notice that all user accounts (about 80 with 5,000+ images) were deleted. I thought wow that is very strange, he did send me the money though so I could not really say anything as it was "his site". I then go to my paypal and see he disputed me as well. Then this is when I got really upset. I called PayPal and was able to get the money back and then now I was having to explain to 80 customers WHY their hosted images and galleries are removed.

To sum it all up: He paid, I gave him access to the server + admin panel. He deleted all accounts, claimed his money then left me to dry. I had to get the money back through PayPal and am still working to get customers their images back.

2. UNIXy is a great guy and we have talked as of today and we got this settled. He understood the problem and we are working on closing the deal.

Thanks everyone.

I'm working with Sean on this. I'll keep the mods informed.

Regards

So will I.

Paypal refused to give my money back or even to allow me to make a proper dispute. I can supply their emails about their T&C where sales of virtual goods are not covered by Buyer Protection, and they won't mediate this sort of dispute. You have my money and I have nothing.

On a positive note, it's good to see now that you've been forced into honoring at least one of your promises.

Now how about my refund? I can show my paypal account, how about you? Without photoshop you aren't going to be showing a chargeback I'm guessing. But OK, I'll call you on it, you send me their chargeback email that supposedly took the money back from you, so I can follow it up with them by phone as to why it hasn't gone into my account. Then I'll consider the matter closed, lick my wounds, and learn some lessons.

Warwick

So will I.

Paypal refused to give my money back or even to allow me to make a proper dispute. I can supply their emails about their T&C where sales of virtual goods are not covered by Buyer Protection, and they won't mediate this sort of dispute. You have my money and I have nothing.

On a positive note, it's good to see now that you've been forced into honoring at least one of your promises.

Now how about my refund? I can show my paypal account, how about you? Without photoshop you aren't going to be showing a chargeback I'm guessing. But OK, I'll call you on it, you send me their chargeback email that supposedly took the money back from you, so I can follow it up with them by phone as to why it hasn't gone into my account. Then I'll consider the matter closed, lick my wounds, and learn some lessons.

Warwick
    What's your story about the "he logged in and deleted many images, then filed a dispute"?

Hi

I have no idea. Apparently I logged in, and deleted all the customers I had just paid $400 for. Not sure why I might have done that. I can't believe this guy.

Cheers
    Warwick

Hi UNIXy

Can you please let me know the date of sale between you and Sean?

Thanks
    Warwick

jwb888,

Please explain why 80 members are missing from the site? It was YOUR IP address which did so. The reason also the domain was not transferred right away as like I said its Private Registration Protected. Which can take up to 5 days for GoDaddy to allow the transfer.

jwb888, I will NOT be giving you a refund as you deleted a lot of data which will take a while to restore and also 5,000 images are gone which cost in damages. Along with the fact you did try to fraud me by disputing your money back after when I told you the deal would be completed.

Harzem - If you`d like just view the site users you can see a ton were deleted (by the numbering) I can provide logs if needed.

UNIXy and I are finishing the sale now and are both pleased.

So if I supposedly deleted everything what are you selling to UNIXy? I wouldn't be "pleased" if there were no customers.

And your logs? Text files right? :-)

Nice try my friend, but that's not going to stop my complaint.

You have my money, and I have nothing from you in return except all this hassle. I will not be letting the matter rest.

Warwick

So if I supposedly deleted everything what are you selling to UNIXy? I wouldn't be "pleased" if there were no customers.

And your logs? Text files right? :-)

Nice try my friend, but that's not going to stop my complaint.

You have my money, and I have nothing from you in return except all this hassle. I will not be letting the matter rest.

Warwick
    I am selling him the site. You can ask him. He verified they were deleted. You can see for yourself the customers were removed.

No my logs are not text files. I`ll let you teamview me on the server viewing the server logs.

Go ahead and file your complaint. You will be hearing from my attorney shortly. You cost me way more then $400 in damages. You tried to fraud me by making me think you were buying and delete all my users.

Sean

I have no idea who (if anybody) deleted files or images or whatever from your system. You didn't give me proper access so I don't even see how that could be possible by any other than you. And your logs are text files which any competent techo can change some IPs in and make it look believable. So I don't buy that, and nor will anyone else with a brain.

And yes please get your attorney to contact me on warwick@bergs.net.

UNIXy, could you please let me know the date of purchase just so I can get the timeline right in my complaint? It's not vital for me because he's sold it to two people anyway and kept both payments, so it is a very clear case of fraud irrespective of the order of things, but I'd just like to get it right.

In closing, everybody, this guy is bad news. A googling of his several email addresses will turn that up if you read a few of them.

Even on this forum, this isn't his first time at it. Search WHT for:

Selling Hosting Company with Over 600 Cleints!!

(the spelling mistake in the line above is his, not mine) and check out Brandon's experience on page three of that post. I will be getting in touch with Brandon too.

Mods, I'm sorry if it looks like I'm pressing this point hard, and I've no desire to bother or annoy anybody, I just don't want to see this guy walk away with my money, and turn around and do it to someone on the forum next time.

Thanks
    Warwick

In closing, everybody, this guy is bad news. A googling of his several email addresses will turn that up if you read a few of them.

Even on this forum, this isn't his first time at it. Search WHT for:

Selling Hosting Company with Over 600 Cleints!!
    Can you please report your post with detailed links to these? I will investigate further.

Hi

I tried to post a link before but the system would not allow me to post links, I'll break it up here below:

w ww. webh ostingtalk. co m/ show thread. php? t = 86351 1&highlight=Selling+Ho sting+Company+600+Cle ints!!&pa ge=3

Hope that makes sense. 3rd post down starts with Brandon, and Mooseweb responds.

That episode doesn't make him more or less guilty of this matter of course, but it's worrying that this is not the first time people on the forum have had problems.

As a side note, Sean has been communicating with me today, and perhaps MIGHT be about to offer a refund. If he does the right thing, I will let all know on this forum. That would be only fair.

Thanks
    Warwick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast