Exclamation Confused between this VPS providers.. Need your advice

Hi all ,

it's a great pleaser to write to you ...

I'm searching about a good Linux VPS server

by a budget about 35 $ or a little more..

with a minimum 256 MB RAM With more than 512 burst RAM
    With Virtuozzo Power panel and CentOS
    with a minimum 15 GB Disk Space
    with a minimum 200 GB Bandwidth
    + C panel + Fantastico + RV skin .
    + 3 IPs ...
    + free setup

I'm also a newbie in VPS world

so i need a provider who could assist me in Managing and securing it from any problem i could face ,
    and also a friendly one who help me in any thing in my VPS , till i learn and depend on myself and take a larger VPS or a dedi one

SO i searched in VPS Offers Forum here and i found some providers who could be my provider next days

I'm now confused with them :ٍٍs

i saw Jaguar's Offer and i think it could suit me.
    this is it :

FREEDOM PLAN
    15GB Diskspace + 100% FREE = 30GB
    256MB RAM Guaranteed + 50% FREE = 384MB
    1024MB RAM Busrtable
    300GB Bandwidth + 50% FREE = 450GB
    + FREE Control Panel (Plesk, cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, Interworx)
    + 2 FREE MONTHS*
    $39.97/month - 15% Discount = $33.97/month

I'm really going to take it but my experience in managing VPSs is ZERO .
    so some people said to me to take another provider !!

AS SLHOST

SO i searched about them and found great opinions and reviews
    i also found a thread about their offer

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 1-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $35.96 monthly
    $134.82 semi-annually
    20 GB Storage
    150 GB Premium Data Transfer
    256 Guaranteed RAM (1 GB Burstable)
    3 IPs
    their bandwidth isn't too big , but i heard about their GREAT managed services and their help to all their customers , which make their customers are very happy with them .

So i get confused between JagPC and SLHost !!

i really need your opinions about them and which one could be suitable for me ?

* remember : I'm still Zero knowledged about Managing and Securing a VPS till right now ( But trying to learn by collecting lessons from the internet. )

* Waiting for any advice - it's appreciable to reply on my words

* Sorry for being too long and my bad English ...

THANKS AT ALL
    and THANKS WHT

I recommend JagPC. Their sale promo is ending soon so you might want to grab a VPS before your chance is over.

JagPC will set everything up for you and secure it for you. All you have to do is submit a ticket.

Why exactly do you need more than 512MB Burst? You should never rely on burstable RAM for your site's usage. It should only be there as a premium to be able to use in peaks.

If you think you need more than 512MB burstable, you will probably need more than 256MB guaranteed.

Thats my two cents for you.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Volt.Networks View Post
    I recommend JagPC. Their sale promo is ending soon so you might want to grab a VPS before your chance is over.

JagPC will set everything up for you and secure it for you. All you have to do is submit a ticket.

thanks for your recommendation
    but did you tried them ?

what's their ??/10 rating in your opinion ?

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    Why exactly do you need more than 512MB Burst? You should never rely on burstable RAM for your site's usage. It should only be there as a premium to be able to use in peaks.

If you think you need more than 512MB burstable, you will probably need more than 256MB guaranteed.

Thats my two cents for you.
    thanks for your advice
    i just saw that there are some promos offers more than 512 MB so it could be just an extra option ! no more

THANKS AT ALL
    and waiting for any recommendations ??

Yes, I am currently using them. They set up and secure my VPS for me. All I had to do was send in a ticket asking them to do so. The response time has been very fast, usually within the hour (often within minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by Volt.Networks View Post
    Yes, I am currently using them. They set up and secure my VPS for me. All I had to do was send in a ticket asking them to do so. The response time has been very fast, usually within the hour (often within minutes).

THANKS AGAIN And AGAIN

but you didn't say the period you have been with them ?
    and your rating ??/10 for JagPC ?
    THANKS

Yeah I would suggest you go with JacPC. They seem really good and their peoples on these forums are koo

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Frimon86 View Post
    Yeah I would suggest you go with JacPC. They seem really good and their peoples on these forums are too

Thanks

any other recommendations ?

I'd definately recomend SLHOST.com

Been with them for about 6 months now. No issues. The servers are fast and stable and the support is fast as well. They answer tickets between 6 - 30 mins round the clock.

They offer fully managed VPS so you don't have to worry about managing it.

You can expect the same level of management as you would in a shared environment.

Best of Luck (y)
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey this way! View Post
    I'd definitely recommend SLHOST.com

Been with them for about 6 months now. No issues. The servers are fast and stable and the support is fast as well. They answer tickets between 6 - 30 mins round the clock.

They offer fully managed VPS so you don't have to worry about managing it.

You can expect the same level of management as you would in a shared environment.

Best of Luck (y)

THANKS (Y) ,
    you answered all the Qs i could ask it ! about SLH ,
    but i still have one !
    what about their bandwidth ,? is it satisfiable ?

a good experience for SLHOST

So
    JAG / SLH
    2 / 1

Any other Recommendation :?

Quote Originally Posted by didodes View Post
    THANKS (Y) ,
    you answered all the Qs i could ask it ! about SLH ,
    but i still have one !
    what about their bandwidth ,? is it satisfiable ?

a good experience for SLHOST

So
    JAG / SLH
    2 / 1

Any other Recommendation :?
    Hi!

Regarding the bandwidth - Could you elaborate by what you mean "satisfiable"?

If you just search in this forum "SLHOST" you'll find many reviews on SLHOST and first hand experiences of WHT members with them.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

I'm very happy with JAG and if a friend asked me for a solid vps providers, the only one I could reccomend is Jag.

Because most vps companies equate burst to privvmpages under the vz architecture, and most applications allocate far more memory then they use. 512MB burst is not very high, and will cause allocation problems when running many processes. If you are running xen this is not the case so disregard.

real example i just captured for you:

USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
    named 7347 0.1 0.2 39540 3084 ? Ssl 22:07 0:00 /usr/sbin/named -u named

F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN TTY TIME CMD
    1 S 25 7347 1 0 78 0 - 9885 rt_sig ? 00:00:00 named

RSS = ~40MB, SZ=~10MB

Do you want to be accounted/limited on 40MB or 10MB for named's memory 'usage'? If your burst is not substantially higher then the guarantee, in many cases you won't even be able to use the guarantee. I have seen some vps companies ubc configs 'cheat' (usually they do not know much about how linux accounts for memory) customers with this tactic, as they are guaranteeing memory that under real production use, you will not be able to use your guarantee. Imagine if your vps was running all copies of bind, your burst would need to be 4X your guar just to use your guar. if you are running software that malloc's exactly the amount of space needed for storage, you can have a 'guarantee=burst limit' just fine.

hope this clears up how vz and linux accounts memory 'usage' (there is no perfect accounting formula). it is a heavily debated concept on lkml, linux-containers, and ckrm.

---

If you look at a java runtime, the allocation is insane, like 400MB wheras the 'usage' is like 60MB.

Rick Blundell

So.....

i'm going to take Jag's offer !

i'll inform you about news with them
    THANKS ALL

Jag is a very good provider and with free lvl 2 management in the offer they are even better. My only concern for you is that after the initial deployment you might run into management issues. Let us know how it goes after a few months.

Good luck.