Looking for Web Hosting

Hi,

I have windows VPN server with Godaddy but it is expensive and looking to switch.

My application is built in Java.

Requirements:
    APACHE Tom Cat
    10 GB
    High Bandwidth
    Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by taranum View Post
    Hi,

I have windows VPN server with Godaddy but it is expensive and looking to switch.

My application is built in Java.

Requirements:
    APACHE Tom Cat
    10 GB
    High Bandwidth
    Dedicated
    Look in the Dedicated or VPS server offer section. You will find tons of deals there much cheaper than GoDaddy.
    Hussain Baig - 1-866-954-6747
    Toronto based VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation
    VPS Fusion - Providing scalable and reliable hosting solutions.

i think hostgator's fast and perfect.

<<snipped>>

Those are terrible shared hosts, and VPS is a "me too" product there. Bad advice!
    Last edited by Postbox; 03-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Do you need a windows vps? Tomcat will run on Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by SDS-Michael View Post
    Do you need a windows vps? Tomcat will run on Linux.
    I need Windows VPS.

What about Amazon Web Services?
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

I'd stay away from hostgator if I was you. Amazon Web Services might be able to set you up with what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by xrampage16 View Post
    I'd stay away from hostgator if I was you. Amazon Web Services might be able to set you up with what you are looking for.
    Our team also recommended Amazon but isn't it expensive?

It all depends. They are going to be cheaper than Rackspace, and better than going with someone like hostgator or godaddy.com

Arvixe is also a good option. You can go through there website. I have been with Arvixe for few months and experienced good server speed and support.

I would recommend you to consider a fully managed dedicated server from a good web hosting company who can assist you with everything.

Honestly just check out the offer section your bound to find a good deal with a good company. Research and then research more this will be your best move to find a company you can be happy with for time to come.

I think Hostgator is perfect

I have windows VPN server with Godaddy but it is expensive and looking to switch. Amazon Web Services might be able to set you up with what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by kristahiles View Post
    Go daddy is the best, how far i know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlilx View Post
    I think Hostgator is perfect
    What is it with the newbies spamming unpopular hosts?
    In the case of EIG (HostGator), terrible hosts! Bad advice!
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

He is probably is HG Agent posting on their behalf.

I am about to leave HG...I will surely pay more to be on my VPS, but I think it will be better in the end
    to be free, and not be tied to HG with stuff like "whats going on with my account this time" or continued resource limitations.

Go with HG - You will need more then one beer to get you through....

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    What is it with the newbies spamming unpopular hosts?
    In the case of EIG (HostGator), terrible hosts! Bad advice!

Quote Originally Posted by vpsfusion View Post
    Look in the Dedicated or VPS server offer section. You will find tons of deals there much cheaper than GoDaddy.
    I certainly agree with this. Even I personally do not prefer GoDaddy as I feel that the deals are overpriced there.

I thought it was funny how many positive HG posts are in this thread... suspicious!

offer section is for you. Check the provider reputation in other posts on this forum and also consider if location (latency) is important to you, and if so where the provider can supply your service.

Azure

We use both Amazon and MS Azure for our windows VPS hosting. Costs come down to $50 / m on both systems, including bandwidth, storage, etc.

BUT :

The machines on Azure work much better than those on Amazon.
    Azure uses Hyper-V
    Amazon uses Citrix/Xenserver and the machines are not PV but HVM mode (last we checked)

We see a very noticeable difference, and recommend Azure.

Quote Originally Posted by hostvet1 View Post
    We use both Amazon and MS Azure for our windows VPS hosting. Costs come down to $50 / m on both systems, including bandwidth, storage, etc.

BUT :

The machines on Azure work much better than those on Amazon.
    Azure uses Hyper-V
    Amazon uses Citrix/Xenserver and the machines are not PV but HVM mode (last we checked)

We see a very noticeable difference, and recommend Azure.
    Azure has significantly better IO performance compared to AWS, at least according to our tests. And since storage IO is very important for a VPS maybe that's why you are seeing differences between them.

Of course AWS recently introduced SSD based instances so that would be something else. But that is available only for large instances, not for the smaller ones.
    ZerOne Hosting
    The experts on Windows VPS Services

Yep. We ran our own tests too, geared towards our apps... so I can't say our view isn't biased.

SSD might help. But I think Amazon already uses SSD.

On our amazon linux VMs, the local ephemeral drive (xvdb) shows a hefty 566 MB/s with hdparm... either some crazy RAID striping, or most likely SSD in action.

Quote Originally Posted by hostvet1 View Post
    Yep. We ran our own tests too, geared towards our apps... so I can't say our view isn't biased.

SSD might help. But I think Amazon already uses SSD.

On our amazon linux VMs, the local ephemeral drive (xvdb) shows a hefty 566 MB/s with hdparm... either some crazy RAID striping, or most likely SSD in action.
    I don't think they do on their lower end instances. The 566 MB/s would be typical for a SAN for sequential transfers, but their random IO is not as good.

On the other hand it's been a few months since I tried an AWS instance so things might have changed.
    ZerOne Hosting
    The experts on Windows VPS Services