99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heh #! I already know this and don't use paypal.com crap services

44 44.44%
  • Hey, I love PayPal.com crap service and i will continue to use them

55 55.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Another PayPal.com Victim

Hi,

Today suddenly when I logged into my PayPal.com account I found that my paypal.com account is restricted because there stupid security systems flagged it with *(^(&#^*^.

Now system is telling me to fax my credit card statement and license copy. I have been using paypal.com for more then year without any problems. I have 3 working credit card registered with them. There was never, any charge backs etc. My account was blocked 3 times before this without any reasons and some how I got managed to get it unblocked.

Now I feel very harassed by this company and realize the claims made by people about paypal.com must be true, because I am the victim this time.

I am also thinking about emailing my 1000's of clients informing them about this paypal.com practice and a message that our company will no longer accept PayPal due to fraudulent practices by this company and suggesting them not to use there service.

Another Very Annoyed paypal.com Member.

p.s.: Oh yeah I feel good because 10 days before there was more then $3000+ and I paid to somebody and now there are only $100 and I am not going to fax these documents to them ! what do you think ! should I ?. after all my credit card statement contains my financial information, why should I send it to this company ?
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

eh, i just started to use paypal and im fine with them till they **** me over like a no arm and no leg lady throw into a pool
    Don't look for a way out.

most people don't get it until they get kick on there ass.

i realized this, when it is happening with me.

Oh, NO No no, how can this be true, this is not happening with me. how can they do this to me.

Got it !?

eh paypal is evil and i dont have a CC so my only use is paypal, said but true... shame on me
    Don't look for a way out.

To add on to the paypal "hate list" scroll to the bottom of the page:

http://www.techtv.com/cybercrime/int...370214,00.html

is0lized: KEWL: you're one post away from being a WHT Addict

Well done!
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

Originally posted by is0lized
    eh, i just started to use paypal and im fine with them till they **** me over like a no arm and no leg lady throw into a pool
    Thank You, Sesran
    www.Hostified.com - Web Hosting
    Offering Shared, Reseller & Windows Hosting

Originally posted by Sesran

LOL
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

Re: Another PayPal.com Victim

Originally posted by mahinder

p.s.: Oh yeah I feel good because 10 days before there was more then $3000+ and I paid to somebody and now there are only $100 and I am not going to fax these documents to them !

Thats probably why you are having problems. They only allow a certain amount of cash flow out of your account at one time then they start to track you. The FBI has been down on them for international money lundering, so they must do this.

Not taking sides, just explain what I have heard.

Jim
    Old School WHT'er
    Hosting Since 1999

Re: Re: Another PayPal.com Victim

Originally posted by jimb

Thats probably why you are having problems. They only allow a certain amount of cash flow out of your account at one time then they start to track you. The FBI has been down on them for international money lundering, so they must do this.

Not taking sides, just explain what I have heard.

Jim
    common, its my money, I can use it where ever I want, who is paypal.com to restrict it and ask for documentation and credit card statements, I already confirmed my 3 credit cards with there credit card verification systems where they charge $1, isn't this enough for them to know I am the owner of credit cards, also if they have any such kind of concerns, why don't they clearly state FBI have problems with my account and not paypal.com and I will be more then happy to submit required documents.

or paypal.com is simply trying to make money from peoples accounts by harassing them to give up and leave there money like one of our forum member did for more then $2000 and I know them personally and they are very reputable company.

anyway, I learned lesson not to use there crap service and definitely going to make many people aware of there business practices.

edit:
    they claim 20 million accounts, if they disable 1% accounts like they did to me and only 5% of people give up with around $500 they get strait revenues of $million.

We had approx $512 taken away from us, but managed to recover 200. We are switching to 2checkout.com and leaving PayPal as a bad memory.
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

yeah paypal is a bitch

where is the paypaldeamon ?

Originally posted by mahinder
    where is the paypaldeamon ?
    He hasnt posted on here for ages.
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.

Originally posted by is0lized
    LOL. This post didn't get censored.
    Pro D'ZYNES Profesional Print and Web Solutions

Cool HI mahinder,

Please feel free to pm me your account email address, or you can email me directly (damon@paypal.com). I need to see the reason why the account was restricted.

As a reminder, account restrictions are very rare. Our terms of use do indicate the reasons an account can be restricted. In addition, we do have some very strong anti-fraud measures in place that do catch legitimate users at times.

Thank you for your patience.
    Damon
    PayPal Consumer Relations

Cool Hi mahinder,

I still have not received an email from you regarding your account email address. I would like to have the issue resolved, so I would like to look into it.
    Damon

* Fastest Way To Loose Your Clients...

Now I feel very harassed by this company and realize the claims made by people about paypal.com must be true, because I am the victim this time.
    Ditto!
    I am also thinking about emailing my 1000's of clients informing them about this paypal.com practice and a message that our company will no longer accept PayPal due to fraudulent practices by this company and suggesting them not to use there service.
    Ditto!
    Please feel free to pm me your account email address, or you can email me directly (damon@paypal.com). I need to see the reason why the account was restricted.
    I phoned paypal multiple times concerning this very issue. I spoke with multiple people who told me the same thing over and over and over and over again "It was restricted for suspicious activity during the sending or receipt of funds." I asked multiple times "What else could be done with paypal if not the sending or receipt of money?" They of course had no answer for that, and were unable to explain WHAT EXACTLY caused the restriction. The most I could get was "The system flagged it so you have to comply".

I asked how I would go about closing the paypal account and receiving my funds if I refused to send them the requested documentation (Credit Card Statement, Bank Statement, Utility Bills AND Drivers License...yes they want ALL OF IT at MINIMUM). I was told that if I closed the account w/o providing all of the above it would be around 180 days prior to them releasing the funds. I am _NOT_ a happy camper.

The reps were rude and condescending and could only find it within themselves to repeat POLICY and offer NOTHING of value that would assist in resolving the issue outside of "Do what we say or say goodbye to your funds". I tried repeatedly to explain that AT MINIMUM they should be able to tell me what transaction triggered the restriction so that I could PREVENT that type of transaction from happening again -- They would NOT do this.

They've left me with no choice but to send the documentation requested. Mind you, I'll obviously be taking a HUGE Black Marker to each document leaving ONLY the required information barely visible as their request for so much is ridiculous ESPECIALLY if they cannot provide a REASON for the flag outside of "Well the computer said so.".

I have a client waiting for a refund to their paypal account and I can NOT send this refund to them because of paypal's restriction... Note however, paypal continues to RECEIVE the money and keep it in their interest bearing account...

It wasn't but a few months ago that paypal called me personally asking if I would like to buy into their IPO -- It was posts like these that caused me NOT to.... and situations like this one that solidify the fact that my choice not to was probably a good one.

I stayed away from these threads because I had not had personal experience with the problems reported. It was not my place to speak. Now however, these issues have hit right where it hurts and I'll have no problem speaking loudly every time I see PP mentioned.

I could have dealt with their "POLICY" had it of been given to me in a RESPECTABLE fashion... but the Rude, uninformative, refusal to assist attitude, mixed with the "perceived feeling of theft", is uncalled for.

PayPal seems to be a great service when it's working as you expect it to but... Buyer Beware this could (and probably will at some point) happen to you. It will be most uncomfortable when it does.

Nail the Fraud PayPal -- But be careful not to wound the innocent!
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Cool Hi Deb,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have had. However, it is really hard for me to advise you on why the account was restricted without the account information.

It does appear that there may be some question about the integrity of the funds coming in. As a precaution to protect our user base ,the account was restricted. The restriction can be resolved with the requested documentation.

Our User Agreement does state the reasons an account can be restricted. We do have some aggressive anti-fraud measures in place that do catch legitimate users at times, so I do apologize for any inconvenience you have had. I also apologize if you have had any issues going through customer service (however, they do have a hard time going forward without the requested documentation being presented).

As it relates to the refund to your client, that is an issue I can work with our account management team (it would require your permission to refund the user).

Please feel free to contact me, as I would like to see closure on your case.
    Damon

Sorry Damon but this issue isn't "yours" to resolve. I provided all of the requested information to Tasha in the "Appeals or Dispute" Resolution department and Micheal on the frontline and two other ladies when this began also on the frontlines. In addition to the FAXs tonight.

I cannot imagine you being able to accomplish more, and I am unwilling to send the info to their "forum poster" as much as I can respect your attempt to help.

If the "Appeals Department", as the ones responsible for this issue, cannot provide the information and the three other "customer service reps" could not then why/how would you be able to as a "customer relations" rep?

The Account is the only one held by FutureQuest, Inc. and the report of complaints on this account should be growing on PP's files.

Sending the info -again- seems unsecure and a waste of time at this point. I will wait the "up to a week" they requested and if it is not completed as promised (just like them promising to call me back and not doing so) then I'll send the details to our attorney. There are some things worth wasting lawyer fees on. Principle being a big one in my book...

So again, thank you for your apology however after what I have dealt with while speaking with other reps for PP I cannot imagine the apology, or your offer to assist, is one that PP stands behind therefore your hands would be just as tied as the others.

I would LOVE to close the PP account however I still have quite a few clients that prefer to use it. Hopefully PPs system will work faster at restricting accounts for "suspicious activity" so less and less of our clients enjoy the service. At that point it'll be easy for me to rm -rf PayPal.
    FutureQuest.net

I think that as long as you don't report "suspicious activity" to Paypal, you'll have a lesser chance of having your account restricted .
    Ronny Fang
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

Funny thing about it is that I've gone over ALL of the activity on our PP account and there simply isn't anything abnormal about any of it nor has there EVER been a complaint or report on the account. Good ol' Tasha even confirmed that she could see nothing wrong with the account -- except for the fact that it's RESTRICTED
    FutureQuest.net

Re: Fastest Way To Loose Your Clients...

Originally posted by Deb
    ...I spoke with multiple people who told me the same thing over and over and over and over again "It was restricted for suspicious activity during the sending or receipt of funds." I asked multiple times "What else could be done with paypal if not the sending or receipt of money?" They of course had no answer for that, and were unable to explain WHAT EXACTLY caused the restriction. The most I could get was "The system flagged it so you have to comply"...

...I asked how I would go about closing the paypal account and receiving my funds if I refused to send them the requested documentation (Credit Card Statement, Bank Statement, Utility Bills AND Drivers License...yes they want ALL OF IT at MINIMUM). I was told that if I closed the account w/o providing all of the above it would be around 180 days...

..."Well the computer said so."...
    Very interesting. Thank you for posting your experiences. I have recently signed up with PayPal as I was thinking of offering it for my clients as well. I can honestly say that I won't be anymore. Luckily I haven't actually "Verified" the account because I wanted to investigate other claims I've read elsewhere about similar issues. I am happy that I didn't complete everything as they require.

Sorry to hear that you have had problems along with all the others that have posted responses. As far as anyone screaming at me for making this decision before truly trying their service, why should I wait until this happens to then say "well I guess I can complain now."? It shouldn't be that way. Oh' well, I guess I'll just stick to the several other methods of payment already in place.
    - Mark

Hi Deb,

I am not asking you to submit the information again. All I am asking for is your account email address to see what the issue is, as well as to see if the case is being worked.

As I stated, I am flying blind without having this. I can't give you an idea as to what caused the fraud flags in our system without the email address.
    Damon

I can't give you an idea as to what caused the fraud flags in our system without the email address.
    Email address is in your pm and on our Billing page as a payment option.
    FutureQuest.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast