Does SSL need dedicated IP

Hi,
    If in my reseller account, I have 3 customers who need SSL, does that mean each of these three need a dedicated IP? Or can they all share the same IP?
    Or, can I install 1 SSL cert and all three customers can share this 1 cert?
    Very confused about how all this works, never used them before.
    Secondly, What is the easiest way to resell SSL cert to my customers? I use whmcs. Is there a plugin for this (like the domain name module) where all the setup and purchase can be automated?
    Thanks for helping my noob questions

Yes they all need a dedicated IP for each SSL.
    You can join eNom's reseller and you can resell SSL certificate too.
    What country are you from? I don't remembering many knowing the word 'noob', or whatever, since it isn't really a word..

1) Each private SSL will need a dedicated IP address for itself
    2) Check servertastic.com for SSL certificate reselling.
    Thanks,
    - Rick

__________________www.SoftsysHosting.com - Windows Hosting Experts!!Now Serving :: Latest Windows 2008 / IIS7 MS SQL 2008 Hosting with DotNetPanel Windows 2008 ASP, ASP.NET 2.0/3.5, MS SQL 2008, PHP, MySQL Premium Shared

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhoster

Secondly, What is the easiest way to resell SSL cert to my customers? I use whmcs. Is there a plugin for this (like the domain name module) where all the setup and purchase can be automated?

You can just sell ssl/dedicated ip as an addon service.
    I don't think there is any way to process order and setup everything automatically.
    After you receive order from customers, send request to your hosting provider.
    It usually takes us about 30 minutes to install dedicated ip and ssl certificate.

__________________www.premiumreseller.com Reseller Hosting Cpanel 11 WHMResellerWindows Reseller Helm SmarterMail .NET 3.5

Does the ssl makes the site laoding slow ?

__________________█ •Quality Shared Hosting

SSL shouldn't affect the performance of your site.

__________________:: ReadyWire Multimedia Solutions - Now offering Master WHMReseller

mwmarshall Guest
    Depending on your servers connection it may cause the server to slow slightly at times but not major. It will be comforting to your clients when they see you have SSL or there clients when they have SSL and also show you support dedicated IPs and SSL. But like it was said above you could charge a monthly fee for the IP and a SSL price and enom is a great place to sell SSLs, Website Builders, domains, etc.

okay thanks

__________________█ •Quality Shared Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by winhoster View Post
    Does SSL need dedicated IP

Hi,
    If in my reseller account, I have 3 customers who need SSL, does that mean each of these three need a dedicated IP? Or can they all share the same IP?
    Or, can I install 1 SSL cert and all three customers can share this 1 cert?
    Very confused about how all this works, never used them before.
    Thanks for helping my noob questions
    Sure, you can secure multi domain using single ssl certificate and you don't need dedicated ip address. You can get more information by searching following search query "multi domain ssl" in Google.

@MixOughT:
    Does the ssl makes the site laoding slow ?
    I think customer security is more important than any other thinks.

@rickb12:
    SSL shouldn't affect the performance of your site.
    No it doesn't effect on your website performance. twitter, facebook, Google+ and many more powerful social media platform use SSL however they perform well over internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Softsys Hosting View Post
    1) Each private SSL will need a dedicated IP address for itself
    2) Check servertastic.com for SSL certificate reselling.
    Thanks,
    - Rick

__________________www.SoftsysHosting.com - Windows Hosting Experts!!Now Serving :: Latest Windows 2008 / IIS7 MS SQL 2008 Hosting with DotNetPanel Windows 2008 ASP, ASP.NET 2.0/3.5, MS SQL 2008, PHP, MySQL Premium Shared
    Cheers Rick.

Always great to get recommended.
    Richard
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill
    ServerTastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more

Sorry for posting folks, I didn't realise someone had resurrected a four year old thread. Lesson learnt!
    Richard
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill
    ServerTastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more