Help Needed installing Windowx x64 with VMWare on a Linux MAchine

I was wondering if anyone can help me out or point me to a guide that will allow me to to create a Windows 2003 x64 Virtual MAchine using VMWare server on a CentOS or Redhat installation.

Thanks

you have Centos x64 installed now? and your server cpu supports the virtual server extensions?

I could be wrong about this but I believe I read that need to have the Virtualization Technology option enabled in the BIOS in order to deploy a 64bit guest to VMware ESX on Intel based platforms. Other than that, although I've never tried it, I would think it should work as normal.
    Solar VPS The Best Price to Performance Ratio In Cloud and VPS Hosting
    e: sales@solarvps.com
    The SolarSystem - On Demand VM Creation, DNS Control and more.
    Speed Test: speed.fortressitx.com

I *really* doubt this guy has esx and he is looking for free support on a forum.
    OP you should start out by saying exactly what you have to receive intelligent responses.

Hi-

Sorry for lack for information. I basically have a server from Softlayer (the Intel Quad Core 1.83 with 4GB RAM) and I want to run it as a cPAnel server. I also want to install the free VMWare server and create a Virtual Machine running Windows 2003 x64 bit edition so that I can install Exchange 2007.

I tried the reverse initially- had Windows 2003 x64 as the main OS and then installed VMWare and created a CentOS VM running cPAnel. However the scores posted by unixbench were pretty crappy- not good enough for to handle my current website running under cPAnel. So I thought I'll try the reverse by having cPanel as the host and Exchange as a VM.
    Last edited by AbbasJaffarali; 08-18-2007 at 02:48 AM.

To do this, you need the VM extensions on the cpu, if that is a Xeon, i am pretty sure you have them. Are they enabled in the BIOS?
    You may also want to try out Xen, it will likely have better performance than VMWare.

My guess is that VT extentesion are enabled as Soft Layer is one of those companies that goes the extra mile. Will Xen allow me to run Windows 2003 x64? Any guides on setting that up?