Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

JaguarPC / TXVPS : managed VPS, 10gb disk, 100gb b/w from $19.95, NO SETUP FEE!

We are making our discovery plan available only through this exclusive wht promotion. OFFER EXPIRES OCT 30, 2005

~ We will transfer the data for FREE from your old provider to JaguarPC AND not count any of that move against your bandwidth for the month!

Every JaguarPC VPS plan includes:
    - Large Premium bandwidth limits
    - Fully RAID redundant disk space
    - Extremely powerful Dual-Core Capable Multiprocesser Opteron Server (246's or better)
    - Abundant high quality ram
    - Full root access
    - Choice of OS: CentOS, Debian, Fedora Core, Suse.
    - Unlimited Accounts
    - Private Nameservers
    - JagPC Fully Managed Support - 24x7
    - Virtuozzo with Virtuozzo Power Panel (more info)
    - NO SETUP
    - FREE Month
    - FREE Fantastico Deluxe w/ TemplateExpress withwhm/cpanel
    - FREE Moving assitance and data transfer for moves
    - FREE IP's (3)

DISCOVERY PLAN
    10 GB Storage
    128MB RAM Guaranteed (Burstable)
    100 GB Premium Transfer
    Control Panel $5mo extra (Interworx, CP+, DirectAdmin)
    $19.95/month!

ORDER NOW: https://secure.jaguarpc.com/jaguarpc/?loc=whtspecial

FREEDOM PLAN
    15 GB Storage
    256MB RAM Guaranteed (Burstable)
    250 GB Premium Transfer
    Free Control Panel (Interworx, CP+, DirectAdmin, or cPanel/WHM)
    $39.95/month!

APOLLO PLAN
    25 GB Storage
    384MB RAM Guaranteed (Burstable)
    350 GB Premium Transfer
    $59.95/month!

ENTERPRISE PLAN
    45 GB Web Server disk space
    512MB RAM Guaranteed (Burstable)
    450 GB Premium Transfer
    $79.95/month!

Why JaguarPC?
    The bottom line is because we truly care! We have been in this industry since 1998 and know we owe that all to our loyal clients. We put the client first in everything we do from tightly controlled and monitored machines to overall network performance. We welcome any request for tours of our operation and encourage the locals to meet the staff. We don't sell the cheapest services on the market, we sell the best! Please take this opportunity to join the family here at JaguarPC.

Performance is a must! - Datacenter
    Our servers are here in Houston in a Class A data center just off the Southwest Freeway. We boast connections to multiple major backbone providers connected via multiple Gig-E, OC3 and DS-3 lines. Our enterprise datacenter is connected to network carriers such as AT&T, Level3, Williams, YIPES (Level3 and Genuity),
    and Global Crossing. There are two fiber paths for each connection, both aerial and under ground to protect against accidental cuts from local construction.

We don't stop at bandwidth, without power you won't have any bandwidth. Our power is provided over mutilpe paths and circuits to feed each machine a redundant ongoing power supply via power switching equipment. Each power grid is backed up by its own set of generators and backup power batteries.

All that power needs a way to escape. We take cooling very seriously here at JaguarPC. Each machine has to pass a rigorous cooling test before being placed in a cabinet. Each cabinet is cooled with forced air through the bottom, pushed through vented doors and pulled out of the top of the cabinet via a series of exhaust fans.

People to back it up! - Managed services
    Our number one asset here at JaguarPC is without doubt our very skilled and gifted team members. Our overqualified staff will be onsite 24/7 to provide you with any assistance you will ever need. We will cover every aspect of support for your vps from setup to repairs. You break it, we fix it!

