Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You are doing a great thing christan!!
    I think the best would be pay per IP and Pay per Bandwidth may be $ 2.5/ GB or maximum 3.5 / GB.
    I think a dedicated server should have a good control for the buyer and his clients. Most of the people reliese later and spend Dollars on Contol Panel which you have.
    Dedicated servers should allow to make sub-domains(I think it needs wildcards).
    Some plans should also contain Miva features and CilliSoft ASP!
    Can we ask for extra harddisks. Prices are not given in add-ons at your site.
    You are doing a great job

Thank You

Rajiv Mehta

Wink IPs, GBs, DBs

To everyone participating,

Thank you for the response! We had our meeting and agreed on the following:

$1 per IP - First 4 are free.
    $5/GB NOT using the 95th % method - 50GB standard.

and the addition of a discussion board just like this one, but devoted to Catalog.com dedicated customers. (Will be online this afternoon) We want to create a community feel and improve our customer service.

I also made it easier to find the upgrade pages concerning Cobalts and Redhats.

We also launched exciting new NT offerings and our first PIII Redhat server. More are to come as we figure out the logistics.

It has been an extremely busy week, and I want to thank everyone for the response!

I would like to start another discussion regarding hardware offerings for redhat and nt. Would anyone be interested in participating in a discussion concerning these?

Regards,
    Chris Henning
    Catalog.com, Inc.
    Administrator
    FindMyHost.com

Sounds like a good idea to me! Start the thread Christian!

eva2000 Guest
    well i was about to go with catalog.com for a raq3 server on special back in April/May but the special ended 1 day before the deadline... i got no replies to my email asking why and whether the special was still on..

Lightbulb clap clap

Yeah Christian, Go for it! No one in here will stop you I'll join in that's for sure... How bout your network, any upgrade soon?
    Regards,
    # Coreace 837462

Christian,

A question about the bandwidth options:

At the very bottom of the Red Hat order page you have a field for selecting the amount of bandwidth you want. It is labelled "Additional Bandwidth".

The options you provide are:
    - 50GB Included FREE
    - 100GB - add $200 per month

Could you please clarify for me whether the 100GB option is indeed 100GB of additional bandwidth (that is, total 150GB), or whether this is actually meaning just 50GB additional to bring the total bandwidth to 100GB?

I hope it's the former, as that is what is suggested by the field title. If it's the latter, isn't $200 a bit steep for an extra 50GB?

The inclusion of the "50GB Included FREE" option confuses the matter - if the option is for additional bandwidth then surely the "FREE" amount shouldn't be included here, but stated separately. This goes for the IPs as well - if the server comes with 4 anyway, why do we have to choose whether we want 1, 2, 3 or 4 which are all FREE??

Thanks for your clarifications.

Chris

Clarifications

Chris,

Thanks for your input. The 100GB is for 100GB total. And this is a discount of $50 over our $5/gb for anything over 50GB. We hardly see anyone do more than 100gb. Dallas Cowboys being the exception with over 450GB per month.

As for IP's, not everyone needs 4 IP's so we give them the choice of selecting what they need. If they select one and need 3 more in the future, those are free.

Regards,
    Chris Henning
    Catalog.com, Inc.
    Administrator
    FindMyHost.com

Chris,

Why not make the bandwidth issue perfect clear and label it something like:

upgrade to 100 gb (including base 50 gb)- $200 additional OR

100 gb (50 gb added to base 50 gb included with server) - $200

or something along those lines. Make it really hard to misinterpret.

Also, I would substitute the word "included" for "free" with the 50 gb that comes with the server. It isn't free, it's just part of the package.

I'll echo the sentiments of others in saying that it's a pleasure to see a hosting company respond to the needs and desires of prospective clients, and especially to do it so rapidly.

Question Bandwidth monitoring and modperl

Christian,

Can you tell me if you install some sort of IP and/or name-based bandwidth monitoring software on a RH server as standard? If so, what is it?

Also, would you install modperl for a potential customer as part of the basic package?

Thanks

Chris

catalog.com thtread

Just joined the forum

Why did the catalog.com thread stop dead on Sept 17th??

Paul
    www.MyFreeMail.co.uk
    ====================

Either through a lack of responses or a person being unavailable because he took two or three days to canvass all concerns and report back to his superiors, with the end result hopefully seen in future pricing

Replying back

Hi, this is Chris. I started the thread. I have not responded to anything because the moderator for webhostingtalk.com asked that hosting companies not start threads like these.

If you would like to talk, we have installed our own discussion forum at http://bulletin.catalog.com and can discuss all of these questions.

Regards,
    Chris Henning
    Catalog.com, Inc.
    Administrator
    FindMyHost.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12