Recommend a managed dedicated Please!

Hi,

First off, I'm pretty different from most of the requests on this forum. I host a single site, but probably going to start 1 or 2 more. I am in need of a dedicated server. I have a budget of a monthly 100-150$.

1.7 Celeron or 2.4 P4..would I need it?
    1000GB Bandwidth
    40-80GB HD
    I guess 512MB Ram
    cPanel WHM,Fantastico
    Fully managed
    5 IP's
    Gr8 Customer Service

I was looking at several sites like avail networks and dedicatednow. For dedicated now, are the servers managed? If not, are there any good sites that can help me manage my server because I am a total newbie and this stuff. I heard about platinum, but you have to request stuff. Though they are really cheap, I have no clue what to request..

I appreciate your help in helping me choose a provider as you may have went through several bad ones.. Ask me any questions if you need to,. Thanks

dedicatedplace.com is a good place to buy managed dedicated servers. I have not tested dedicatednow.com but I hear they are good from the WHT forums. There is a few other smaller resellers for dedicated servers, but dedicatedplace.com seems to be great for myself.

layeredtech.com is about the cheapest unless you pay a large setup fee with dedicatednow.com which if you do this your better off going to liquidweb.com.

layeredtech.com is unmanaged servers but you can get managment from many providers really cheap. platinumservermanagement.com is one of the best and I would not go anywhere else.

Right now you can get a good setup from layeredtech as they always run promos on WHT and I think they are still running there new years special. You can get a server from them and managment from platinumservermanagement.com for $29 a month and still be at $150.

I checked all the sites you put. LiquidWeb is a bit pricey.. The lowest is 144$ ?

Layeredtech is good pricing, but it's all self managed.. and even if I get platinum..i would have to know what to ask them lol..

dedicatedplace looks pretty good..and pretty cheap.. I'll do a search

Ty

server management & security

Quote Originally Posted by badhairdude
    Hi,

First off, I'm pretty different from most of the requests on this forum. I host a single site, but probably going to start 1 or 2 more. I am in need of a dedicated server. I have a budget of a monthly 100-150$.

1.7 Celeron or 2.4 P4..would I need it?
    1000GB Bandwidth
    40-80GB HD
    I guess 512MB Ram
    cPanel WHM,Fantastico
    Fully managed
    5 IP's
    Gr8 Customer Service

I was looking at several sites like avail networks and dedicatednow. For dedicated now, are the servers managed? If not, are there any good sites that can help me manage my server because I am a total newbie and this stuff. I heard about platinum, but you have to request stuff. Though they are really cheap, I have no clue what to request..

I appreciate your help in helping me choose a provider as you may have went through several bad ones.. Ask me any questions if you need to,. Thanks
    We work with easyservermanagement.com for over 3 years and added 3 more servers. They deliver 1000% with 24/7 reponse within max. 5 minutes. server monitoring 24/7 - if goes down automatically trouble ticket will be submitted and resolved/rebooted. They include server security etc. check them out, you won't be sorry. Have a nice day - DNbulk