Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anything about hosting-unlimited.net?

Hi, I've just found

http://www.hosting-unlimited.net

and they seems to be providing the packages with reasonable prices. Does anybody know this company, or currently having an account with them? Then please let me know how they are.

Cheers!

The website design looks good, cant say i have an account with them to comment on them though.

I would say this though, why have they called them selfs "hosting-unlimited" or do people not know that there is no such thing as unlimited.

Thanks, Flumps

I checked their support forum and there are many active users and there seems to be many happy customers. I would sign up with their service to see if it's a lucky find.

I also sent email to them to see how quick they can reply to it, and also to know some crucial information like how many people is working, or how long they've been in business, how many servers they've got or something like that.

do tell us what they replied to your email and in what time?
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Do tell us also why their site loads so slowly .... one thing comes to my mind "small pipe oversold" hmm

Hi, domainwala and NH-Benjamin

I'll post when I get the reply from them.
    It's been past 4 hours, but still no reply yet!

>small pipe oversold
    For me their website is loaded as normal. But it maybe on the different server from the one for customers.

There website seems to be down :\

There website seems to be down :\
    So it's not just me then. It's down (or times out) in Eastern Europe.

Originally posted by NH-Benjamin
    Do tell us also why their site loads so slowly .... one thing comes to my mind "small pipe oversold" hmm
    No site showing from here.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Yep, it seems to be down at the moment....
    Hmmm, it'd be taking ages to get a reply then. :-/

This is why I constantly urge consumers to do more research before clicking the order button! Ask lots of questions!

Site not working for me too.

Originally posted by NH-Benjamin
    might help if ur not on a 56k connection lmao jk.

loads fine for me when i visited it that time when i made my comment. then again i do have a 1mbit connection all to myself

Hello,

This is just typical isn't it! The first ever thread asking about us on WHT and our site is currently down.

We don't host our own site ourselves, for the simple reason that if any of our servers go down then our clients can still contact us. The host we choose to host our main web site with is currently experiencing a DDOS attack.

I'm receptive to any questions you may have via PM on these forums, but bear in mind you won't be able to order until our site comes back to life.

The word "Unlimited" in our name is actually ironic - although nobody has ever picked up on it :'(

Do a Google search, you'll find some decent independent reviews of our service.

Quote Originally Posted by gvc
    I also sent email to them to see how quick they can reply to it, and also to know some crucial information like how many people is working, or how long they've been in business, how many servers they've got or something like that.
    4 people .:. December 2002 .:. 7

Kevin
    Last edited by H-U.net; 06-11-2004 at 11:24 AM.

It appears to be down for me too, and I'm on a business ADSL line with 512k and 20:1 contention and very rarely have problems, so I guess the server or network is down.

Hi, Kevin

Thank you for the reply! Sorry to hear you are having trouble of DDOS attack.
    um, on top of above some questions, I asked several other questions in my email. Don't worry, I'll be waiting for your reply by email. Then I should ignore how long it would take as it seems this isn't a case to measure the length of time for the reply :-)

....can't wait to check HU's page again...

Yes, DDOS is never fun. It's one of these things that are out of any hosts' jurisdiction unfortunately. None of our clients are affected I should mention, only our own site.

Our response time is good - but then I guess I'm not the best person to measure this

Kevin

Kevin replied to my email shortly after their server was back.

As he explained, they've been running hosting business since Dec 2002, and there are 4 people working for the company, they've got 7 servers currently located at EV1, aiming 99.8% uptime.

For me as a person who is living in London, mentally it'd be better to have a server here in U.K. as they are based in U.K.. I think this is a lucky find.

Did you ask for the hostnames of each of the four servers?
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Uh, no I didn't. But I think Kevin would be able to answer to your question here.

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    Did you ask for the hostnames of each of the four servers?
    Is the canonical hostname of a server a 'normal' question you get asked then? Goodness knows what that implies if you do.

I smell scepticism - http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/status/

Kevin

If a host says they own x servers I expect them to supply x hostnames.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.

May I politely suggest you're barking mad?

Kevin

Don't claim to have stuff if you aren't prepared to offer proof that's all I'm saying. Are you overloading the servers and afraid of a whois check or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast