Content Delivery Network?

I need recommendations for a content delivery network, currently using Internap and looking for a new provider, any recommendations? Cheaper price if possible.

Any specific requirements beyond price?

Pretty much the same as internap allows, using expression encoder and silverlight, we're also going to be using adjuggler for ad injection. I think monthly payments are around 1000 a month if I recall.

Well, you have a few options. Akamai is one of the largest, but you'll pay a lot more. But also their support centers are in India.
    From my interaction, Limelight seems to be one of the best in terms of support, and their network is top notch.
    Mirror-Image has been just ok, in my experience.
    But my experience with CDNs is mostly limited to streaming video.

I'm not sure of your reasons for moving, but if you're happy with the InterNAP product, you might try just picking up CDN services from SofLayer. As far as I know, it is just branded InterNAP CDN services anyways.

JakeLL Guest
    Re: Content Delivery Network?

Well, if you wanted to switch from Internap fro whatever the reason, I would recommend a CDN with some experience. These days, comapanies claim to be "CDN's" with a few servers around the US.

Last edited by CArmstrong : 11-25-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Is there any particular reason as to why you wanna shift OUT of Internap's CDN?
    Was it bad service? Poor network routing? High price? Can you share your experience with us?
    - Win Z

Nation,
    Check out www.pantherexpress.com, they seem to have their stuff in order. There is also www.edgecast.com.

Anyone else know much about Limelight, positive or negative?
    -mike

__________________Limestone Networks - Dedicated Server Hosting
    Premium Network - 24/7/365 Support - Dual Intel Xeon Servers Now Available
    Dallas Datacenter - Fully Routed Backend Networkhttp://www.limestonenetworks.com 1-877-586-0555

LongTimeLurker Guest
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike - Limestone

Anyone else know much about Limelight, positive or negative?
    -mike

I run a niche portal site that averages about 1 million unique visitors per day and transfers about 150TB a month. This site has news, pictures, videos, a forum, and other information.
    Basically I was was looking into CDN services and decided to go with Limelight. Limelight delivers my Videos, pictures, and other small objects are are relatively static. Basically if it will be static for more than a day or so it get's handed to Limelight.
    I started using Limelight about 3 months ago and so far have been extremely pleased. Whenever I contact they they are very helpful and knowledgeable. There seems to be a huge speed difference. Not only I notice it but reading what people have to say on my message boards there is coutless post after post from people all over the world (80% US traffic) about how much faster the site is.
    There has also been a significant increase in the number of pages each visitor visits and how long they stay on the site. This has also translated to higher advertising revenue as well. Immediatly after moving content to limelight These improvements occured. I am talking about the same day my advertising revenue went up about 30% and has remained 30-50% higher. I attribute this to an improved experience users have on the site.
    So all and all I having nothing but good things to say about Limelight Networks.
    I'm curious why you are asking. Are you considering LLNW transit in your mix for your hosting? If that's the case I don't have any experience in simply using them for transit, but if it applied to my situation I'd be willing to try them out based on their stellar performance on the CDN side.

Have a look at Amazon CloudFront if you are aiming for affordability.

__________________.
    Jamie Edwards - as seen on the Internet (@jmedwards - Twitter) » Kayako help desk software - providing leading ticketed, e-mail and live chat support solutions for your business

I ended up going with limelight, the sales rep offered me a deal that was difficult to pass up.

You might want to check out Akamai, SoftLayer, and or Peer 1.
    All the best,