Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AHFBWEB View Post
    The bottom line is that you could have just as easily done what he did to get it sorted. Somebody with a more mature business sense would have seen that as an opportunity to provide a positive customer experience.

The way you have handled it is the way a less mature, less business/customer oriented person would have been expected to handle it. If your goal is to be looked upon as this, you were yet again a success.
    If the goal is to be looked upon as the person with a more mature business sense, you would quit defending yourself and man up to your shortcoming.
    Unless it is for a charitable organization or charitable cause, we do not believe in providing free products or services unless it is for compensation for an error that we have made.

I believe that there is nothing in this incident that warrants for us to provide this client with a free SSL certificate, and therefore he did not receive one. If our upstream provider were to tell us "You can provide all of your customers with a money back guarantee for SSL certificates", then we would gladly pass that down to our customers. However though, that is not the case. We would be losing money if we did this for every client without receiving a benefit from our upstream SSL provider.

The RapidSSL certificate this client purchased (for less than $6) was already sold at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    We would be losing money if we did this for every client without receiving a benefit.
    Isn't making your customers happy a benefit?

All this fuss over an SSL which was a general mistake

I will contact our upstream SSL provider and ask for a definite answer about the policy for cancelling and recreating certs within a certain period for resold certificates.

Hopefully the answer will be that they'll allow us to do so which would allow us to pass the benefit on to our clients. If they aren't allowing us to (which is what we initially assumed before the posting of this thread), then we unfortunately can't do it because these kinds of mistakes add up. If the answer they provide us is No then we'll make it more clear in the SSL signup process for our clients.

Perhaps this would also be an appropriate time to educate the customer about SAN (Subject Alternative Name) extensions, so that all they need to provide is the domain itself, then you can add www. as a SAN in the CSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    I have nothing against GVH too. But by reading this thread, i see GVH as "cunning", by repeatedly trying to show the public that Nick couldn't even handle SSL when himself is a hosting provider. Not sure if this is some form of attacks? Just my opinion as a bystander, no means of attacking anyone or siding anyone. And GVH could have and should have handled this better. I am sure everyone dislike being left helpless.
    Quote Originally Posted by manhalab View Post
    I have noting personal or anything else against GVH just a concerned fellow customer who could have been in the same situation and would be very disappointment with the way the issue was handled.

Sorry to read about CBH-Nick's issue.

Basically what GVH is trying to do is to show the people reading the thread that after all this discussion the mistake was at CBH-Nick's end. Looks like a strategy to show positive side of GVH for the sake of reviews. bcos people come to WHT for checking of hosting provider reviews and CBH-Nicks Thread title is vary catching.

But as CBH-Nick and other users have pointed out, if they wanted they could have provided a better situation for their own client.

Well in the end they failed to provide customer satisfaction. So what ever GVH says it a bad mark.

What's the average now. Out of 30 reviews, 29.5 are bad. Out of 40, 39.5 are bad.

My gosh. Signatures and ability to advertise should be suspended. It's not personal...just a professional view on the ongoing situation. Fix it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post

What's the average now. Out of 30 reviews, 29.5 are bad. Out of 40, 39.5 are bad.

My gosh. Signatures and ability to advertise should be suspended. It's not personal...just a professional view on the ongoing situation. Fix it!!
    You're making up fake statistics that you know are completely false because you have a personal issue against all unlimited hosting providers. You bash unlimited hosting providers blindly without thinking and I think that's something you need to change. If you search around these forums, you'll find that we have a lot of happy customers and we are a frequently recommended hosting provider.
    Last edited by GreenValueHostGM; 02-08-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    You're making up fake statistics that you know are completely false because you have a personal issue against all unlimited hosting providers. You bash unlimited hosting providers blindly without thinking and I think that's something you need to change. If you search around these forums, you'll find that we have a lot of happy customers and we are a frequently recommended hosting provider.
    1. Fake stats. Prove me wrong. Prove to me that the multiple media circus threads complaining about your company are fake.

2. Again...nothing to do with unlimited. If that were the only issue it wouldn't be an issue.

3. Blindly...no. I'm a designer and a host. Any host I spoke bad of I dealt with personally and listed my reasons as to why I or my clients didn't like them.

4. Experience. As with #3, I saw an issue and created my own improved resources. Many customers and clients are coming close to 7 years....are you able to say this giving the time of putting out all these fires all over the place. It's even worse on the other forum.

5. Again, I chatted with Jon many many times and told him what he needed to do to avoid all of this....a year ago, while he was also seeking advice. I guess all of that went out the window, which basically means it was a waste of time.

Just as I said in one of your many other threads...your good reviews are going to look suspect. Hate on me, hate my actions, hate my words, but all the bad press is your "company's" doing. Nothing to do with me. Many others are sitting back and watching the train-wreck. Shall you get upset with them too?

How about comparing your company to RamNode.

I was extremely close to purchasing a few reseller accounts with GVH.... But every time I read a post from them I get turned off..... I'd hate for him to handle my tickets the way he handles threads on WHT. Good gracious... GVH needs to work on their communication and client relation skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12