Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Extortion at Angelnetworkz

Ok sorry for delays for forum updates, those of you who haven't will soon receive a notice with all the details but here's the basic way it's going to work.

and we'll need to hear from all of you. When you email please send your email to kevin@angelnetworkz.net (only reponses to our email, he cannot help with anything else you may have trouble with). Also remember to include your IP address.

Texas - Options are as follows

Clients who want to stay (will require one months payment, don't send money yet) with us can stay.

Those who wish to switch to TMS directly will be allowed to do so.

Those who have cancelled, well those servers will be gone

California (managed)

Same deal, you want to stay, one months payment will be required for each of your servers, do not send money yet) A special account via managed.com is being set up for this and you can pay there and managed will put the servers up as your payments come in.

Those who want to switch to managed.com directly, let us know your IP's etc again and we'll instruct managed that you are to transfer the server to you.

Cancellations, same thing, will be gone.

Please keep your replies to your IP's and decisions, do not ask questions in the email as Kevin cannot and will not answer them, his job is to compile the list so we can have things taken care of accordingly.

--------------------
    Rachel Marsden
    Angel Networkz
      0 Not allowed!

I hope that no one is foolish enough to give them the benefit of the doubt and that everyone cancels. Then AngelNetworkz 'will be gone' and won't be able to do the same thing again and again.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

Its an attempt to make some extra cash from client who are in desperate need for their data.

This is pure extortion. I hope no one pays them a dime. What ever happened to our money we
    all paid?

Well the truth is now out and I think AN will never recover from this mess and also believe Managed.coms images is tarnished even more then ever for not working with the clients. The trust of doing business with either companies gone.

Shame on Donna for ripping-off. Now it all makes sense why they had special on server since may for BOGO plans.

Well lesson has been learned from this.
      0 Not allowed!

I think all of us should launch a complaint with Toronto police department fraud investigation unit.
      0 Not allowed!

Did that mean they were almost bankrupt or what?
      0 Not allowed!

How do you know that fraud has been comitted? All we know for now is that they are unable to pay the bill. That doesn't count as fraud.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe same could or would happen to clients on TP/TMS servers as well.

So better backup you data daily.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by poolking
    How do you know that fraud has been comitted? All we know for now is that they are unable to pay the bill. That doesn't count as fraud.
    From what I have seen:

1. they won't issue refunds.
    2. they canceled the buy one, one free offer after people signed up under those terms.
    3. People have prepaid 2-6 months in the future and now they have to pay a further month just to get their data.

Uh....
      0 Not allowed!

Has anyone looked at their deal? You can either prepay and get a "special" account from managed.com

or you can release and keep your server at managed.com

WTF is the difference.
    Plain Fast Small Business Web Hosting & Server Management
      0 Not allowed!

Even though I'm in the same position as managed.com, I would absolutely not blame them for what they did. They had no other option.

They cannot legally work with the customers unless Angel Networkz releases the customers to them, which is what they're doing now. So at least now you have an option. Sadly, even if you've pre-paid, the money never made it to Managed.Com, so from that point of view it will seem like extortion, but in reality, they're getting peanuts compared to what they should have gotten (meaning that a server that may already owe managed.com $150, will be able to start with a clean-slate at whatever the monthly rate).

They haven't mentioned anything about refunds/pre-paids, so perhaps they are still thinking about how they're going to handle that. It's a bad situation for everybody involved, but unfortunately, this is probably the best that could happen under the circumstances.

JoseQ
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers
      0 Not allowed!

No offense intended - just curious - but how is it extortion if you are being given the option of dealing directly with the DC? And not being forced to deal with AN?
    Is it because you have to pay for something you may have already paid for?

If AN can't cover the debt that they have with either DC to have servers put back up from payments already received - then isnt this a good compromise considering the situation?

Maybe I'm just a dummy - but I've been through a similar situation before and I sure as heck wish I had of been given these options - which includes access to a server with data intact - as opposed to what I got - a server that had been rm -rf

...i'll go visit dictionary.com and educate myself.
      0 Not allowed!

I will answer how it is fraud and extortion.

Fraud because they got our money and now they refuse to offer us services

Extortion because they have already taken our money for few more months and now they ask us to pay for one more month to even get our data.

I am not even talking about Buy One get one Free Fraud.

I want to appreciate Jose for his efforts to help AN customers.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Shi
    No offense intended - just curious - but how is it extortion if you are being given the option of dealing directly with the DC? And not being forced to deal with AN?
    Is it because you have to pay for something you may have already paid for?

If AN can't cover the debt that they have with either DC to have servers put back up from payments already received - then isnt this a good compromise considering the situation?

Maybe I'm just a dummy - but I've been through a similar situation before and I sure as heck wish I had of been given these options - which includes access to a server with data intact - as opposed to what I got - a server that had been rm -rf

...i'll go visit dictionary.com and educate myself.
    A lot of people have already paid for several months (some even a year) of service and now they have to pay more money to get their data back. Pay up (again) or lose your data . . . that's extortion.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Ryan F
    A lot of people have already paid for several months (some even a year) of service and now they have to pay more money to get their data back. Pay up (again) or lose your data . . . that's extortion.
    Consider the previously available option:

Lose your data or lose your data.

JoseQ

PS - I'm not justifying AN's actions. I just think that under the apparent circumstances (AN has no way to get money to pay either provider), this is the only option to have the data available again.
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers
      0 Not allowed!

Jose: I perfectly agree with what you are saying. People have to be careful in dealing things before they get the data. But these guys cannot go scott free again. They did it one year back with Burst. They changed names and cheated again. So someone should teach them a lesson.
      0 Not allowed!

The obvious thing to do here is to switch to being a customer of the data center your server is located. If you were happy with the service you were getting there, then keep the server. If not, pay for a month, get your data, then transfer elsewhere.

Angelnetworkz didn't have to allow your servers to be released to the provider directly, and the provider didn't have to agree to let you keep your servers (considering the debt that Angelnetworkz racked up).
    Last edited by qps; 09-02-2004 at 03:08 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

How can it be a fair deal. I have already paid till end of Sept. There are people who have paid for 6 months already. On top of our payments, they are saying pay more if you want data back. How can you call this a fair deal.
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't pay Angelnetworkz another dime. Go with the provider directly.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rishidude
    I will answer how it is fraud and extortion.

Fraud because they got our money and now they refuse to offer us services

Extortion because they have already taken our money for few more months and now they ask us to pay for one more month to even get our data.

I am not even talking about Buy One get one Free Fraud.

I want to appreciate Jose for his efforts to help AN customers.
    Let me spell it out for you, how can AN refuse to provide you a service when managed.com have pulled the plug on their servers, which makes it impossible to provide a service?

You cannot deny anyone a service that cannot be provided.

Withdrawing a service due to difficulties in my opinion is not fraud.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rishidude
    How can it be a fair deal. I have already paid till end of Sept. There are people who have paid for 6 months already. On top of our payments, they are saying pay more if you want data back. How can you call this a fair deal.
    Rishidude, I've kept quiet till now...

Think about this. If I was AN, I could have either let you guyz go after me and allow the servers to go to LIMBO or I could be nice to all of AN's customer and allow Manage.com to help out and give people the change to get their data back.

Now, what do you think AN is gonna get out of this? NOTHING! Action is going to be taken against them no matter what. So, if you say that AN is being unfair, then think again... They do not have to help us out yet they are, just be greatful that you have the opportunity to get your data back!

Aaron Ong.
      0 Not allowed!

This is sick. Hopefully people realize operational costs are a reality and you cannot get servers, network, datacenter, management, hardware replacement for next to nothing. Saving a few dollars a day isn't worth it in the end.

Hopefully noone gets really out from this, it is a true travesty.
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Those who want to switch to managed.com directly, let us know your IP's etc again and we'll instruct managed that you are to transfer the server to you . . .

Those who wish to switch to TMS directly will be allowed to do so.
    Well, at least they are organising for clients to switch to the server supplier direct. As far as asking for more money from customers who are probably already paid up, well that's a worry.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Neosurge
    This is sick. Hopefully people realize operational costs are a reality and you cannot get servers, network, datacenter, management, hardware replacement for next to nothing. Saving a few dollars a day isn't worth it in the end.

Hopefully noone gets really out from this, it is a true travesty.
    ^^^^ What he said ^^^^
      0 Not allowed!

What if we, as a customer, don't do anything? What will happen to our servers then? Rachel's post is so unclear about so many things!
      0 Not allowed!

I posted this and in less than 30 seconds it had been deleted with countless other posts.

Were has all the money gone this is the biggest case of fraud that i have ever seen. There is no shame to AN this is the most digraceful thing i have seen. You were paid money by people only 2 weeks ago and most of these people did not have to pay you anything including me so i say again WERE IS ALL THE MONEY. Please add to this email you are sending out a section that tells us were we will be getting our refunds from. I for one am not paying for Donna and Kevins or whoever elses lifestyle not a hope in hell.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast