Multiple BGP Session on Single Router..

Hello Friends

I need to redistribute BGP to my client.

I have 2 Bandwidth Provider
    Own AS with my own IP Subnet
    Now my client want to advertise his own AS and IPs..
    I have only 1 Mikrotik CCR Router. I don't want to buy new router. is it possible to do this in my router?

Please tell me how can i do this kind of configuration..

With said having two bandwidth providers I assume that you run full table , does your customer need default routing on bgp or full table ? if they're going to have only you as their provider default route will be fine and wouldn't make that much load on the network than the full table forwarding do.

You'd need to setup the bgp session with customer , config ACLs and filters and have your router advertise the prefixes that you wish to the customer.
    Innovative Monitoring Solutions - Xitoring
    Linux Server Monitoring | Windows Server Monitoring
    Uptime Monitoring | Status Page | SSL Monitoring | API Monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by HSN-Saman View Post
    does your customer need default routing on bgp or full table ? .

I just need to give him default routing.. but he has his own As and Ips how can i redistribute eBGP on same router?

Normally your client need own router to advertise his own AS and IPs.

Check this: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1219394

How to do it? It depends on what router you're using, whether he has a router or not, ect..... if he has a BGP router you need to set up a session like you did with your upstreams, but one with his router, and allow only his prefix and send him just a default. There are tons of examples floating around google...

If he doesn't have his own BGP router, you can't announce his AS. Instead, you'd add his prefix to your existing announcements, route it to his server, and the prefix would originate from your own AS.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

If i have full bgp then can i distribute BGP to my client?

Do i have to ask to do anything to my provider?

Quote Originally Posted by san2roy View Post
    If i have full bgp then can i distribute BGP to my client?

Do i have to ask to do anything to my provider?
    Yes , They need to update their filters if it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FastServ View Post
    How to do it? It depends on what router you're using, whether he has a router or not, ect..... if he has a BGP router you need to set up a session like you did with your upstreams, but one with his router, and allow only his prefix and send him just a default. There are tons of examples floating around google...

If he doesn't have his own BGP router, you can't announce his AS. Instead, you'd add his prefix to your existing announcements, route it to his server, and the prefix would originate from your own AS.
    You are correct , there is also another way to achieve this - Mikrotik is multi-tenant router and can have multiple ASNs so he can have his customer' AS and prefixes advertised on his own Mikrotik Router and route it via layer 2 to the customer switch . I have never tried this scenario as we didn't use Mikrotik switches in production so I have no idea about the stability and performance in this situation.

I just need to give him default routing.. but he has his own As and Ips how can i redistribute eBGP on same router?
    Typically if you are announcing clients IPs, you just announce them on your ASN and get a letter of authorization from the client.

Either way, you pass the LoA to your ISPs to update their prefix lists.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

1) Just statically route your client's block to them and advertise it on their behalf, prepending their ASN to the advertisement (if Microtik supports this)
    2) Otherwise, have your customer setup quagga on one of their servers and setup a BGP session to you. Just advertise a default route to them, and have them originate their own block and advertise it to you. It would then be in your routing table, and you'd just need to allow it to be advertised to your two transit providers.
    3) In truth, your customer's ASN serves no purpose here, as they have no unique routing policy of their own. If neither 1) or 2) are options, then just originate their block with your ASN and leave it at that.
    ASTUTE INTERNET: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Performance and Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, Shaw, CogecoPeer1, GTT/Tinet),
    AS63213 Cost Effective High Performance Network (Cogent, HE, GTT/Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyHosting View Post
    Typically if you are announcing clients IPs, you just announce them on your ASN and get a letter of authorization from the client.
    Why would you do this if the client has an ASN? Makes more sense to setup a BGP session and "default-originate" a default route to the client.

Then the OP would get his two upstreams to update his prefix-lists and add the customer blocks to the list as others have said with the LOA you suggest.
    OCOSA Communications | Since 2003
    http://www.ocosa.com
    Domains, Hosting, Business Solutions, and Connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    3) In truth, your customer's ASN serves no purpose here, as they have no unique routing policy of their own.
    But who said their routing policy won't change or isn't unique now. The OP just mentioned his perspective of the client. If you have an ASN then use it as it minimizes configuration changes later.

Quote Originally Posted by ocosa View Post
    Why would you do this if the client has an ASN? Makes more sense to setup a BGP session and "default-originate" a default route to the client.

Then the OP would get his two upstreams to update his prefix-lists and add the customer blocks to the list as others have said with the LOA you suggest.
    I assumed if the client is trying to give him his asn and ips to announce for him, he does not have a BGP router.

If the client has a BGP router, you can peer, make sure to use prefix lists of your own.

Yep, the client should use prefix-lists of his own.

+1

But who said their routing policy won't change or isn't unique now.
    It's not unique now, as per the op's description. And if their routing requirements change later, the routing configuration can also change then. I also already explicitly stated that option 3) was for if option 1) and 2) were not possible.

The OP just mentioned his perspective of the client. If you have an ASN then use it as it minimizes configuration changes later.
    Changing from default route only to multi-homing with full tables is a significant configuration change either way. Which origin ASN to use is trivial in comparison. If the customer's ASN serves no purpose, it's inconsequential whether or not it gets used.
    ASTUTE INTERNET: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Performance and Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, Shaw, CogecoPeer1, GTT/Tinet),
    AS63213 Cost Effective High Performance Network (Cogent, HE, GTT/Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

I understand what you are saying. My point is we don't know if the OP's customer doesn't have another provider lined up aside from the OP. But then again you covered all options here.

I need to redistribute BGP to my client.
    Now my client want to advertise his own AS and IPs..

My response was based on what the OP said. Whether we conclude the OP's customer is a single homed customer or not that is irrelevant IMO.

You just can expand the AS Path with the number of your customer for his subnets. No problem with Juniper. So it looks like your customer use his own router.