Many people seem happy to say when a web host gets things wrong but seem less likely to praise a company.
Yes I'm new here, this is actually my first post but I'm planning on staying around a while - this is not a "register, post praise, vanish after promotion" kind of post

I'd just like to say to anybody looking for hosting how well I've been treated by ICDSoft.
I'm by no means a veteran to web design and hosting and it took me literally months to decide where I was going to host some pages.
They aren't too expensive, $5 per month gets you 333MB web space and 5GB of transfer.
They also offer many add-on's as standard.
These guys really excel at support, in the two months I've been using them I've had need to e-mail their support system about five times (nothing serious, just questions and requests) and the longest I've had to wait for a reply was one hour, I've had a response within ten minutes before and that was at 2:00am my time (UK).

Now I know lots of people go by the rules "If it looks too good to be true it probably is" and to be honest I follow those rules too.
The only drawback I can find about these hosts are that their servers are in Hong Kong.
This does mean that your site will take that little bit longer to respond and appear in people's browsers.
I've never logged on to find my site down (although I'm sure they must have had the odd server glitch in the 2 months I've been using them).

All I can say is if you are looking for a reliable host and don't want to spend the earth on one give these guys a look, they really do know what they are doing.
I work in the IT industry and I honestly don't think I've come accross e-mail based support which has been as good and as fast as these guy's.

Oh, BTW - No I don't work for them or anything like that, but after a search I noticed they haven't really been mentioned much on this site and even those threads that do mention them seem to be rather unconcluded.