hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Design and Content : Website Platform

Forum Jump

Website Platform

Reply Post New Thread In Web Design and Content Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 02:23 AM
WHT Addict

Website Platform

HI friends,

I am planning a new site for domain name and host resellers.

I need a suggestion on the best platform.

Joomla, Wordpress, pure html or what?

Hope to hear from you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 04:19 AM
Premium Member

Personally i'd suggest .html without a backend system as I prefer to update things manually however if you're looking for something simplistic i'd suggest Wordpress as I have heard good things.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Community Liaison 2.0

Moved > Web Design and Content

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Wordpress defenetly

Old 07-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Temporarily Suspended

According to me Joomla is best for website designing platform. their server work best and this is reliable for me.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Temporarily Suspended

HTML + WHMCS (Integration) Defenetly.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Temporarily Suspended

i have suggest for you Wordpress. Wordpress is SEO friendly plat form. wordpress is best to gain SERP

Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 AM
WHT Addict

Alright, alot of people suggested wordpress, but how do I need to get a quality theme. And how possible is this?

Old 07-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Depending on your budget you can buy it on themechilly, themeforest or template monster. However if you dont have any money you can download some free theme any customize it as you wish.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okoji View Post
HI friends,

I am planning a new site for domain name and host resellers.

I need a suggestion on the best platform.

Joomla, Wordpress, pure html or what?

Hope to hear from you.
Hello,

I think wordpress is the best CMS to design a webiste. Because its user-friendly as well as SEO friendly platform. Also, It's very easy to use and understand. It will help to gain SERP. Its templates are attractive. So, I would like to suggest you wordpress for web design. Thanks

Old 08-01-2014, 07:51 AM

I suggest WordPress because blog and simple product website become more seo friendly and we can modify page links, post links as per the date and category wise, We can easily add meta data to all pages and posts, we can append .php or .html at the end of url.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I've used both Wordpress and pure HTML, and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I would opt for pure HTML if you're going to create a website for resellers etc. It reduces the risk of being hacked, and reduces the amount of bad bots. I know from experience that Wordpress is a haven for bots that will try and get into your /wp-admin/ directory.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

If you do not need any bells and whistles, or need simple ones you can code, then go with no CMS and do HTML with sporadic php, javascript, etc as needed. Light, fast, easy to maintain if done right.

If you need more complex features that you do not want to, or cannot code, then go with WordPress.

I work with WP, Joomla, Drupal, and WP is way easier to deal with for the most part. There are many themes out there both free and paid on websites like themeforest. Also, it is very easy to find someone to create a custom theme if you want one.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Temporarily Suspended

.html is the way to go mate, get good template and integrate it with whmcs

Old 08-02-2014, 06:42 PM

The easiest solution (Wordpress) doesn't always mean the best. Especially if you intend to just install Wordpress and let it live without performing upgrades. This always leads to a disaster - your Wordpress being hacked by bots that exploit security holes.

I see no reason to use Wordpress these days - there are powerful static site generators like Jekyll or Middleman, and a lot of open source themes for Bootstrap at StartBootstrap.com. You develop a website like a pro, with asset pipeline and CoffeeScript, and get raw HTMLs on the output. You don't even need a PHP or SQL database to run it.