Buyyourhost Experience

Hi i was signed up on a VPS on buyyourhost.com and there server went down, it was down forabout 3 days so i went on twitter to get there number so i phoned and all it kept doing was ringing / put me on hold. Then once it was up i posted a ticket to say could i cancel the service please.

Then i got an email for an invoice of $15.95 which was my next invoice and it was 6 days till it was due but the day i tried to call was around 8 days or 7 days left which is fine to cancel as says in there TOS.

So i sent a support ticket saying this:

Hi i dont think i am reliable to pay the invoice of $15.95 for cancelling, as I got an email to say i had to cancel service with in 7 days? otherwise you still need to pay invoice of $15.95 but i been thinking that would of been impossible to cancel as client area was not up and when ever i called phone number no one ever answered the phone i was on hold.

Then the reply was:

Hello,

We have not recieved a call from you, You ring support you'd get an answer no matter what time of day. You have to cancel within 7days of next due invoice, You submitted a ticket less than 7-days before invoice was due. We can either come to a settlement of $10 or we pass this over to another company and they'll deal with you

So then i sent like Screenshot documents to proof my case on the date i phoned and they still tried to charge me for it .

Even though it was not my fault that i tried to get in contact with them and i coudnt get through.

SO then i spoke to a person called Matt he was a lovely person but couldn't help out as Craig just would not listen he just said to me this:

"All our numbers point to same location, We only have 1 call log from You. Today when you done a test? I guess i shall pass this onto another company and get the full amount from you.

I've been nice and gave you the option to pay $10 rather than $15 however you seem to argue the point"

Which is so low its underbelievable as i did try and contact them and even sent proof of me calling them TWICE the day is stated above.

So people who want to host with buyyourhost just be aware as if you try to cancel just do it before 7 days as your just be in the same position as me so i paid the $7.49 which he siad i could pay or he would pass it on to collection people even though none of this was not my fault there server was down and tried to contact them.

So please be very careful as my experience i thought these where the perfect people but "CRAIG" just kept go on bout taking me to collection company.

just want to say Matthew you was a great help.

This sounds horrible and not fun at all I hope it gets fixed for you and I would not pay the extra sounds like a strong arm robbery to me.

Sounds like you should probably find a new host...and this time dig up some reviews before signing up.

I do, i have a dedicated server now

Their going to send debt collectors for $15? Lol...
    Jonathan Martin
    - MPServ LLC
    - MPServ.net - Quality Game Server Hosting - Minecraft - GMod - Team fortress 2
    - Custom Control Panel - Average 1 hour support response - Instant Activation - Amazing Prices!

They was going to yup. i just paid the $7.49 as couldnt be assed with the moaning

They would have paid more hiring them to get it back
    █ Adam Gammell | agammell[at]fibervolt.com
    Virtual Private Servers | Fantastic Support | Worldwide Locations
    █ Reliable VPS Hosting | 99.9% Uptime | 24/7 Support
    www.fibervolt.com | Twitter : @fiber_volt

Just disgusted because you go with people as you think there nice and then they just stab you in the back, there ok when take me money but as soon as problem they never answer phone.

Aaron,

Thanks for reviews, however have you told WHT that our TOS state clearly to cancel 7days before due date? via email or ticket system. Yes we had some issues that have been cleared up now, however you clearly never read our TOS on sign up?

Thanks

Also may i add we was online and our client area was too. So We had a slight hardware issue and when we recovered you then decide to cancel.

Nothing was stopping you 7days before due date. We admit the hardware issue wasn't dealt with in the best of ways. We shall not take the blame for you being lazy and not reading our TOS and submitting a ticket/cancel request in whmcs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuyYourHost View Post
    So We had a slight hardware issue and when we recovered you then decide to cancel.
    That's usually what happens when you host everything on the same (budget) server
    I also suggest you get a lawyer to rewrite your terms of service because they are so meaningless you might as well not even have them

We do not host everything on the same server. Our services apart from XEN vps was offline.....

Still no excuse to not read our TOS when you sign up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuyYourHost View Post
    We do not host everything on the same server.

Code:
    [root@dnsup ~]# host buyyourhost.com
    buyyourhost.com has address 204.45.85.28
    buyyourhost.com mail is handled by 10 mail.buyyourhost.com.
    [root@dnsup ~]# host mail.buyyourhost.com
    mail.buyyourhost.com has address 204.45.85.28
    [root@dnsup ~]# host ns1.buyyourhost.com
    ns1.buyyourhost.com has address 204.45.85.29
    [root@dnsup ~]# host ns2.buyyourhost.com
    ns2.buyyourhost.com has address 204.45.85.30
    [root@dnsup ~]#
    So what happens if your main server goes offline?
    Your site goes offline, your shared hosting goes offline, your nameservers stop responding, and your mail goes offline.

That's our website,

Wouldn't effect customers VPS. Our website was active, anyhows this conversation is rather pointless.

Our website was not offline prior to the 7days, it was offline for about 4hours around 4/5days before his invoice was due. So if we was Offline/Online after that (which it was) he was still late putting a request to cancel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n!ghtmare View Post
    So what happens if your main server goes offline?
    Your site goes offline, your shared hosting goes offline, your nameservers stop responding, and your mail goes offline.
    Everyone has issues and no one can keep a website with 100% uptime, most providers outages are minor we don't notice. We backup on a daily basis, should our system fault we can easily replace.

If thats what you think then thats what you think but i know otherwise

Lol, love these stories

he's going to send u to the debt collector agency for 15$$$

ahhahahahahaha best comment of the day

Quote Originally Posted by CadEy View Post
    Lol, love these stories

he's going to send u to the debt collector agency for 15$$$

ahhahahahahaha best comment of the day
    1&1 almost sent our account to debt collectors once, over a $3 domain that I had cancelled through their control panel.
    miscis.com - Providing domains and premium hosting solutions at an affordable price
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | CloudLinux | Daily Backups
    █ Accepting PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Liberty Reserve
    Currently in Netherlands, EU & Arizona, USA