where to buy windows 2000 advance server for dedicated server cheap?

where to buy windows 2000 advance server for dedicated server cheap?

Would your provider install Windows 2000 for you in the first place on a dedicated server?

If so,
    Check out eBay for cheap licenses and software.

he is the hosting provider himself, just sourcing for competitive pricing for IIs software
    ••• 100% Customer Satisfaction!!! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

which version of windows 2000 is for doing webhosting?'

how many server can i install with that license?

sad to say that you need to get individual windows 2000 server for each dedicated server. And to be honest, the price of 2000 c/w 5 clients ~ S$1300+- but that is cheap. Wait until you know how much does SQL7 or 2000 cost.. that is a whopping $7000 to $22000 ..

That's mean to say, if you are offering Windows 2000 hosting w/o the MSSQL on your network, you can only offer Access/ODBC to your client, and probably PGSQL or MySQL. But windows users need MSSQL, that why you see little provider offering windows or providing window servers at low rates.
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | •••

so expensive!!

Critical, I guess you got to spend some time to go research on issues like software and its cost and pro/cons, And I can tell you managing a windows server is not cheap. Nothing come free even for a chat script (a resonable one, not the crap type). That is why many providers are reluctant to offer windows server to customers due to its cost and effort.

And you dun find many end users using that either. Most of the ones whom looks for IIs are those of companies and enterprises level which is good coz they pay well. But pls bear in mind that with these clients on hand equates to a higher responsiblity for you. They are powerful and if (I say if) you think you think that you may have the slightest chance of failing them, then think twice..coz they can sue companies.

Get on with your linux dedicated servers first and until you think you earn enough, then go for windows, at least by then you can start to pay for the license.. and windows doesn't come cheap, and you need to upgrade on and off and upgrading cost money if your support is over. I believe you are a windows user too ..and you know even upgrading from 98 to ME or whatever cost $ right ?

So how much do you think you gotta pay for Windows Server ? The only ones who use them are those who have the $ to spend and obviously Microsoft will be more happy to release news to tell the public that so and so need patches and for this amt of money. but can you dun go for it ? can you risk not to patch or upgrade it in the expense of your customer's security ??

Think twice. It's good to offer windows and I believe there is a market for it. But before jumping into a product line, you gotta do a detailed market analysis and most importantly, if you are asking how much it cost for the software, I believe that you aren't ready to offer that support either.

You don't need windows 2000 Adv. Server unless you are clustering, so you can get windows 2000 server for about $799. SQL 2000 runs about $5000 per processor for the standard edition. You can get SQL 7.0 for about half the price or less if you look around. I am a developer by profession and I mainly program under windows. I noticed that there is good demand for good window hosting for the small business market. The initial cost to start windows hosting is expensive, but there is a good market for it and if you play you cards right, you should be able to make up for the cost quickley. I plan on setting up some windows servers to host my clients in the coming months, and my clients are all ready to come on my servers.

I do agree to netdev. What I mentioned to Critical is still applicable, that abt Singapore dollar 1300$ for the server s/w and abt $7000 to $22000 depending on the type of SQL server. Unless you are looking for enterprise SQL. ..
    But reasonably it should falls abt $11000SGD for SQL2000. that's abt $5000US

eBay.

If you need more than 1 Windows 2000 Server License, Microsoft Singapore is offering a Buy One-Get the second for 1/2 price http://www.microsoft.com/singapore/mssg_docs/1079.aspx if it is of any interest to you.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions