Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Exovian Finally out of business?

Well over the past few months many of the users on WebHostingTalk have been scammed into a bad situation, so i have decided to do a little bit of research and surprisingly enough, I found some interesting information out about exovian's recent actions.

Please note this thread was started to give everyone a quick overview about the people who where affected, and are still being charged by this company, and to also provide an update regarding Exovian Internet Services. (Exovian.com)

In the past view months Exovian has been able to fool a lot of their customers into believing that they could offer 'unlimited disk space, and bandwidth'. They had various auctions on eBay for $15 dollars a year providing the 'unlimited' services. However their account has been removed from eBay, or i would provide a link to their account.

Here are some of the sad stories of the customers affected:

Exovian.com
    Billing problem with exovian.com
    Cheated.... Need Help
    Stay away from exovian.com
    What happens to a host if they break TOS?

Well down to the good news, Exovian Internet Services / DIGCOR INC has been put on the Inactive status for doing business as a legal company in the state of Florida. What this basically means is if they continue to do business, they are operating WITHOUT a business license and if they have not closed their business checking accounts, and their merchant accounts, just complain to your credit card companies and you should get a refund. Here is a link to the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations where you can see for yourself that DIGCOR INC has gone out of business.

If you have any questions regarding the reliability of this post please feel free to do a whois for Exovian.com, and you will see

Code:
    Registrant:

Digcor INC
    126 Bayberry Circle
    Jupiter, Florida 33458
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
       Domain Name: EXOVIAN.COM
          Created on: 10-Jun-03
          Expires on: 10-Jun-05
          Last Updated on: 31-Jan-04

Administrative Contact:
          Digcor INC, .  admin@exovian.com
          126 Bayberry Circle
          Jupiter, Florida 33458
          United States
       Technical Contact:
          Digcor INC, .  support@exovian.com
          126 Bayberry Circle
          Jupiter, Florida 33458
          United States

Domain servers in listed order:
          NS1.DIGCOR.COM
          NS2.DIGCOR.COM
    Which is the same information that the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations has on file.

Hopefully if you are a Exovian customer after reading this post the least you will do is make a backup of your files, however hopefully this will help the WHT users who where affected by this whole mess.
      0 Not allowed!

Someones been doing their reasearch.
      0 Not allowed!

Also it is good to note that when I signed up in January, there was a different address on the invoice:

Exovian Internet Services
    10147 Boca Entrada Blvd #216
    Boca Raton, FL 33428

I filed a BBB report last night, using both addresses. Not that it would do any good at this point.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a new host. One with glowing references going back more that one year
      0 Not allowed!

Nice. Now I have the Exovian people's full names and addresses:

TARANTINO, JAMES W JR
    11341 SW 9TH CT
    DAVIE FL 33325

GABLER, BENJAMIN J
    3217 COVE RD
    JUPITER FL 33469

TARANTINO, JAMES W JR
    11341 SW 9TH CT
    DAVIE FL 33325
      0 Not allowed!

eBay Member Page

Here is a screen shot from one of Exovian's customers, when they took evidence of the unlimited hosting package, where they clearly state they DO NOT oversell.

For a clear picture please visit this attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exovian.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rogean
    Someones been doing their reasearch.
    If someone is willing to scam people, I'm willing to spend my time to find out who they are. Hosting companies such as Exovian give all of the other smaller company’s bad names. I am pretty sure Exovian has affected more then 100 people in a negative way. I just think it’s a shame that a few people have to scam people into believing that they can have the world for $15 dollars a year.
      0 Not allowed!

Very strange... I used Ben's services last year, my clients were a bit too much for his server. I asked for a refund and he gave it to me no questions asked.
      0 Not allowed!

We exovian customers have gotta stick together. If someone lands a good host, please share, thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by trminatr
    Very strange... I used Ben's services last year, my clients were a bit too much for his server. I asked for a refund and he gave it to me no questions asked.
    The problem is that they're simply not paying attention to their little company anymore... so it seems.

They were great when they cared. I've actually had a good experience up until they dissappeared.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Cathode
    We exovian customers have gotta stick together. If someone lands a good host, please share, thanks!
    What kind of hosting are you looking for.. Windows/Linux, Reseller Packages?
      0 Not allowed!

I need a duplicate of exovian's reseller linux entry level plan. PHP, cpalen, WHN, 1000MB space, 25GB bandwidth... etc
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by trminatr
    I heard that Exovian did give refunds to some customers, however since maybe 4-5 months now Ben the President of Exovian nor his support staff has been giving support to their customers, and canceled accounts are still being charged though an automatic system. Exovian has become like a company ran by a system, w/o any support, and w/o any cancellation page so the system knows when to stop billing. In addition to this Either the President of the company or the VP of the company recently put the company on an inactive status which is a sign of the business failure.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Cathode
    I need a duplicate of exovian's reseller linux entry level plan. PHP, cpalen, WHN, 1000MB space, 25GB bandwidth... etc
    What kind of price range? Check out this company http://psychz.net/services/reseller/reseller.htm

This company has been in business since Jan 2001, and seem to be a pretty good company.

Disk Space: 3500 MB
    Bandwidth: 25 GB
    E-Mails: Unlimited
    Price: $10.00 per month
      0 Not allowed!

That's a darn shame a little effort goes a long way in this industry but I mean c'mon15 bucks a year for unlimited hosting. Everyone should know that is a logical recipe for disaster.

Mix:
    1. a bogus claim
    2. yearly pricing

and cook for a few months
    the result is a whole lot of mess and one burnt pie.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

I wasn't one of those saps who fell for their ebay scam. I paid a regular price... still gettin' screwed here.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    That's a darn shame a little effort goes a long way in this industry but I mean c'mon15 bucks a year for unlimited hosting. Everyone should know that is a logical recipe for disaster.

Mix:
    1. a bogus claim
    2. yearly pricing

and cook for a few months
    the result is a whole lot of mess and one burnt pie.
    Well if you think of the market of eBay, people are always looking for the cheapest deals, and are more then willing to pay $15 a year. Plus eBay's market isn’t to familiar with the web hosting industry in the first place so they don’t have any 'guidelines' they should follow when choosing a host and dont take all the costs of running a web hosting company into consideration since people normally think of web hosting being free (geocities, etc)
      0 Not allowed!

I tried messenger with Ben but no answer.

Sorry you guys from exovian are having these issues.

I would suggest you look for a decent host, spend a reasonable amount of money per month and enjoy a more stress free hosting experience.

10 bucks a month seems a little low for 3.5GB of space and gobs of bandwidth.

I use a well known wholesaler for my servers, and the math doesnt leave much room for profit at that price. Mind you, we dont use bargain basement server farm either. Something would have to give I think.
      0 Not allowed!

I am definietly looking to pay more here... I just want a good company. that's proving to be pretty hard to find
      0 Not allowed!

Well you are defiantly at a good place to find a good host, you might want to open up a thread related to finding a reseller.

Also getting back on subject on this thread, Cathode did you ever get any e-mails from a merchant service provider from Exovian? Such as Authorized.net or Link Point, etc?
      0 Not allowed!

I haven't, I paid once (yearly) and my account has had no real billing adjustments, except for one strange one, someone came online long enough to sell me a dedicated IP about 3 weeks ago.
      0 Not allowed!

Just one note about the status of the record at sunbiz. The last activity is an administrative dissolution, not a voluntary dissolution. This is an action by the Florida Department of State, probably because Digcor failed to file the required annual report as I don't see that in the documents there.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.
      0 Not allowed!

I guess they forgot to include income tax on the $15 dollars for the unlimited webhosting deals?
      0 Not allowed!

Hey I just got this

Dear %%FULL_NAME%%, There has been many false reports about Exovian going out of business which is not true. Due to the recent hurricanes, not only have we been without power and internet but it has slowed the process of paperwork down for our annual report and license renewel for Digcor INC. We can assure you Exovian is here to stay and we thank you for your patience. If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to submit a helpdesk ticket at http://www.exovian.com/helpdesk/ and we will take care of it ASAP. Regards, Ben Exovian Internet Services CEO Regards, Exovian Internet Services
    This is really good news!
      0 Not allowed!

What goes around comes around...

They cheated people outa money, now theyre outa business

Thats the way the world turns...
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry for the double post, but Cathode's post was pretty humerous

How does hurricanes affect a datacenter, most likely not located in florida/lower eastcoast... If im reading it rite theyre saying their machines have been down due to power loss

wow they're good at BSing their way out of stuff...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast