Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

hostpacket.net down?

What's happening there at hostpacket.net?
    Anyone knows?

moving our site to server# 3

i've got a website there and is now down.
    do i have to do any changes?

You know, it would be really helpful if you could e-mail ALL of your clients before you carry out changes like this. My site has been going off and on for 2 days now with visitors to my place complaining about it.

It's most unprofessional to carry out changes without notifying your clients, after all they have clients of their own to look after as well!

My site has been down at least 5 times since I signed up just 2 weeks ago. If this continues I will have to leave - it's beyond a joke now.

Originally posted by dk2002
    We've been rebuilding the clients database and I don't have time to add 400+ clients to the mailing list, but I've around 250 clients data on the original database after I empty it by accident 2 months ago, we can send the newsletter but did not do it yet
    They can't do it because they don't have the time right now, apparently.

Originally posted by wiredpioneer
    You know, it would be really helpful if you could e-mail ALL of your clients before you carry out changes like this.
    I agree with this.
    My website will open to the public in next week... and i hope that this could be solved in the near near future.

(btw... do i have to email the support to do some changes?)

Originally posted by vir2L

(btw... do i have to email the support to do some changes?)
    No idea, but if you do it's their job to tell us this.

You're right...
    Hope this will resolve soon because i need to get in the mysql database.

I'm really hoping HostPacket gets everything moved to the right server and all issues resolved. I think they can be a fine hosting company, but time is running out on them having to prove it to us.

Too late for me, I moved last night from the server...the constant downtime is horrendous...

And you're right, what does it take to send out an email to clients? I sit here wondering what the hell is going on!!

Originally posted by StateDOG
    I think they can be a fine hosting company, but time is running out on them having to prove it to us.
    Agreed. I'm still willing to give them a chance however my patience is almost out. I hope things work out now.

* whats happening!?

Hello there, i just signed in to this forums because i saw somebody from hostpacket is writing here.

Please tell me what is happening with my site, i have been trying to access it for the last 4 hours without luck.

I have clients too who i have to respond and i dont know whats taking so much time.

I can handle the downtime, what i just cant handle is the fact that you dont inform your custumers, even in hostpacket board about the downtime.

I still think you are a great company and hope everything goes right ASAP

Im just asking for an explanation, is that too much???

Host packet is moving its site to server # 3, may be doing other maintenance jobs also...You may have to wait a little b4 things become straight..

"moving our site to server# 3"

it would been helpful if they had added also an

"expect X hours of downtime" message

i REALLY need to know how much time should i wait
    im getting a little

sorry about my english, im learning

No prob,, iago i understand...Thay have explained that they did noy have time to add everyone to their mailing list & had to take this action with out informing. Hopefully they will be up and your site too. You may contact their support and let them know so that they can address the issue accordingly

But why the down time?

the trick to successful implementations is Planning Planning Planning -

Build the new pre-production site when everything is up, plan a rollback strategy, plan and announce a small outage window, dump the original database, restore to the new site, perform some brief testing - make dns changes to make the switch pernament and you are away - announce end of outage.

Problem - rollback and announce end of outage - and start responding to the "Please Explains from the Boss"
    Cryptonomicon
    --------------------

But they have three servers, and over 400 clients or so I've heard.

If that is the case, moving ALL those accounts into one new server would result in the server being overcrowded.

When the owner said 'we're moving the site to server #1' I think he meant the HostPacket.net website itself.

So, I'd think that only sites being transfered onto the new server would be affected, maybe this may include new accounts as well. Unless they're having some other problems with the two other servers, I don't see why those accounts should be affected.

almost 8 hours???

Staunch Technical Support
    Featuring our innovative on-line trouble ticketing and on-line customer response systems, our trained 24x7 technical support team guarantees you the swiftest and most efficient way of getting your queries and problems solved with minimal hassle. With combined practical networking experience of more than 5 years, our team of technical support engineers are well equipped to handle all forms of network hardware and software contingencies.

99.9% Uptime Guarantee

My english is not very good but i think i can understand quite right this statements.

The least i expect is a single message of Hostpacket about whats going on, if the servers move, oright, but please inform us, your clients, how much time do we have to wait.

Also, what does that guarantee covers?

Maybe they have a lot of work/stress right now but they must inform us of the status of the servers. I also have custumers and i dont know what to tell them!

Thank you to the other guys that are trying to explain us what might be happening, but i want to hear that from HOSTPACKET, the company which im paying for the service.

I have sent messages several times without a response,.. it has been almost 8 hours of downtime, this is not acceptable even if they are switching servers.

Re: almost 8 hours???

Originally posted by iago
    Also, what does that guarantee covers?
    Nothing, which is a huge problem. They need to start re-imbursing clients for the guarentee which is NOT being lived up to.
    Cube X Hosting
    www.CXHosting.com
    AIM: CubeXH, Yahoo: CubeXH

guar·an·tee Pronunciation Key (grn-t)
    n.
    Something that assures a particular outcome or condition: Lack of interest is a guarantee of failure.

A promise or an assurance, especially one given in writing, that attests to the quality or durability of a product or service.

A pledge that something will be performed in a specified manner.

A guaranty by which one person assumes responsibility for paying another's debts or fulfilling another's responsibilities.

A guaranty for the execution, completion, or existence of something.
    Cube X Hosting
    www.CXHosting.com
    AIM: CubeXH, Yahoo: CubeXH

But why the down time?

the trick to successful implementations is Planning Planning Planning -

Build the new pre-production site when everything is up, plan a rollback strategy, plan and announce a small outage window, dump the original database, restore to the new site, perform some brief testing - make dns changes to make the switch pernament and you are away - announce end of outage.

Problem - rollback and announce end of outage - and start responding to the "Please Explains from the Boss"
    Cryptonomicon
    --------------------

Still down from Taiwan.
    This the second times since I use hostpacket.net hosting plan.
    If they down again I will change my hosting.

I think they should announce all clients about they prepare transfer to new server and let us know when will start.

This down time is over 8hrs.

I think HostPacket reps should now post here to explain their situation so that clients can be calmed down.

I don't think they have any idea what they are doing. Downtime gets explained away as "bad guys" and they ignore customers. Look at some of the threads here where people are wondering about the service or making observations about their lousy service. They respond rudely and inappropriately.

I would suggest that you all avoid HostPacket at all costs...now I just need to find someone new.

Their main website http://hostpacket.net seems to be up from my place...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast