Professional or Unprofessional Conduct (?)

I'm not sure where this thread can fit in and hence I'm posting it here, @Moderators, feel free to move this thread to the appropriate place.

This is what I think Professionalism should be, from a customer's point of view.

@Nick A
    As it appear to me, you have not learned anything from your past experience and keep on making the same mistake again and again;

Quote Originally Posted by Nick A View Post
    I am not usually friendly with people who abuse our services to the degree that client did and who then immediately run to WHT in an attempt to tarnish our good name here.
    The degree of professionalism is best judged when confronting problematic customers and your statement here shows directly how unprofessional you are.

HRR1963's experience is the norm because he and 99% of our clients do not fit that description. There are many more clients like him who have posted here and elsewhere in the same vein. You don't have to believe him or the others, but you would certainly have a more balanced view of our service if you factored those testimonies in.
    I'm not even sure what is so special here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but having good relationship with non-problematic customers are a no brainer. It's your relationship with problematic customers that matters in any judgement because only there your level of professionalism can be determined.

It's your right to judge us based on one miserable thread if you want. I have defended myself repeatedly. I am removing my subscription of this thread so as not to derail it further.
    Thank you for acknowledging my right, it give me a piece of mind that no legal threat will befall upon me for simply criticizing your conduct.

Maybe sometime this year we'll jump into cloud hosting.
    All the best for Ramnode.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by noobs View Post
    I'm not sure where this thread can fit in and hence I'm posting it here, @Moderators, feel free to move this thread to the appropriate place.
    Not sure where that would be, TBH, since you're presumably not a Ramnode client and so cannot review their service. I'll leave it to others to decide.

To me, Nick comes across like a typical Aussie - straight talking, no BS (which is also not unusual for techie types). So maybe it's because I'm accustomed to Australians but I see nothing unprofessional in his posts, even the ones you've cherry-picked there. If you have don't like his attitude, don't use Ramnode - problem solved.

All the best for Ramnode.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter
      0 Not allowed!

Although customer focus is important, this thread isn't about that and is aiming at an individual, seemingly with a motive to harm I don't know, and I don't know why when he/she's not used said services, so I vote delete - I don't see why the OP is dragging up old (closed) posts to do this.

As humans we can all slip, and there's been no scams, no insults and there's basically no grounds for such a thread - when there are genuinely bad providers on here to target fairly.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Not sure where that would be, TBH, since you're presumably not a Ramnode client and so cannot review their service. I'll leave it to others to decide.
    I'm not reviewing Ramnode service, I'm reviewing the conduct of its representative here.

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    To me, Nick comes across like a typical Aussie - straight talking, no BS (which is also not unusual for techie types). So maybe it's because I'm accustomed to Australians but I see nothing unprofessional in his posts, even the ones you've cherry-picked there. If you have don't like his attitude, don't use Ramnode - problem solved.
    Which part that I cherry picked that changed the meaning of the statement?
    Please do point out clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by iexo View Post
    Although customer focus is important, this thread isn't about that and is aiming at an individual, seemingly with a motive to harm I don't know, and I don't know why when he/she's not used said services, so I vote delete - I don't see why the OP is dragging up old (closed) posts to do this.

As humans we can all slip, and there's been no scams, no insults and there's basically no grounds for such a thread - when there are genuinely bad providers on here to target fairly.
    From a corporate perspective, I can understand your reasoning.
    However, I'm not a corporation, I am an end user customer in this industry.
      0 Not allowed!

I really didn't see anything wrong with what was said. I did find the core limit to be more confusing/possibly misleading then it had to be though.

May have been a little blunt but you should go and read burstnets posts. Will make Nick look like an angel haha.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    I really didn't see anything wrong with what was said. I did find the core limit to be more confusing/possibly misleading then it had to be though.
    Nothing wrong in anything he said as an individual nor I would care for it. I have nothing personal against him or anyone here. What rubbed me the wrong way was because he said so in the capacity of a corporate representative and I was appalled that no one corrected his conduct. There's no need to nurture corporations having such behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    May have been a little blunt but you should go and read burstnets posts. Will make Nick look like an angel haha.
    Must have missed that one.
    A link would be nice.
      0 Not allowed!

I've dealt with Nick many times and seen how he deals with regular and disaster situations......A1+

I've dealt with individuals that as Alfred from Dark Knight would describe to Bruce "Some people have no end game and just enjoy watching the world burn".

As a company owner, you strive to make everyone like you and do the best you can. The reality...you can't please everyone...it happens...BUT there are going to be cases where someone WILL challenge you or your company and cases where you HAVE to step in and take the gloves off.

In such situations, fighting fire with logical fire is the one way of ending an unyielding resolve.

This thread has already violated one of WHT's rules as mentioned.

Then the other issue....are you bored looking to fight someone for no reason? The age of people starting online drama from situations that never existed. Attacking someone's views that have built a following, just to create a gossip site type of drama to gain popularity from the other persons fan-base?

What is your overall goal in attacking Nick?

Why have you only taking quotes where he's protecting his company and completely overlooked anything positive he's done.

***** Countdown to this being closed due to non-sense. Engage **************
      0 Not allowed!

That sums up my thoughts pretty well. This thread is simply an unwarranted personal attack. You don't cherry-pick quotes from other threads like this and then pretend like you have some nobler purpose.

noobs - It's time for you to move on. Don't buy a VPS from me if you don't like me. No one is going to hold that against you. I am not going to be goaded into resurrecting the same dead horse for a third time. You didn't get what you wanted in the first two threads, which people were content to leave alone, so now you're trying again. Unfortunately you won't be satisfied here either.

foobic - I'm an American but I think you accurately described my statements as no BS
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com
      0 Not allowed!

This thread is simply an unwarranted personal attack.
    Please point out specifically where I attacked you personally and not as corporate representative.

You don't cherry-pick quotes from other threads like this and then pretend like you have some nobler purpose.
    Please point out where I cherry picked your quote that change the meaning of the statement.

foobic - I'm an American but I think you accurately described my statements as no BS
    Such marketing gimmick means nothing to me. NO BS in the professional world means no extra baggage added like what Gandi people do. It doesn't mean you can treat your ex customers unprofessionally.
      0 Not allowed!

Answering the OP: -> Professional. No lame cheesy BS.
    --
      0 Not allowed!

Just to make sure everyone here understand what my points are;

1. Please read my posts.

2. Understand that a 100 customers who have good relationship with a company and 1 ex customer who had been treated "unfriendly" by the company representative does not mean that the said representative is being professional. It just mean that he/she has good relationship with many customers.

As I had pointed out before, the level of professionalism isn't judged by the love story between a company and good customers but between the company and problematic customers.
      0 Not allowed!

OP maybe is a language barrier you have. Because when I read those responses I feel like, they are good, nothing wrong, specially for a customer trying to trash the brand name.

If I go to your house with a shotgun and shot at your knee, will you still treat me with respect?
    --
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post
    If I go to your house with a shotgun and shot at your knee, will you still treat me with respect?
    Easy there Mr. Reese.

2. Understand that a 100 customers who have good relationship with a company and 1 ex customer who had been treated "unfriendly" by the company representative does not mean that the said representative is being professional. It just mean that he/she has good relationship with many customers.

It happens. Maybe you had a bad day...or many. Maybe Nick had a bad day. It happens.

Thousands of people use Public transit everyday. A few hundred of them are going to be upset about something...it's human nature. Humans will get upset at things even out of out human control. The road fell apart...blame the bus???? An earthquake destroyed the DataCenter/Host...blame those host????

If there were many complaining or Nick's company had a history of upsetting people, then more people would be on your side. Trust me...there are hosts on here....20 reviews...19.5 negative....0.5 a strong maybe.

Are you issues with Nick unresolved? If you have moved on to another host, focus your energy there.
      0 Not allowed!

OP maybe is a language barrier you have. Because when I read those responses I feel like, they are good, nothing wrong, specially for a customer trying to trash the brand name.
    Anything bad said by anyone can be labeled as "a customer trying to trash the brand name". By such logic, almost all complaint threads are trashing a brand name. But of course, not all company representatives reacts the same way.

Being friendly/unfriendly to customers, labeling harsh words as no BS, I mean come on; you call that professionalism?

The analogy doesn't make any sense at all.

@48-14
    I can't really reply anything to what you wrote since none of your posts here really has anything to do with my points. To cut the story short; I asserted that he was being unprofessional. You can point out otherwise, but any fallacious argumentum ad populum is automatically invalid.
      0 Not allowed!

It was pretty simple...and even you confirmed this.

100 customers satisfied, one not happy. Your unhappy due to Nick's professionalism....BUT your also a previous customer? Something else made you unhappy for you to leave...and the issue in your eyes is not resolved.

How is this not related to this issue?
      0 Not allowed!

Starting this thread was unprofessional conduct.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    It was pretty simple...and even you confirmed this.

100 customers satisfied, one not happy. Your unhappy due to Nick's professionalism....BUT your also a previous customer? Something else made you unhappy for you to leave...and the issue in your eyes is not resolved.

How is this not related to this issue?
    I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

Here's some tips for you:

http://www.mindtools.com/pages/artic...ssionalism.htm

Be Polite

Be kind and polite and use good manners to everyone you come into contact with, no matter what their role is, and no matter how you're feeling. This might sound unimportant, but it makes a significant impact.
      0 Not allowed!

@noobs

Sure it makes sense. But here is a better one, If you are the owner of a brand, you know that your brand didn't do anything wrong and I go trough the streets shouting that your brand is scam and all the bad things you can imagine, will you still treat me with the same respect as legit descent customers?

I think that anybody doing any legal, descent business will not react so politely, after all you are trying to bring down the business using your free of speech, right? Is either that or you probably will get sued.

The issue here is that usually you get the responses from support or sales staff that are contracted by the company. Yeah those people can't say anything wrong, why? , well usually they are going to be fire, and you are forgetting that most of them don't even care about the employer's company.

Now, go and talk insanely stuff to the owner of a company and brand, usually the responses will be different.

A trolling customer doesn't deserve the same love.

This is IMHO.
    --
      0 Not allowed!

This is not a thread about "Professionalism" - this is a thread about how you feel Nick_A hasn't been professional. Frankly, it seems to be a misguided and baseless attack on someone whom you've never even had service from. Really, I don't get why you went through such lengths to accuse someone of being unprofessional when you witnessed one interaction and don't even have service from them!

I'm not even sure where to start - I find Nick's conduct to be perfectly professional - he gets done what he needs to get done and communicates the proper information. He never levels personal insults or anything of the sort, he might not use a lot of flowery prose around his explanations, but that's not really what I'm looking for when something is wrong.

I know there's often a language barrier when dealing with an international business on WHT, are you sure you aren't grossly misunderstanding him? There's probably thousands of posts a day from hosts that are a million times meaner and less professional, I'm really not sure why you're picking on this one. Further, the fact that you first dug up a month old post, argued off-topic and then created this post suggest that you either have ulterior motives or just need to drop some deep-seated feelings that you have for reasons unknown to all of us.

I think you'll find that there's a huge difference between someone leaving a negative review and someone trying to tarnish your brand name on WHT. I'm sorry you're unable to see that?

Creating this topic and continuing to argue is mountains more unprofessional than anything Nick's done - I've reported the post. If you had any sense of professionalism, you'd request that it be closed and drop this whole thing.
      0 Not allowed!

Sure it makes sense. But here is a better one, If you are the owner of a brand, you know that your brand didn't do anything wrong and I go trough the streets shouting that your brand is scam and all the bad things you can imagine, will you still treat me with the same respect as legit descent customers?
    Of course, I must - if I am a professional. There is a certain level where a legal action is warranted but what happened here was nowhere near that but even then, professional conduct must be retained especially since anything you said can be use against you in the court of law.
      0 Not allowed!

I feel the same, good response.

Quote Originally Posted by Manacit View Post
    This is not a thread about "Professionalism" - this is a thread about how you feel Nick_A hasn't been professional. Frankly, it seems to be a misguided and baseless attack on someone whom you've never even had service from. Really, I don't get why you went through such lengths to accuse someone of being unprofessional when you witnessed one interaction and don't even have service from them!

I'm not even sure where to start - I find Nick's conduct to be perfectly professional - he gets done what he needs to get done and communicates the proper information. He never levels personal insults or anything of the sort, he might not use a lot of flowery prose around his explanations, but that's not really what I'm looking for when something is wrong.

I know there's often a language barrier when dealing with an international business on WHT, are you sure you aren't grossly misunderstanding him? There's probably thousands of posts a day from hosts that are a million times meaner and less professional, I'm really not sure why you're picking on this one. Further, the fact that you first dug up a month old post, argued off-topic and then created this post suggest that you either have ulterior motives or just need to drop some deep-seated feelings that you have for reasons unknown to all of us.

Further, I think you'll find that there's a huge difference between someone leaving a negative review and someone trying to tarnish your brand name on WHT. I'm sorry you're unable to see that?

Creating this topic and continuing to argue is mountains more unprofessional than anything Nick's done - I've reported the post. If you had any sense of professionalism, you'd request that it be closed and drop this whole thing.
    --
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.
    It's ok. Your too busy listening to your own voice.

I am always professional and many times joke about situations...but I am not one to stand by and let an injustice run it's course. I will argue on behalf of customers, and for hosts....all depends on which side is wearing the sheep's outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Manacit View Post
      0 Not allowed!

OP maybe is a language barrier you have.
    Or you can call truth barrier? Or moral barrier ?

Only in America you can do things like this, where BTW you have "Democracy" = "Who is not with us is against us"

The level or professionalism is not shown when you "kiss" the customer, you show that you are professional if you fix an "unstable" customer.

The difference between (in my case, I lived my first 33 years in Europe) here in N America and Europe is that when a customers is putting too many questions or they want to understand why is like this and not like that is considered like a difficult customer, or like people are saying an unhappy customer. Many times when I called a company I received different answers (the opposite) to the same question, depending who is the person, this is showing me the company is unprofessional, and they hired people based on "quantity" not "quality".

Again you show you are pro when you deal with difficult customers, not with "in love".

Regards
    George B. | ROWEBCA
    Web Hosting Services & Server Management
      0 Not allowed!

Although customer focus is important, this thread isn't about that and is aiming at an individual,
    That is my thinking too. If the OP looked around, he would see quite a bit of (much worse) unprofessionalism among a few of the hundreds of providers here.
      0 Not allowed!