* Hostwithlove [payment issue]

Hi,
    I bought a reseller plan from hostwithlove.com. I ordered the host and pay the invoice but they did not activate my account. Then I opened two support tickets requesting activation. Then they did not allow me to log in to client area even. So I opened a dispute on paypal. They still did not agreed to refund. $ 5 is nothing. But I dont want anyone else get in to this trap.

Did they give any reason why your account was not activated ?

Do they setup orders automatically? If not you may have to wait for a staff member to go online and accept the order.

Have they responded to any of your tickets so far?

They said it was a system error. Now they say that dont set up my account until I close my paypal dispute. I cannot log into their client area to check my support ticket. all the communication on paypal dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by sikuru View Post
    They said it was a system error. Now they say that dont set up my account until I close my paypal dispute. I cannot log into their client area to check my support ticket. all the communication on paypal dispute.
    You didnt get any email notification of Support Tickets?
    If they are saying they can setup your account then close dispute as you are stating $5 is not a big money for you.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost-AJ View Post
    You didnt get any email notification of Support Tickets?
    If they are saying they can setup your account then close dispute as you are stating $5 is not a big money for you.
    Yes. This is the last email notification I got from them. But I cannot reply because they do not allow me to log in.
    Hi,

You have currently placed a dispute with PayPal which means the fund is not under our control.

The account has yet to be setup due to the payment not being valid - you need to cancel the dispute before we can proceed with the account creation.

Regards,
    James

I have forgotten about money. Posting this to make public aware of their behaviour. I have already chosen a better hosting provider for my site

^^ If you are happy with your new host, please let us know the name so that it can help other members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ryus View Post
    ^^ If you are happy with your new host, please let us know the name so that it can help other members as well.
    Yes. I will mention when I move my site to them

You've got to remember that it is the Christmas period and their billing team might be of been out. And you was a bit fast for your dispute without waiting for a reply. Glad you've found a new provider though.

Yes. I am happy with the new provider. Just forgot about the money I paid to hostwithlove
    They intentionally closed my account without letting me reply on their support ticket. That means they were not out at that time. They are just a scam hosting provider.

I feel it is fair to provide our side of the story. I have attached the conversation with this particular client with all the personal details censored out.

The OP ordered a one of our Reseller Hosting services at 4am (GMT+8) however the account was not automatically setup due to a minor WHMCS problem which arises from time to time.

When both our Billing and Sales team came into the office at 9am (GMT+8), Billing Department informed Sales that a PayPal claim was raised and Sales was told not to setup the account until the client dropped the claim.

Just to clarify also, the client's account was not closed. If you look at the second part of the Ticket History, you will see that he claimed that he cannot access his account at 4.30, however the other screenshot from WHMCS clearly shows that he was logged in at 4.28.

I am unsure why he would claim that his account was closed and go to such a great extent to make such a claim of us when Sales was maintaining proper communication with him as soon as they entered the office.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.PNG   2.PNG   3.PNG   4.PNG   clientlogin.PNG  

Last edited by HostWithLove_Cody; 12-27-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

The OP was very quick to jump to the conclusion that we were scamming him just because Sales did not respond to his ticket for 4 hours. We have been in operations for the past 2 years and though I don't think we have any review yet, we have a fair bit of happy clients who constantly praise our staffs for our excellence in service through the ticket system.

If anyone takes a look at the ticket history, it is quite clear the OP's account was not closed and our Sales Department was maintaining communication with the OP until he stopped responding to us.

Also, there was only one ticket opened from his email/account instead of the OP's claim that there were two tickets and the entire ticket history is reflected in this topic. I have personally went through the server logs to verify this.

In any case, if the OP wanted a refund, we will gladly honor it as per our 30 Days Moneyback Guarantee. He will however need to drop the claim and submit a Billing Ticket as it is a standard procedure which is clearly listed on our website. The reason for this is we need the documentation in our system.
    Last edited by HostWithLove_Cody; 12-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

Thread title edited to reflect the issue a bit better.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Hi,
    I bought a reseller plan from hostwithlove.com. I ordered the host and pay the invoice but they did not activate my account. Then I opened two support tickets requesting activation. Then they did not allow me to log in to client area even. So I opened a dispute on paypal. They still did not agreed to refund. $ 5 is nothing. But I dont want anyone else get in to this trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by HostWithLove_Cody View Post
    I feel it is fair to provide our side of the story. I have attached the conversation with this particular client with all the personal details censored out.

The OP ordered a one of our Reseller Hosting services at 4am (GMT+8) however the account was not automatically setup due to a minor WHMCS problem which arises from time to time.

When both our Billing and Sales team came into the office at 9am (GMT+8), Billing Department informed Sales that a PayPal claim was raised and Sales was told not to setup the account until the client dropped the claim.

Just to clarify also, the client's account was not closed. If you look at the second part of the Ticket History, you will see that he claimed that he cannot access his account at 4.30, however the other screenshot from WHMCS clearly shows that he was logged in at 4.28.

I am unsure why he would claim that his account was closed and go to such a great extent to make such a claim of us when Sales was maintaining proper communication with him as soon as they entered the office.
    Pretty much every time a thread is started with "scam" in the title (and I realize that this thread has now been edited) and we hear the other side of the story, there was no scam. The OP should be ashamed of their behavior over this issue. They are certainly the type of client that NO host would want.

Some people need to just remember all humans have lives and work only for a period of time some don't work 24/7.

Also not everyone can get all they want especially if they are paying $5 for a reseller how reliable can it get I'm not saying HWL has bad services I'm just pointing out a factor to consider.

You also have to remember look at the time we are now around. The busy time of the year where most of the holidays land. Christmas not all people celebrate it and not all people work on or during Christmas week.

We have been in operations for the past 2 years and though I don't think we have any review yet,
    Out of curiousity, were you running under a different brand 2 years ago?
    Last edited by Faris Aziz; 12-28-2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Thread title edited to reflect the issue a bit better.
    Thank you for changing the title, it does reflect the issue better.

Quote Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post
    Pretty much every time a thread is started with "scam" in the title (and I realize that this thread has now been edited) and we hear the other side of the story, there was no scam. The OP should be ashamed of their behavior over this issue. They are certainly the type of client that NO host would want.
    Though I think it is unfair to us that the OP is judging our service based on his limited experience with us, we are still willing to work with him to sort out the refund. This can easily be resolved in less than an hour if he is willing to cooperate with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Faris Aziz View Post
    Out of curiousity, were you running under a different brand 2 years ago?
    No, we did not operate under a different "brand" before. We do have staffs who were previously working with other hosting companies though. We scouted around for quite awhile with stringent requirements to ensure the best service standards possible.

Though I think it is unfair to us that the OP is judging our service based on his limited experience with us, we are still willing to work with him to sort out the refund. This can easily be resolved in less than an hour if he is willing to cooperate with us
    I think the OP has made a fool of themselves!

Thumbs down Its a SCAM not a payment issue

The main issue was not delay in setting up account.
    When I opened a support ticket requesting them to set up my account, They blocked me accessing the client area without setting it up. That's why opened a dispute in paypal.
    If they were genuine why cant they allow me to communicate with them?
    After that, All the communication I had with them via emails.
    It seems they have manually or automatically entered my email reply to support ticket.

PS. This is a web hosting forum and not a clients forum. Therefore its reasonable for you to get his side and rename the thread. Thanks for doing that.

Thank you for changing the title, it does reflect the issue better.

Though I think it is unfair to us that the OP is judging our service based on his limited experience with us, we are still willing to work with him to sort out the refund. This can easily be resolved in less than an hour if he is willing to cooperate with us.

No, we did not operate under a different "brand" before. We do have staffs who were previously working with other hosting companies though. We scouted around for quite awhile with stringent requirements to ensure the best service standards possible.
    Thanks for letting me log in to client area again (only after starting this tread at wht)

Anyway,
    1. I have cancelled the paypal dispute and I have forgotten about $5.75.
    2. I don't want to have any further conversation with you.
    3. I don't want to come back to your hosting site again.
    4. I don't want to host my web site with you
    5. I am happy to accept if you offer a refund (no obligation).

Is this the first time you have ever bought web hosting? Was the only reason u set up an account was to complain about other customers?

How long did it take you to open dispute?

The main issue was not delay in setting up account.
    When I opened a support ticket requesting them to set up my account, They blocked me accessing the client area without setting it up.
    Thanks for letting me log in to client area again (only after starting this tread at wht)
    Your client account was never closed. I am also quite certain that WHMCS wouldn't report the login as "incorrect password" if the client account was closed. It is more than likely you were entering the wrong password. I have provided sufficient evidence to prove that you were in fact able to login despite your claims that you were unable to.

That's why opened a dispute in paypal.
    If they were genuine why cant they allow me to communicate with them?
    As seen by the ticket history we have with you, we maintained contact with you until you stopped responding to us.

After that, All the communication I had with them via emails.
    It seems they have manually or automatically entered my email reply to support ticket.
    From the ticket history, it seems that you were responding to us via email which were automatically piped to our client's area. You could have easily continued responding to us however from the ticket history, it is apparent you stopped communicating with us.

PS. This is a web hosting forum and not a clients forum. Therefore its reasonable for you to get his side and rename the thread. Thanks for doing that.
    Your post title seem to contradict whatever you are saying.

Anyway,
    1. I have cancelled the paypal dispute and I have forgotten about $5.75.
    2. I don't want to have any further conversation with you.
    3. I don't want to come back to your hosting site again.
    4. I don't want to host my web site with you
    5. I am happy to accept if you offer a refund (no obligation).
    Although our website clearly says to open a ticket to Billing and request for the refund instead of responding to the ticket in Sales, I have went ahead to perform the refund for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post
    I think the OP has made a fool of themselves!
    I think the evidence I provided here is more than sufficient. I will let everyone judge for themselves who is in the right and wrong.

In any case, I wish both you and your next hosting provider the best of luck.
    Last edited by HostWithLove_Cody; 12-28-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Thread should be named "Textbook example of a client to avoid"
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial