Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just recently got hit by a DDoS, with the free DDos Protection

I noticed during the Mitigation (SeviŽ) the server goes offline and blocks all connections Might as well call it nullroute.

Also during the "Nullroute" or SeviŽ Mitigation Ping is accessible however everything else isn't.
    Support claims during Mitigation all UDP traffic is blocked. But that doesn't explain why SSH and other TCP service's are down except ICMP

Does anybody have the upgraded Arbor from them? if so does it do well against Spoofed/Amplified Chargen attacks

Based on my experience the free antiddos protection causes more harm then good.

As for arbor I got a few very high end servers there behind arbor (with arbor panel access) but we added it just to have it... not receiving any attack for the moment.

For chargen attacks I suggest you to host somewhere where they have massive networks and can add custom ACL to their core routers (try to ask www.nforce.com for example)
    Last edited by EvolutionCrazy; 05-18-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCrazy View Post
    Based on my experience the free antiddos protection causes more harm then good.

As for arbor I got a few very high end servers there behind arbor (with arbor panel access) but we added it just to have it... not receiving any attack for the moment.

For chargen attacks I suggest you to host somewhere where they have massive networks and can add custom ACL to their core routers (try to ask www.nforce.com for example)
    I want to stay with online.net, let me know if you ever get a DDoS attack and let me know if arbor fix's the problem of DDoS

Quote Originally Posted by mcaynoz View Post
    Just recently got hit by a DDoS, with the free DDos Protection

I noticed during the Mitigation (SeviŽ) the server goes offline and blocks all connections Might as well call it nullroute.

Also during the "Nullroute" or SeviŽ Mitigation Ping is accessible however everything else isn't.
    Support claims during Mitigation all UDP traffic is blocked. But that doesn't explain why SSH and other TCP service's are down except ICMP
    How long did the nullroute take in your case?
    I had a completely unexplainable downtime of my website with a duration of exactly 30mins. The server was pingable, but neither I nor visitors could reach it. I have never been DDoS'ed before (knock on wood) but could that have been their "DDoS Protection" going a bit crazy? Everything came back to normal by itself after those 30mins. I do not believe that it was a network problem. The server was pingable from different locations all of the time. It also has not been rebooted. Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Amitz View Post
    How long did the nullroute take in your case?
    I had a completely unexplainable downtime of my website with a duration of exactly 30mins. The server was pingable, but neither I nor visitors could reach it. I have never been DDoS'ed before (knock on wood) but could that have been their "DDoS Protection" going a bit crazy? Everything came back to normal by itself after those 30mins. I do not believe that it was a network problem. The server was pingable from different locations all of the time. It also has not been rebooted. Very strange.
    The null is dependant on the size of the attack a 3Gbps attack will be a 1 hour a 8Gbps will be 5 hours

I'm under attack again and Sevi is useless and nullroutes all UDP traffic which makes my server useless because TCP services such as SSH are down.

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-s...-arbor#pricing

Near the bottom. It says there is a contact is there really one?

when signing the contract for the ddos protection you agree to never talk to anybody about the protection... I think you will never see a review... be it positive or negative... we are just not allowed to talk about it...

by the way... both arbor protections requires professional use on the server (that's another +150eur)

when signing the contract for the ddos protection you agree to never talk to anybody about the protection... I think you will never see a review... be it positive or negative... we are just not allowed to talk about it...

by the way... both arbor protections requires professional use on the server (that's another +150eur)
    So I can't use it on like their 9 euro server

Quote Originally Posted by mcaynoz View Post
    So I can't use it on like their 9 euro server
    sure you can.

Just order the 9eur server, then add "critical service level" (150eur) and then add ddos curative (70eur)

Theorically you could get arbor too with "business service level" (20eur) + ddos curative (20eur) but that's not an always on protection....

sure you can.

Just order the 9eur server, then add "critical service level" (150eur) and then add ddos curative (70eur)

Theorically you could get arbor too with "business service level" (20eur) + ddos curative (20eur) but that's not an always on protection....
    States continuous service
    http://i.imgur.com/oJeF41K.png

continuos services means they keep your services running even while under ddos ... but there's a delay for sure between detection and injection .... only the 150+70 one in fact has "none" ddos impact

continuos services means they keep your services running even while under ddos ... but there's a delay for sure between detection and injection .... only the 150+70 one in fact has "none" ddos impact
    Do you have online.net?

yes...

I own and manage many servers there

Anyways is the Advanced protection going to nullroute you after an attack like the basic protection?

You need to try it out, or ask your server administrator to enlight you or help you set it up

Personally if you are low on budget I would prefer OVH to online.net

Sevi anti ddos is advise for web configuration and basic configuration.

If you have a configuration server more important, you could use arbor network to mitigate your attack.

The advanced protections has an automatic ddos attack detection and delete all malixious traffic.

This solution allow you to block the majority of your attacks while having access to your server.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo_Onlinenet View Post
    Sevi anti ddos is advise for web configuration and basic configuration.

If you have a configuration server more important, you could use arbor network to mitigate your attack.

The advanced protections has an automatic ddos attack detection and delete all malixious traffic.

This solution allow you to block the majority of your attacks while having access to your server.
    a chargen reflected (deny udp traffic with src port 19) and a ntp reflected (deny udp traffic with src port 123) should be the basic in any kind of protection... call it sevi, arbor or whatever you like.

Looks like it's not the case for the "free" online.net protection.

OVH free one instead is oustanding in blocking malicious traffic while allowing ssh access and udp services to keep working properly

a chargen reflected (deny udp traffic with src port 19) and a ntp reflected (deny udp traffic with src port 123) should be the basic in any kind of protection... call it sevi, arbor or whatever you like.

Looks like it's not the case for the "free" online.net protection.

OVH free one instead is oustanding in blocking malicious traffic while allowing ssh access and udp services to keep working properly
    +1 , evolution is right. Its happened to me as well.

Hello,
    Since Monday, we have an UDP protection on standard level (the included free protection). Before we only protected TCP because the goal of this free protection is to protect web hosting business, not game services.
    It should be ok right now

Quote Originally Posted by online_net View Post
    Hello,
    Since Monday, we have an UDP protection on standard level (the included free protection). Before we only protected TCP because the goal of this free protection is to protect web hosting business, not game services.
    It should be ok right now
    Online.net is the best company I tried so far thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12