Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocWeb View Post
    OVH does not offer colocation and Netelligent has been a good provider.
    What have you done to become more resilient to DDoS attacks since your last multi-day outage? What if, say, a 50Gbps one were to hit you in 8 hours time?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    What have you done to become more resilient to DDoS attacks since your last multi-day outage? What if, say, a 50Gbps one were to hit you in 8 hours time?
    Every day since the last attack, we have been working with our datacenter to implement BlackLotus' network protection. When it is completed, clients will be notified. I will not be going into further details in public until it has been completed.
      0 Not allowed!

Every day since the last attack, we have been working with our datacenter to implement BlackLotus' network protection. When it is completed, clients will be notified. I will not be going into further details in public until it has been completed.
    Should look at CNServers or Staminus DDoS Protection.

Latency will be sub 40-50ms from BlackLotus to the Provider you use in Canada.
      0 Not allowed!

You're going to back haul traffic from LA to Canada...?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven F View Post
    Staminus would be the best Option to Haul the traffic to Canada. as they have a Mitigation PoP in NewYork. but I'm seeing 20ms from BHS-OVH to netelligent so it would have maybe sub 30-35 ms latency.
      0 Not allowed!

I guess it's either a slightly higher response time for their clients, or the possibility of another 48 hour down time. I think I know what I'd rather out of them!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    I guess it's either a slightly higher response time for their clients, or the possibility of another 48 hour down time. I think I know what I'd rather out of them!
    At that point, it wouldn't make sense. If a client comes from EU, they'll go from NYC to LA instead of to Canada. It could easily double or triple latency, which adversely affects clients.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like they had a power outage, here is Netelligent's response for people interested:

This is to inform you of the current status of today's outage. Our preliminary investigation indicates that there was a general power failure at one of our remote third-party sites; Cologix3 1250RL.

Bell technicians are currently working on bringing back up their fiber connections.

Our Emergency Response team is working on restoring connectivity to the section of our cloud at that site.

All other services have been brought back up and our technicians are continuing to ensure that all services are restored.

If your services have not yet been restored, please reply to this email and we will continue to keep you informed.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceci est pour vous informer de l'état actuel de la panne d'aujourd'hui. Notre enquęte préliminaire indique qu'il y a eu une panne de courant générale ŕ l'un de nos sites tiers parties; Cologix 3 1250 RL.

Les techniciens de Bell travaillent actuellement sur leurs connexions fibres.

Notre équipe d'intervention d'urgence travaille pour restaurer la connectivité de toutes nos machines virtuelles.

Tous les autres services ont été reactivés et nos techniciens continuent ŕ veiller ŕ ce que tous les services soient restaurés.

Si votre service n'a pas encore été restauré d'ici une heure, s'il vous plaît répondre ŕ ce message et nous continuerons ŕ vous tenir informés.

Nous nous excusons pour cet inconvenient et vous remercions pour votre patience et votre compréhension.
      0 Not allowed!

Dear fellow WHT members,

Reestablishing the facts:

Today a major power outage happened in the IBM tower of Montreal which hosts the carrier hotel of our region. (which is the equivalent of having 151 Front St. going down)

Netelligent data center did not go down only some traffic that was passing through international carriers located at 1250 Rene-Levesque W. in the Cologix3 carrier hotel facility. Local transit going through Bell or other local carriers was not affected.

We apologize for the inconvenience
      0 Not allowed!

It's good to see the topic solution

Crocweb Company, please continue to work as they are doing and have prepared defense systems against DDoS attack.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Max_01010 View Post
    Dear fellow WHT members,

Today a major power outage happened in the IBM tower of Montreal which hosts the carrier hotel of our region. (which is the equivalent of having 151 Front St. going down)

Netelligent data center did not go down only some traffic that was passing through international carriers located at 1250 Rene-Levesque W. in the Cologix3 carrier hotel facility. Local transit going through Bell or other local carriers was not affected.

Awesome, thanks for that.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Max_01010 View Post
    Dear fellow WHT members,

Thank you for the update Maxime.
    Last edited by CrocWeb Cloud; 01-25-2014 at 04:59 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

At that point, it wouldn't make sense. If a client comes from EU, they'll go from NYC to LA instead of to Canada. It could easily double or triple latency, which adversely affects clients.
    Well,
    It likely won't triple, probably won't double.
    Its only inbound traffic. Latency is two directions in and out. It will only increase the IN latency, since OUT is netelligent network still.
    Several of our customers utilize Blacklotus with locations on the east coast and there hasn't been mind blowing increases in latency.

Now if it was a full proxy, then yes, there would be double the latency as all traffic in/out would flow from LAX.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Well,
    It likely won't triple, probably won't double.
    Its only inbound traffic. Latency is two directions in and out. It will only increase the IN latency, since OUT is netelligent network still.
    Several of our customers utilize Blacklotus with locations on the east coast and there hasn't been mind blowing increases in latency.

Now if it was a full proxy, then yes, there would be double the latency as all traffic in/out would flow from LAX.
    Thanks Steven. Only ingress traffic will be carried over, latency overhead should be minimum.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12