hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Fidpac / Steve Gunnels
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Fidpac / Steve Gunnels

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 03:13 PM

Fidpac / Steve Gunnels

here's another fidpac / Steve gunnels story:

I (yes, I'm stupid) signed up for 2 years in January 2003 with him. So in June 2004 I get an email that my account needs to be renewed. 6 months BEFORE it's due date. Now, it's that fun ?? I've yet to hear what he'll say back.

I have to admit, their throughput is pretty good, support has been OK, but it's a big scammer company, that's for sure !

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Disabled

that is a bad billing team

Old 07-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Web Hosting Master

shows advanced warning

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2004, 03:42 PM
M*T

Quote:
Originally posted by Tris-SA
shows advanced warning
Could very well be advanced warning. Did they state the "expiration date"? Or are they just letting you know?

Glenn

'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Old 07-01-2004, 03:44 PM

no expiration date. He said their records indicated it was time to renew. My original receipt says I renewed in jan 2003 for 2 years...

Old 07-01-2004, 03:50 PM
M*T

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles Deenen
no expiration date. He said their records indicated it was time to renew. My original receipt says I renewed in jan 2003 for 2 years...
Could just be a simple mix-up. Send them your payment details and ask them to look in to it.

Glenn

Old 07-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Web Hosting Master

yeh, I wouldnt say anything bad yet. Humans make mistake... well at least I do

Old 07-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I was with besthost1.com, a Fidpac/Gunnels operation, for over 3 years. I had billing issues but those were the least of my problems with them.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Disabled

man thats too bad!

Old 07-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Retired Moderator

Just do a search her for FIDPAC, Gunnels, or super.nu her at WHT for more background information.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:41 PM

Bad Practice

Somebody who is a member of this forum spammed me and everyone else he could find that had a site hosted this group with the following message:

Your website is hosted at one of the companies managed by FIDELITY-PACIFIC, owned by STEVE GUNNELS.

Steve Gunnels is a well-known SCAMMER, just do a Google search with "Gunnel scam" for example, or look at this thread :

***********web address to a FIDPAC search in this forum************

There has been HUNDREDS of people SCAMMED by this bastard.

Some complaints have been filled at *****another web address*****, do a search for FIDPAC for example.

Tiday, the Revenge: We have hacked some of his servers (We found your websites by this way, hacking the mySQL section... You have a mySQL base there, right ?!).
We will shutdown the servers of this bastard STEVE GUNNELS, for good, in 2 weeks. That will let the time to YOU, Client, to move to another company.

To find a serious and HONNEST webhosting company, you may read at the boards at *****And another web address*****
There you will also read HUNDREDS of messages from victims of GUNNELS, BESTHOST1, SUPER.NU, FIDELITY PACIFIC, INTELLIHOSTING, ETC ETC ETC.

We lost a LOT of money with these crooks, and believe me, THEY WILL LOSE A LOT NOW !

Remember: 2 weeks.

Regards,

Steve Gunnels (!)
"I am a well-known crook"

My guess is that if the sender had the ability to do such, they would have already done it.

I am the owner of a number of domains on FIDPAC and have used them for 5 (five) years. Are they perfect? Nope. Are they good? Yup. Are they cheap? Yup. If some adolescent yahoo phuques with my site am I going do anything about it? You bet your sweet ***.

I hope that his hacking abilities are on par with his spelling abilities, in which case there is not much to worry about. However, if he does manage to stumble in and cause me any harm he will be dealt with.

Sincerely,

Russ Williams
World Wide Retro dot com

Old 07-12-2004, 04:46 PM
M*T

I suggest you make sure you have a current and valid backup in either case. Never hurts.
Glenn

Old 07-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thumbs down My own FIDPAC/GUNNELS horror story

Just wanted to add my own horror story about Steve Gunnels and FIDPAC to this list. A bit more detail can be found on my own website, but this forum won't allow me to post the URL.

Anyway, after being hosted successfully with FIDPAC for some two or three years, I decided to upgrade my hosting to one of their 'lifetime' accounts - one lifetime payment, hosting forever. To sweeten the deal and ensure he got my money, Steve Gunnels even offered to upgrade my upgrade to what he termed an 'SDS6' account, which allows me to fully host six separate domains (no domain stacking).

After transferring my three domains to the new server, they copied them straight over as stacked domains because that's what they were on the old server. Trouble is, my sites use a lot of subdomains. These subdomains worked perfectly on the old server (using .htaccess files, so I could add and delete at my leisure). The new server doesn't allow sub-domains under stacked domains, so instantly, all those websites fell over.

So I told him this and asked him to fix it. FOUR MONTHS LATER I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT TO BE FIXED!!!!

I have emailed him on average three or four times a week over those four months. He either tells me it can't be done, or tells me he will asked his tech if it can be done, or asks me what it is I want done, or completely ignores me!!! Each email I send is CC'd to four or five of his email addresses, as well as to my own (and from now on, to my lawyer). For the last three weeks I haven't even received a read receipt from him, let alone a response.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is a SCAMMER AND A CON ARTIST. I warn everyone to avoid him like the plague!!!

Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 PM

Super.Nu ain't so Super

I hope ya'll don't feel so bad having bought two or three years of hosting from Steve Gunnels, I paid for four. Each year I received a dunn notice that my site would be shut down if I didn't remit payment in very short order. I don't mind billing problems IF they do something to resolve them. The last year he never answered several emails I sent him showing payment being current through the next year. Email is the ONLY way to contact him and if he doesn't answer you are SOL. So I lost about $80 paid for that last year, but more importantly, I lost my email connection and customers thought I had gone out of business. THAT Stinks!!!

Great pricing, good transfers, lousy service, abusive billing, and a big ZERO on response to critical problems.

George

Old 01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Angry Gunnels is a thief

I've got quite a few horror stories to tell about Steve Gunnels and Fidpac too. But here's the latest - it's a doozie. And this all happened to ME. You can read about more of my hassles with him at my website.

This time, they stole money from me. No other way to put it. They stole money from me, and cannot bring themselves to pay it back.

In October, Fidpac withdrew $99 USD from my credit card. They had no right to do so. They did not have the authority to do so. It was illegal. It was theft.

When I complained to them, they told me that it was the standard annual fee for the Shared Dedicated Service (SDS) that I was receiving from them. There are two problems with that. First, my account was only 7 months old at that time, so there was no way any annual payment for anything could have been due. And secondly, the SDS package that I was using was offered to me by them FREE FOR LIFE. Yes, that's right - they had offered me this web hosting deal with a once-only-lifetime payment, and the SDS was part of the package. So I had already paid for it, for life. I would never have to pay them anything ever again.

But still they illegally withdrew $99 USD from my credit card account. And they will not pay it back.

Oh they've offered to, twice, and then failed to do it. Steve Gunnels himself said that he would deposit it back, and didn't. I suggested he send me a cheque, or a $100 bill by mail, and for reasons known only to himself he was unable to do that. He suggested he could wire it directly to my bank if I gave him my bank details. Get real Steve - you just stole $99 USD from my credit card, do you honestly think I'm going to give you my bank account details????

So here it is, three months later, and now Steve Gunnels is refusing to answer my emails again. I get no replies. No response. I complain to the FBI again, and it seems to make no difference to him. The guy is a crook, and a thief.

At all costs - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STEVE GUNNELS, FIDPAC, SUPER.NU OR ANY COMPANY ASSOCIATED WITH HIM/THEM.

I've already submitted two complaints to the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Centre. I remain hopeful that the FBI will actually do something about these crooks, as they have promised to do.

According to the domain registration details listed for hostingservicesllc, his contact details are:

Hosting Services, L.L.C.
103 Centre Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
US

And for Fidpac.com, the contact details are:

FIDPAC
15814 Champion Forest Drive
Suite 310
Spring, Texas 77379
US

Gunnels, Steve fidelity@fidpac.com
15814 Champion Forest Drive
Suite 310
Spring, Texas 77379
US
281-315-8850 Fax: 281-754-4750

Odd, isn't it? One of his companies is in Texas, another is in Delaware, and BestHost1 is in Canada!!!! This guy really doesn't want to be found!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE CROOKS!

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK Colo Firm Node4 Acquires Cloud Provider LETN Solutions Web Hosting News 2014-08-07 10:12:18
WHD.global 2014: Day 1 Web Hosting News 2014-05-12 13:48:16
Add a Second Server to Your Farm Blog 2013-07-31 14:01:05
Secure-24 Names Vice President of Client Service Delivery Web Hosting News 2013-03-07 14:16:16
OpenStack-Powered DreamHost Cloud Hosting Service DreamCompute will Compete with Amazon EC2 Web Hosting News 2012-11-12 13:50:07