Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WHMCS have encoded with Ioncube for PHP 5.2!

I just upgraded my server running newest WHMCS version from PHP 5.4.23 to PHP 5.5.7. I installed the Ioncube loaders 4.5.0 wich IS compatible with PHP 5.5.x - however it is needed that the encoded files from WHMCS is encoded with ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4 - however it seems WHMCS newest version is encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.2!

So my WHMCS installation does not work because of this, and give errors like this in apache usage log:

[Sun Dec 22 07:59:53.501234 2013] [:error] [pid 29929] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:53712] PHP Fatal error: The file /home/USER/domains/DOMAIN.COM/private_html/clientarea.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5 and cannot run under PHP 5.5.\n Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with either the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 or for PHP 5.4. in Unknown on line 0

I am so frustrated by WHMCS, and they make me so ANGRY! But I am not surprised.

In long term I want to move to Blesta, but it takes time.

I think WHMCS doesn't even officially support PHP 5.5 yet. Their requirements page still lists 5.4.x as the highest version they support:
    http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

I recall reading that at least as of several months ago, some work was still required for PHP 5.5 support in their codebase.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

My WHMCS installation works fine on PHP 5.4.x, there is no changes in PHP 5.5.x that will create problems, it will work just fine on PHP 5.5.x

WHMCS do not need to change any of the PHP code for it to work on PHP 5.5.x, however they NEED to use Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4 for the Ioncube loaders for PHP 5.5.x to work.

But those morons at WHMCS is still encoding the files using Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.2! Fxxxck them!

Here is a quote from the ioncube forum: http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?p=10113#10113

Version 4.5 loader packages are now available from our Loaders Page (http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php) and include loaders for PHP 5.5.

As previously mentioned, the PHP 5.5 loaders will run PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.4 encoded files and are available for Unix-style platforms such as Linux, OS X and FreeBSD.

Look, if its not supported on their website then YOU are being unreasonable for expecting it to work on 5.5.
    Setup your server the way they require and stop complaining because you are not following their requirements.

As far as I am aware, if they encode higher than people with 5.2 have issues (and there is LOTS).

Nice and bold:

Note: PHP Version 5.5 is not supported at this time.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I am complaining because WHMCS is encoding their files using Ioncube encoder for EOL PHP 5.2.x. All they need to do for me to be able to run PHP 5.5.x is to offer files encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3. Why should I not complain, there is a new major PHP version out every year, and there is more then 6 months since PHP 5.5.x was released as stable. I have all reason to be angry for paying for this garbage software until I am able to migrate to Blesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    As far as I am aware, if they encode higher than people with 5.2 have issues (and there is LOTS).
    So what? Why can't they provide two downloads, one download encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.2 and another download encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3? They do not even need to change the PHP code, only make another download with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by about: View Post
    I am complaining because WHMCS is encoding their files using Ioncube encoder for EOL PHP 5.2.x. All they need to do for me to be able to run PHP 5.5.x is to offer files encoded with Ioncube encoder for PHP 5.3. Why should I not complain, there is a new major PHP version out every year, and there is more then 6 months since PHP 5.5.x was released as stable. I have all reason to be angry for paying for this garbage software until I am able to migrate to Blesta.
    Spend your time migrating to Blesta instead of complaining here, it would be more productive.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Spend your time migrating to Blesta instead of complaining here, it would be more productive.
    I will spend my time as I please. I wanted everyone to know about this, and therefor I posted here. Do you have a problem with that?

I will spend my time as I please. I wanted everyone to know about this, and therfor I posted here. Do you have a problem with that?
    I have a problem with people who complain about something not working when the website itself says it will not work.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration55.deprecated.php

The original MySQL extension is now deprecated, and will generate E_DEPRECATED errors when connecting to a database. Instead, use the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extensions.
    They are likely trying to avoid a influx in tickets over this since they use the mysql extension, among other issues. For example if people don't configure their server to ignore these messages, piping will fail with errors.

To fully work with 5.5 will require some rewrite. Its not cut and dry like you think it is.

You are wrong about that, it will not create problems. It is only deprecated, and it will continue to work. People can setup error reporting the way they want. It will not be a problem until the next major PHP version.

You are wrong about that, it will not create problems. It is only deprecated, and it will continue to work. People can setup error reporting the way they want. It will not be a problem until the next major PHP version.
    I think you are being completely unreasonable. They do not want to support a version of php that will promote errors. Just because it will 'work' does not mean its the right thing to do as much as you think it is.

End of the day, if you don't like it don't use it. Complaining and getting angry is pointless.

Learn to use supported software.

Ok, so lets agree to disagree, I think it is WHMCS that is not up with the times, and I am frustrated about that. I will not be able to move to Blesta until I have developed some custom extensions, and it will take time.

Guess what. Even if WHMCS updated to mysqli there are countless plugins that they do not maintain that hard code mysql_* that would break.

Its not as simple as just updating the code, there is alot of things that can break.

Don't put all the blame on WHMCS. They are doing the sensible thing and not breaking everyones installation.

I agree with Steven, WHMCS does not support PHP 5.5 yet as it's clearly written here:
    http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

Code:
    Note: PHP Version 5.5 is not supported at this time.
    So why trying to work around this and then complaining it's not working?
    Visiba | UK and US based cPanel Web Hosting
    Softaculous Script Installer | Daily Backups | SEO Tools | SSD Servers
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee | 24x7 Support

Guess what. Even if WHMCS updated to mysqli there are countless plugins that they do not maintain that hard code mysql_* that would break.

Its not as simple as just updating the code, there is alot of things that can break.

Don't put all the blame on WHMCS. They are doing the sensible thing and not breaking everyones installation.
    Like I said in previous reply, they do not need to change any of the php code for it to work on php 5.5.x, all they need to do is to offer a download with the files encoded with Ioncube encoder for php 5.3.x, and it will work on php 5.5.x without any other changes.

You think WHMCS is bad look at this:

http://wiki.kayako.com/display/DOCS/Server+requirements

The latest available PHP 5.3 is required and recommended.

Like I said in previous reply, they do not need to change any of the php code for it to work on php 5.5.x, all they need to do is to offer a download with the files encoded with Ioncube encoder for php 5.3.x, and it will work on php 5.5.x without any other changes.
    I don't care if it works. The amount of support tickets they potentially would receive from people who have servers not configured to ignore deprecated functions could be overwhelming.

What does Kayako have to do with any of this? Of course WHMCS is not the only one that is living in the stone age, however this thread was about WHMCS. I am not using Kayako, and is never going to use them.

about: - I think you need to call it a day and accept that you WILL have to use PHP 5.3.x or 5.4.x. If that's not something you like, no one is stopping you from moving away or building your own software.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

I don't care if it works. The amount of support tickets they potentially would receive from people who have servers not configured to ignore deprecated functions could be overwhelming.
    That says it all.

Its also my understanding the 5.5 loaders JUST CAME OUT this month. Give WHMCS a break.

How the heck do you consider PHP 5.4 stone age? Your perception of time is seriously screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    about: - I think you need to call it a day and accept that you WILL have to use PHP 5.3.x or 5.4.x. If that's not something you like, no one is stopping you from moving away or building your own software.
    I am currently running WHMCS on PHP 5.4.x, and I have invested in a owned life time licenses at Blesta. I am currently working on developing two modules that I need before I can migrate to Blesta, so it will take some time.

Fantastic, so until then, stop complaining/ranting/informing/whatever you want to call it?

I am currently running WHMCS on PHP 5.4.x, and I have invested in a owned life time licenses at Blesta. I am currently working on developing two modules that I need before I can migrate to Blesta, so it will take some time.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

That says it all.
    It doesn't actually. You are just pissed off because you are not getting your way.

It is your own damn fault for expecting something to work, when they don't support it. Deal with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast