hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Managed Hosting and Services : What companies Do provide professional Mangement service?

Forum Jump

What companies Do provide professional Mangement service?

Reply Post New Thread In Managed Hosting and Services Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 AM

What companies Do provide professional Mangement service?

I decided to find professional server management service and believe that there are some experienced webmasters here who are able to help me in this case.

How much does server management service cost (average price)?

The thing is that I've started working on my new project and have no time to manage my server.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Managed VPS Experts

http://www.platinumservermanagement.com/

From reading reviews on this forum, it looks like they are doing a good job down there!

- Daniel

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Community Liaison

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Temporarily Suspended

just remember the saying you get what you pay for, you pay for cheat management services that's what your going to get.

If you go with someone who provides top level management services like rackspace then your get only the best.

It depends on your what you are needing really so if your looking for top level with a good price I'll go with rackspace.

They have top level support, you can pick up the phone 24/7 and get any need taken care of.

I've been with them for years now and never had a support issue.

If you send me your contact info I'll pass it alone as I am a partner and your get a better price if I send them your contact data then you going direct.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottoBart View Post
How much does server management service cost (average price)?
Anything from $10 - $250 per month, All depends on your requirements

Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 AM
WHT Addict

I am happy using proaxxs.net server management services. they keep an eye on my server all the time (most likely 24/7). they know how to use your server and get the best performance from it.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Junior Guru

@Lottobart, what is your budget? And what CMS/Platform do you want your website to run?

Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
WHT Addict

LottoBart - do you run any control panel ?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Junior Guru

What is your average budget and also your requirements for the professional server management?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I Squash Server Problems

We regularly survey prices for server management related tasks. (In fact have a review in progress now.)

Monthly Management:
We find pricing ranging from as low as $10/mo to as high as $675/mo. The services, expertise and guarantees vary widely. So it is certainly "Buyer Beware" when outsourcing your IT management.

Make sure the services you requests are guaranteed and backed via a written Service Level Agreement. I see many firms that say they do a lot of stuff but nowhere is there a legal document requiring them to deliver it. This is often overlooked.

Hourly Rates
Hourly rates varied from as low as $19/hr to as high as $500/hr. At the low end, you are mostly getting simple point and click type setup services. At the high end, you are getting emergency support in a niche area, such as DDoS mitigation, emergency MySQL support, etc. In the US, there is the budget camp at $75/hr or less with the next pricing break around $125/hr. The more specialized you get the more expensive it becomes. CTO, advanced DBA, BDR type consulting is typically >$200/hr.

There's not audio, but here's a talk I gave at Hostingcon some time ago.
http://www.slideshare.net/rackaid/ho...ver-management

I recommend you think strategically about your IT management partner. Since there is no standard for what constitutes server management, it can be challenging to differentiate service offerings without a lot of effort. This is a key failure in managed services industry.

Also don't be fulled by long list of stuff they do at enrollment. Most of it is standard practice at best and at worst adds no value to your services.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Web Hosting Master

SmartServerManagement gets my vote. They fixed an issue that PlatinumServerManagement wouldn't or couldn't (guessing wouldn't due to what they charge). But then SmartServerManagement do charge slightly more. So I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
So I guess you really do get what you pay for.
Correct its the same with everything in life and the server management side of things is certainly no different

Old 05-04-2012, 09:18 AM

I am thankful for your inputs, dudes.
I've already chosen proaxxs.net managed services and fully-satisfied.
Here is my experience with them: Review

I am pleased to find them.