Thread: Check 'er out

Okay, I've changed this site about 40 times until I was happy . I know the text sizes are different on some of the links up top (i just haven't gotten around to changing it yet, but I will). What I'm looking for are mainly ease of navigation, overall design quality, does it look professional or boring. Be honest I can take it . And ANY suggestions would be great.

http://www.compcity.net
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Nice Job...

I like the ease of use and the color scheme. (Not hard on the eyes!!) Looks professional in my opinion.. Good work!!

X-treme

Thanks...

That's exactly what I was going for. Unfortuneately I really suck at graphics so, that's kind of a pain. And I was tired of the whole white bg color. I probably SHOULD hire a graphics person, but I'm way too cheap...

Thanks for the comments
    - Adorno

Smile

I like it, looks great.

Only thing is under hosting plans the ordernow.gif is not showing.

Yeah

Yeah I did notice that too, I've been working double-time on the backend right now, so I have been slagging on the front end. Almost finished with my own little "Reseller Control Panel" thing, then I'll start on the actual pages again. The "Order Now" button is just a place filler but I uploaded it anyway

- Adorno

Thumbs up

I see you mention a special on domain registration. Your regular price is obvious but the special is hidden. You might consider making the special an eye-catcher.

From your plans my guess is that you are with VO. If so (I am) I would like any suggestions on setting up the control panel you might want to make. I plan on doing the same soon.

I would also like to hear your comments on setting up the domain-reselling.

If you decide to share please pick an appropriate forum.

Thanks of showing your site. It loads really fast; one advantage of simple (but nice looking) graphical design.
    Gary

here

I'll give you the address for my little reseller panel I made, not that the "Email Clients" thing doesn't work at all yet. I screwed up with my mysql database format hehe...

http://secure.compcity.net/billing/admin.php

note the lack of the (s) after http . hehe I just haven't set that up yet. You can take a look, it's all fake info anyways.

I dunno what I'm going to do with it after it's done. If you want to talk more about it after you take a look email me (don't wanna break the rules .

As for the domain reg:
    I just haven't updated it, the special on domain registration DOES need to be promoted more, which I will update today, thanks for reminding me .

As for domain reselling, just email me:
    jhall@compcity.net and I'll talk to you about it.
    - Adorno

Off topic...

Originally posted by comphosting
    <A HREF="javascript:window.close();">Click here for customer support!</A>
    If I might suggest a variation:

Looking for the real world? Click here.

VWSpeedRacer
    My sites:
    Watercooled Volkswagens
    Diecast Cars

Nice

I like it - it's very clean. I would like to make a couple of suggestions though:

You've used a lot of %nbsps;s and empty gifs but you're also using a spreadsheet. Have you considered using a class with padding to get the job done?

You've also declared colors for the table cells and a bunch of other things - another great spots for cells that would make it amazingly easy to change or tweek your color scheme if you ever decide to.

Sorry, I'm a CSS freak now that I know how to use it. And we won't even get into SSI (How did I ever live without it!?!)

I love how all the important stuff (nav table and plan links) are all visible right away instead of being and endless column on one side of the screen.

Oh, one other coding thing - in your main text, you use breaks. You might be better off with <p>aragraphs instead - less code, and you can play with it with the CSS. Just remember you'll have to declare the <td>s to match because of that annoying Netscape bug. Netscape - why have you forsaken us?!? Now I have to live with the fact that I prefer IE.

Anyhow, mind you I'm not saying I don't the page - in fact, I love it. Do not hire a graphics person. Most sites use way to many graphics. Yours looks staight-forward and honest. Anyone worth having as a customer will take note of that.

I know you're busy with the other stuff and haven't been able to streamline the code. I say 9/10 with a special bonus for being 640x480 friendly. (I leave my browser at roughly 640x480 non-maximized so I can check that sort of thing.)
    VWSpeedRacer
    My sites:
    Watercooled Volkswagens
    Diecast Cars