We will :
    - provide the initial setup and secure services
    - provide upgrades to your OS including security patches
    - provide free remote hands for troubleshooting
    - provide free monitoring of your vps 24/7 and provide reports
    - provide free hardware replacement
    - provide a customized firewall
    - just about anything you need done serverwide

FAQ:
    We do not allow IRC services.
    We do allow legal adult content.
    No spam!
    TEST IP: 69.73.128.175
    TEST FILE: http://69.73.128.175/test.bin

If you have anymore questions contact sales [@] jaguarpc.com , or call 800-558-5869
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

jag
    you can install clientexec?
    or that you use?
    regards
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

If your asking if we provide clientexec for free, no sorry we dont. If your asking if we can literally install it, yes but thats not covered under managed services since its not a server application but rather an individual site type of application. Im not sure what you meant by "or that you use?" , please elaborate so I can give you an accurate response to what you meant by that. Thank ya
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC

Hi Jag,

does your FREEDOM PLAN come with Directadmin, Installatron installed

also SSL is this included, in the package

How long does it take to have the vps up and running

Yes you can get the freedom plan with directadmin installed, but installatron isnt. I beleive thats directadmins version of fantastico if Im not mistake and we havent had much request for it, in fact of all our vps clients this is only the second request.

Are you asking if a free SSL certificate is included or just SSL such as openssl installed? It is installed but we do not provide a free SSL certificate for vps clients, just on our shared servers. We do sell SSL certificates for $49 with free installation.

hi jag
    you can offer 4 me the ftp account like actober offer cause just now i have money to pay my nem vps account...
    regards
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

Im sorry, that offer is expired. We may run like it or similar in some way to it in the future.

hmmmmmmmmm
    please men hahahaa
    if i pay for it?
    is this ftp can be open to public
    like ftp://ftp.domain.com/file.zip
    ?
    im choosing a vps provider...
    tnkz

I assume your still referring to our nas ftp backup service. It wont have a public domain you can use to distribute files from your login.

hmmmm ok
    thanks 4 help
    i ll do the form soon

Initial Setup?

Jag,

For those of us coming from a shared hosting account to VPS, do your VPS plans come already configured with firewall and ddos hardening and with the programs we are familiar with:

Zend Optimizer
    cURL
    GD
    Imagemagick (if needed), etc.

Essentially, are they ready to go with what we are used to or do we have to "ask" for certain installations, as some "managed" services require. Some of us aren't sure what we need to ask for, so it would be good if they were good to go just as typical "shared" plans are.

Thanks,

DT

Everything is preconfigured so you don't have to worry about installing anything. All of the packages you listed are installed by default. Of course, if you find anything not installed that you'd like to use, we're there to assist.

Thanks Eric.

This sounds great. You can't beat the deal and the JagPC forum is full of happy campers. I just signed up.

Doyle

does this offer include backups?

Will i need to prepay for a year?

Backups are not included with this offer. You can use our remote backup services listed on the site if you want to control your own backups.

There's no need to prepay for one year. Most of our VPS clients signup for monthly billing cycles, but we can work out whatever works best for you.

Thanks and welcome aboard Doyle. I just wanted to make a note so you were aware that while support is 24/7, sales is not. This means it could be monday until your order is setup becuase my sales guys dont work weekends. I just wanted to make sure you knew so you didnt think we are ignoring you or forgot about you.

* Already set up!

Thanks Greg.

For anyone interested in response time, my account was actually set up tonight (Saturday) - less than 24 hours.

For other greenhorns like me, don't choose CP+ (like I did) thinking it is an abbreviation or skin for cPanel, which is what I wanted. I'm not impressed with it and hope it isn't something I have to live with.

Hopefully this order snafu can be resolved without costing me. Otherwise, I'm much impressed with the response time considering it is the weekend.

Doyle

this account dont have backups?
    you wont have parallel hd to do the data backup?
    in Vzpowerpanel do this auto, dont do?
    15gb hd space is with system? or just free space?

The backup features can be add/removed from VZPP as needed and we have decided to remove it for now. We have had offers in the past where we include backup space free of charge, but backups aren't included in this offer. As mentioned earlier, you can look into our remote backup services if you need backups.

The 15 GB is the disk space available for you to use. The control panel you choose will also use this space.

how much OS use of hd?
    i dont understand, how i ll offer to my clients backups?
    RAID 10 dont have data transfer proposites?

The operating systems on Virtuozzo are template based and don't use any space really in your private area.

You can still do remote backups using our remote backup services. We just don't include backups in the main package offering.

I don't quite understand your 3rd question. Raid 10 is a disk configuration that allows for improved disk performance and reliability, but it's not meant to be for backups.

other thing
    can i overselling hd space?
    thnkz

Sure, you are free to oversell your space and bandwidth if you like. You have full control over your VPS and can do what you like with it as long as it's within our AUP guidelines.

Hi Jag,

1. Is the price on the Discovery plan for the lifetime of the plan or just for this month?

2. How many private nameservers on the plan?

3. Can we remote boot?

4. Which version of php is installed?

5. Is the account managed or not managed?

6. Will Fantastico remain free as long as the $5 per month is paid for CPanel?

Thank You,

Betty

Hi Betty,

You have the same questions I had, so maybe I can help and give you an outsider's perspective. I ordered a Discovery plan last Friday night and it was set up the next day.

First, don't do what I did and order CP+ thinking it was a special branded version of cPanel, like xController or something. It isn't and it blows bigtime.

As I "Discovered" :-P, and if you'll examine the offer more closely (like I didn't), cPanel isn't offered with the Discovery plan. You'll see it offered above starting with the Freedom plan.

As I learned, there aren't enough resources with the Discovery plan to load cPanel. I'm like you and like cPanel/Fantastico, so I changed to a Bulk Reseller plan.

I know, that isn't the same as a VPS but as I discovered, the extra resources I thought I was getting isn't necessarily the case. They actually have a SDX plan where they limit the number of accounts on the server to 10. If more CPU power for price is what you are after, it was recommended the SDX would be the way to go over a Discovery VPS.

It made sense to me since I read somewhere that once a server gets filled with too many VPS's, partitioned or not, the expected performance isn't really realized. I saw another VPS host charge more and make a big deal out of limiting their VPS's on one server to 30. So Jaguar's SDX limit of 10 seems to support what the tech told me. But I'm a greenhorn, so do take my word as gospel.

I will say this. The service at Jag is outstanding. No exaggeration. Friendly. And there are actually people there who answer the phone during business hours. Americans at that :-). And the people who actually work on your account. I luckily got the guy who installed my VPS the first time I called. I explained my misunderstanding of what CP+ was and with no fuss, no muss, worked with me to get what I needed. I couldn't be happier with the staff. That's hard to come by these days it seems.

The only reason I didn't go with the SDX is that it doesn't come with WHM. I work with several domains and needed the ability to set my scripts up that way. The SDX does allow unlimited domain pointers, but the basepath would be different for the indivdual domains' scripts, so I opted for the bulk reseller. That way, when I upgrade to a dedicated server, I won't have to change all the basepaths in my scripts. Depends on what you need I guess.

So now that I've rambled about my snafu, this was my understanding of the deal:

1. $19.95 IS for the life of the plan. It's a WHT deal and not even offered on their website;
    2.3 IP's - 1 for the domain(s), 2 for private nameservers - you can order more if you need to;
    3. I think you can do anything on a VPS you can do on a dedicated server; - so yes;
    4. Php4 is what I asked for and was on my Bulk Reseller account. I think you can get what you want (if you want Php5) on a VPS;
    5. According to Eric in his response above, yes, fully managed. That means different things to different hosts. When I opened my CP+ (yuk) panel and clicked firewall setup, lo and behold, it wasn't set up. In their defense, I think they would have done anything I had asked, but since the performance issue wasn't really covered by getting a VPS and then when I changed to Bulk Reseller, the point became moot. I believe they are there to make your server secure for you but, if you're like me and don't know which ports to block, etc., you may have to tell them to "set it up just like your Bulk Reseller account". That's what I was going to ask if I had stayed with a VPS.
    6. N/A for Discovery plan. Yes, Fantastico is free with the other plans as stated above.

Hope this helps.

Doyle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast