Hello everyone,

I currently own a reseller account and provide shared hosting. Everything is going very well so I am looking to move up. I would like to start selling shared hosting accounts with the VPS and possibly move into reseller hosting. Since this is my first VPS I am not sure about how much ram is suitable. I know this greatly depends on how many accounts are on the VPS and the nature of their sites. Here is what I know I am looking for:

- 25-40GB Disk Space
- 300+ GB Bandwidth
- Managed Linux VPS
- cPanel/WHM + Fantastico
- RAM ?
- CPU ?
- Support is certainly very important

Budget $40-$50/month

I hope my budget is reasonable for what I am after. I’m not looking for a provider offering the world for nothing but rather looking for quality. I have found some VPS providers that offer what I'm looking for in my budget range so that is a promising sign my budget is right.

I will be keeping my current reseller plan for my site and as a backup. I will also continue to resell this space until I understand how to set-up and maintain the VPS as I currently have no knowledge with Linux, SSH and running a server.

I understand managed doesn't mean too much. Would I be right to assume the majority of companies will install cPanel/WHM, Apache, Linux and Fantastico?

I haven't yet taken a look in the offers forum as I'm not sure about the CPU and RAM I should be looking for.

Thank you very much for any guidance.

George