Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mfpa View Post
    This rings alarm bells to me. There is no legitimate reason to require photographic ID because they cannot see the customer to compare with the photograph on the document.
    Where do you get that silly idea from? Every time I've ever had to deal with a company, one of the core requirements is that one form of ID must be photographic. This is because if the authorities come knocking, then they need at least one photographic ID of the customer in order to prove they know who they are dealing with - presumably this is because photographic ID proves that the customer has in fact been verified by a reputable government source (and the requirement to provide 1-2 other forms of ID is to confirm that the customer has multiple IDs with the same name, providing a high likelihood that the customer is legitimate. Enough to satisfy regulators anyway).

This is absolutely NOT an illegitimate requirement. It's even a legal requirement.

I heard a little bit about them and there were only negative reviews...

Entropay have been fine for me, I had a problem paying with something once via eBay, I actually loaded up the virtual card but PayPal takes a small fee of it, so I was something like £3.00 short of the balance I needed to pay via the virtual card. So I did a faster payment for the seller via my bank and i ended up losing £100.

It's not that the seller wasn't trusted either, ~200 feedback and he wasn't bothered either way he just pocketed a easy £100 and there was nothing I could do about it.

/stupid-moment

Angry Entropay Reputable Company or Not?

Hello guys new to this forum
    I was google " Entropay Complaint " and "Entropay scammer " and lead me to this forum. so sorry if I bring this old thread up again since i dont know where the right place to ask

I have doubt with their service which lead me to dissapointment, they just disabled my feature in my account to create virtual cards with non sense abuse reason bla bla bla which I had NEVER done . after all this 4 years I became their user even im not afraid they can monitor my acc themself.
    But at same time they're still let my fund being taken from my credit card to do top-up balance , they do not disable this feature and just info me that the virtual card feature in my acc are disabled after the fund is succeeded taken from my card ??
    I havent get any more answer when I asked about withdraw my balance
    Since i can not use entropay features anymore, then what is the point they let me do top up balance my entropay card?

Please share if anyone have experiences with them.
    Thanks for the assistance

Me too....

I can totally relate with you.

Last week I got an e-mail from Entropay telling me to "verify" my account details. I sent them all the documentation they asked for and still my account has not been reactivated yet (no answer so far).

I honestly do not know what to do. I am tempted to sue them, as they refuse to give me my money back, but I am afraid it will not be worth the effort, as I guess it will take a lot of time and money.

For the love of God I swear I will NEVER use their website again, and I will advise all of my friends to do so.

If anybody has had similar experiences please share, and if anyone knows how to get our money back from this scam website please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaM84 View Post
    if anyone knows how to get our money back from this scam website please let us know.
    Assuming they are not willing to cooperate with you, complain to MFSA and/or FSC.

If that doesn't work - chargeback.

Entro pay is great

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Assuming they are not willing to cooperate with you, complain to MFSA and/or FSC.

If that doesn't work - chargeback.
    Yes, thanks for the advice, chargeback is what I am trying to do right now. I hope I am still in time to do that.

Then I am going to close that damn Entropay account for good.

Quote Originally Posted by cmr1290 View Post
    Entro pay is great
    Sure, until they lock you out of your account and you will say bye bye to your money.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaM84 View Post
    Sure, until they lock you out of your account and you will say bye bye to your money.
    So, just to wrap up this conversation, after quite a few copy&paste answers from the Entropay helpdesk (sometimes I thought I was talking to a bot), I was able to get my account unblocked.

I immediately withdrew all my money from the account and told them that they can close it now.

Just for the sake of the discussion, I now use a Paypal account to buy online. In theory I could resume using the Entropay account now that it got unblocked but I do not trust them anymore.

I do not know if/when they will block it again claiming some ongoing "security control" (and, FFS, I just had 80 euro in the account, what did they think? That I was trying to do some money laundering or some illegal smuggling? I mean, come on guys, we are talking about 80 euros, not 800000!!!!), and if I will be able to get it unblocked again.

Hope this message will help someone make the right decision in the future.

How can one close the entropay account

Entropay has blocked me totally from using the account and this is currently happening. I wrote them the email below and have not gotten any response from them.

Dear Customer Support,

After suspending my account with reasons not clear to me, Entropay has decided to deduct the only money left in the account. I believe The account can now be permanently closed.

Therefore, I officially write to cancel my account as I have been restricted so many times from using it. It is clearly stated on your platform that I cannot top up or make transfers, so it is useless to me.

Please close my Entropay account and do send me a confirmation by email that it has been done as I will not entertain any useless charges of dormant account as I cannot even use the account from your new policies and delete all my details from your archive.

Thank you.

No response till now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12