Linux sysadmin to assist Windows->Linux migration

Hi,

We want to migrate our existing Windows network to a Linux one, and roughly these are the tasks involved:

(I realize it's not very likely someone will know all of these, so we're willing to hire one person for tasks not directly related to Samba/LDAP/Kerb, and another one for those specific needs... but if you fit the fill, by all means, apply).

* Install and configure a PDC with Samba and possibly LDAP/Kerberos (based on your suggestion).
    * Configure common network infrastructure: DNS, DHCP.
    * Configure Webmin on each server.
    * Configure an IPCop firewall with four NICs.
    * Configure network monitoring.
    * Configure Windows-compatible file server.
    * Configure servers to authenticate via the PDC.
    * Configure local package repository with pre-approved upgrade packages for auto-installation (is this possible?).

What *won't* be needed:

* Messaging server (email, IM, etc.)

The servers will be distributed as VMware virtual machines across two physical servers (which shouldn't make a difference since you'd be accessing to the VMs via SSH). Hosts and VMs use Ubuntu 7.04. The network will be segmented in 4 blocks: LAN, DMZ, Wireless, Internet.

There are lots more work to do, but I hope this gives you an idea of the expertise required.

Thank you,
    Ivan V.

I can do all you've listed, a couple of points will need to be discussed. You can contact me at support@beeserve.com to discuss finer details and costs if you're interested.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Hi,

Your server is rejecting my e-mail address.

Can you send me more info on you and your prices to ivanvr at hemac dot com dot mx please?

Thanks!

Oops, I see damn GApps rejecting my e-mails again... please send to elterrible at ivanyvenian dot com

Hello,

We can get this job done for you. But first we need to discuss the things in details regarding all the points you have mentioned above and the costing factor to get all the things done as per your requirement.

Please PM us your online IM ids and email address so that we can discuss the things in details.

Thank you.

Regards,

For some reason I can't send PMs either... Please contact me using the e-mail I provided before (elterrible at ivanyvenian dot com)

The private message system is only available for members with more than 5 posts.

You must make five (5) posts before utilizing the PM and system e-mail features or viewing member profile information. If you choose to make meaningless posts to circumvent this restriction, your account will be disabled.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Hi

We can perform this task for you.

If you are interested in,so just contact us:

email: info@jts-online.de
    msn: support4jts@hotmail.de
    aim: support4jts
    yahoo: jokertechsystems
    jabber: hoen@jabber.jts-online.de

Cheers

johannes hoen
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Still Searching?

We emailed you but did not get any confirmation as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by paxx View Post
    For some reason I can't send PMs either... Please contact me using the e-mail I provided before (elterrible at ivanyvenian dot com)

We have filled this position.

Thank to everyone who applied!