Help with "emergency" domain parking?

I'm one of the people affected by the meltdown at Nirmani, which as far as I know has been down for 6 days now. A friend graciously offered me emergency space on his server meanwhile. (I am not going to jump into deciding what to do for permanent hosting without a lot of thought and research). However, I can't exactly pester my friend for support!

Here's the problem: I've got two other domains that I need to point to my maindomain.com Web site, but they need their own mail services.

Is there some way either with Apache or via DNS to do this for the Web pages, while still using my friend's server's mail services (via a control panel)?

So, domain2.com/somepage.html would go to maindomain.com/somepage.html etc. (In my ideal world, domain2.com/somepage.html would stay in the browser, but I could live without that). His "reseller" accounts don't have any domain parking in the control panel.

I know there are domain registrars that will do URL forwarding for me, but the problem -- which I discovered the hard way -- is that when I swtich between using a domain registrar's forwarding services and going back to a host, my site DISAPPEARS for a couple of days. It isn't that sometimes it's using the old way and sometimes the new way while the new DNS info propagates; it's that it DISAPPEARS (unlike switching from one host to another, assuming both hosting accounts are working). I don't want my site to disappear again when I move back to a regular host.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I think your best solution would be to decide on a host immediately. What you are considering may be more of a headache than going thru one or two bad hosts to find one good one. If it can be done at all.

You are not talking about merely domain parking you are actually in need of hosting with addon capabilities as you need mail services. I do not see how that will be possible across multiple servers as an addon.
    • Ddos, DOS, Brute force protection • White Label Reseller Hosting. • Proactive Server Management
    • 20+ years experience! • sales@uncensored-hosting.com
    Uncensored-Hosting • X @UncensoredHost