(iexpresshost) I think they're gone.

This has happened to me before (featureprice.com).

I had pretty good luck with Iexpresshost in the past, they were responsive and communicated with me. I wondered what was happening when they forgot to bill me several months back, I was about to subscribe again, but then everything disappeared.

I figured they were gone once I realized their site was down. I immediately got a new host and pointed my domains to my new nameservers. I was up and running with slightly modified email addresses within 8 hours.

My advice is stay with someone semi-local. Iexpresshost was based in Singapore. I went with mediatemple.com. They allow multiple domains and have great customer service, and they're in LA.

Its a pitty when a webhost you have been with for a while goes down especialy when they do not tell you about it.

Aslong as you are happy with mediatemple.com then stick with them! Use the search function and see what reviews/comments come up about them.

I guess you never get too comfortable with a virtual host.

Always look for a host with several dedicated servers, private nameservers etc. These all make is almost clear they are not a reseller, this means that they look after all there equipment and SHOULD know what they are doing.
    But you have to remember some hosts have management/money/etc problems that force them to close down, but you should always expect suitable warning!

There's really only one way to avoid having this happen with 100% certainty. Sign up for Verio.

It's just about guaranteed that they'll be there tomorrow.

I suspect Verio could probably buy just about all of us on this forum 3 times over if they so chose.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

You should always keep your own backups no matter which host you pick.

Best of luck to you with mediatemple.com, I hope you have a pleasant experience with them

Know what you're getting before you buy. Ask questions of the live support, test the ticket system out, and see what datacenter they are in, you want to be sure the uptime is good.

It sounds like buying hosting from singapore was not a good idea.

Originally posted by Blazin Trav
    It sounds like buying hosting from singapore was not a good idea.
    It seems iexpresshost had its servers at ThePlanet
    and only the headquarter was located in Singapore.

So it's most likely a management or economical issue.
    The same happens to many webhosting companies
    whether they are located in Singapore, Europe, USA
    or elsewhere.

most start the bussiness to achive some great skies, but often fail due to lack of clients or leave the bussiness due to frequent bad names to their service.

I had no idea they were in Singapore when I subscribed. Often times you never find that info, but I suggest avoiding a service if you cant find it. Not that it matters a whole lot, a company in LA is not guaranteed to be better than a company anywhere else. Back up!

You can always do a quick check at http://whois.sc
    for more information.

And when it looks like
    Name: BigBoss
    Street: 1St.
    City: A-City
    Zip: 111111
    Phone: +12345678

you should think twice

Originally posted by afa340a
    There's really only one way to avoid having this happen with 100% certainty. Sign up for Verio.

It's just about guaranteed that they'll be there tomorrow.

I suspect Verio could probably buy just about all of us on this forum 3 times over if they so chose.
    There are many hosts that are just as reliable and stable as Verio. However, do you have any experience with Verio's services? I see that you run EuroVPS.com, which whois.sc says is located at the Leaseweb datacenter. Are you currently using them or have you used them in the past?
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Are you currently using them or have you used them in the past?
    Yes of course I have used Verio, I've been using Verio since '2000 for a personal site of mine that needs to be hosted in the US. Yes we run our own company, but I trust Verio from my extensive experience w/them.

Yes they're expensive, I paid ~20$ per month to host a single site, on a shared account, but I have peace of mind. It's prepaid for 6 more years, so basically I don't worry about it.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120