hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Programming Discussion : Problem with htaccess

Forum Jump

Problem with htaccess

Reply Post New Thread In Programming Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Problem with htaccess

Hi guys ,
I'm running a wordpress website . I use two index files . one is index.html and the other is index.php . As you know when there are two index files , if you open your site.com , by default index.html loads . I want to redirect index.html to index.php after it loaded . I mean I want index.html to load first and then redirects to index.php . how can I do this ?

Sponsored Links
Old
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermovie View Post
Hi guys ,
I'm running a wordpress website . I use two index files . one is index.html and the other is index.php . As you know when there are two index files , if you open your site.com , by default index.html loads . I want to redirect index.html to index.php after it loaded . I mean I want index.html to load first and then redirects to index.php . how can I do this ?
Code:
cPanel > Domains > Redirects

Old

thanks for the answer , but it does not work . It stays on index.html and doesn't redirect to index.php

Sponsored Links
Old
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermovie View Post
thanks for the answer , but it does not work . It stays on index.html and doesn't redirect to index.php
It isn't possible, exactly how would you expect this to work?
How can a single browser window go to two pages at the same time?

Old

3.pfilm14.ir open this site . it opens an html page that says loading... and after that it moves to the real wordpress site . I want the same

Old
Temporarily Suspended

You can try something like this:
Code:
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
    if (document.documentElement) {
        document.documentElement.className = 'loading';
    }
</script>
</head>
Stick that in your <head> tag, then add some CSS to hide everything on the page except for your loading animation. For example:

Code:
.loading > body > * {
    display:none;
}
.loading body {
    background:#fff url(../images/loading.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%;
}
Then add some JavaScript to clear the html tag's class name when the page has finished loading:

Code:
// Using jQuery
$(document).ready(function() {
    $(document.documentElement).removeClass('loading');
});
Hope this helps. /Source from oxley.

Old

Thank you I will try them , let you know if they worked

Old

Rather than using .htaccess you could use a meta refresh to instantly redirect the browser. This way index.html could be loaded and then redirected immediately to index.php.

Add something like this to the <head> section of index.html:

Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL='http://www.example.com/index.php'" />

Old

Use the below code in .htaccess so that index.html loads first
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
Once you are in index.html, there are many ways to redirect to index.php. Once method will be using javascipt to redirect. you can use 'window.location' to accomplish this.

Cheers!

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I'm not really sure why you would want to delay loading your index.php file by going to an index.html splash page with auto redirect to the index.php, but you may have your reason.

You can do the meta redirect in the index.html page and have it show your loading text or icon on a delay, say 5 seconds.

Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5;URL=the-other-page.html">
Or, if you simply want the index.php to display before the index.html, then set the following code in your .htaccess file:

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
This makes the webserver look for the index.php file first, and then index.html if it the php file is not present.

Old

use the meta refresh as indicated above, but it would help if you said why you want this to happen?

Old
WHT Addict

Why don't you just delete the index.html reference if your ultimate goal is to load the index.php file? From my standpoint, I don't see why you want to load the index.html if it isn't where you want the browser to end up.