* Template Design Needed ASAP!!!

Name: Robert Kerry
    Email: rob@2ninety.com

Hi,

We're about to start work on a directory of UK Web Hosts called 'Web Host Watch' and need a good design template.
    I'm a Director at 2ninety ( http://2ninety.com ) and am willing to give the designer a FREE Package 3 web hosting account if their design is used.

More information on the package can be found at:
    http://2ninety.com/hosting.shtml

Please attatch your layouts to your posts in 'zip' format. We will only give you a package if your design is used.
    It would also be a good idea to upload them to the Web so we can all see which ones are the best!

Links required:

Search
    Add A Host
    Reviews

Domain Names
    Budget Hosting
    Professional Hosting
    Dedicated Servers
    Co-location

Domains For Sale
    Forum
    Chat
    Contact Us
    Privacy Policy

Also a news table should be located on the far right of your template.

Template must leave a good amount of space for content.

It's up to you whether to use frames or not.

NO FLASH!

No other restrictions, just make it generically appealable and to do with hosting. The logo could incorporate a photo of an eye? just an idea, it's totally up to you!

Make it quick and make it good though, we've got a couple of student designers after the job.

No tacky or unprofessional designs though, we want quality so get out your Photoshop 6 maunuals!!!

If your design is very very good, we'll put a text link to your site at the bottom of every page. But it has to leave us speechless which is very hard!!!

Thanks!

Robert Kerry

Hosting packages form £29.99 a year with 50Mb of Webspace!!!
    Go to http://www.2ninety.com

Originally posted by 2ninety
    Please attatch your layouts to your posts in 'zip' format. We will only give you a package if your design is used.
    It would also be a good idea to upload them to the Web so we can all see which ones are the best!
    This is meant as positive feedback, so I hope it will be moderator approved: You're asking people to post template designs, which by their nature can be easily adapted and used by anyone, to a public forum without even knowing whether they'll get any compensation from you. It's one thing to risk giving a design away to one person, but you might reconsider the terms of your request because many people won't want to risk giving them away to dozens or hundreds of people!

[Personally, I won't submit one anyway since I like money, not hosting packages, but just some advice for a better response.]

hmmm

SHould ad this is meant as reinforcement as feedbak to the above post

and what are you going to do with all the submisions ??

I am not sure but most serious web developers are not going to send you anything ??
    I know I would want money not a host package
    but good luck getting what you want
    Aloha, Chad
    www.happyfish.com
    To do a move in such a way that no one suspects let alone detects !!!

Talking

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

We have now chosen a design after being swamped with layouts from other forums.

I understand that some people may be wary of posting layouts to forums although would uploading a layout to a website rather than a forum be any less riskier? Sadly, anyone who can right-click can copy layouts. I personally would find it just as easy to rip off altaVISTA as to download a design from a forum (not that anyone would want to).

The problem is where the line should be drawn with caution. Would there be any web sites in existance today if everyone was worried that their design would be stolen.

The reason why web developers trust us is that we're a limited company making it less likely for us to be gone the next day and also that we start careers for developers. 2ninety use freelance web designers to design most sites so that we can concentrate on hosting, which in turn helps developers until they have enough finance and experience to start up on their own.

If you want to see the winning layout, you can view it at http://webhostwatch.co.uk (it is only a rough template so no links will work)

Thanks again,

Robert Kerry

Sales Director
    Hosting packages form £29.99 a year with 50Mb of Webspace!!!
    Go to http://www.2ninety.com

2ninety, have you even read your own post? I'm a web developer and first of all, I would never go for a deal like this where I won't get any money (I can only think younger people would). Secondly, I would never put any time creating a layout for you and then posting this layout I'm trying to sell on public forum where anyone can steal it. Thirdly, I wouldn't even have sent it to you in a.zip before getting payed, but that's just me..

The thing I want to say is that offcourse you can not protect your website from thieves. However, should you really be that stupid to put the layout you're trying to sale online for people to take? And not only that, post a link to the website on a public forum!!??? You might as well drive up to an alley in NY, park your new 2001 year corvette there, then give the keys to a homeless guy and then go shopping and come back later expecting for your car to still be there (in one piece).

(SH)Saeed

did anyone else miss the supposed "credit" to the winning designer at the bottom of every page??

that's just sad...
    iVersit Communications - Powering Your Success
    http://www.iversit.com/

Originally posted by Orpheus1539
    did anyone else miss the supposed "credit" to the winning designer at the bottom of every page??

that's just sad...
    At the time he was still developing his website so he did not want his site to be linked to at that time. Since then he has made more designs for us and is now in alliance with us whereby we refer all US clients to him.

Please be more constructive in your posts, no one likes a forum member who goes around looking for fights.

:o)

Rob