Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is Blesta?

How is Blesta?

i saw there is another billing software like whmcs called blesta. how is it? can you pls give any host url that using this software.

Hello, they are using the basic template (Which comes with it, it's a white and orange normally, however they've edited the colour to make the links blue. Url: http://www.captainhost.net/pier/

Another default template edit: https://inertianetworks.com/i/ & https://inertianetworks.com/i/plugin...n/index/shared.

They need to fix their currencies settings to remove the double USD.

Blesta is good.

We use it for our security auditing business to handle invoices. No other software was even considered. The developers write clean code and the product is obviously very secure in our opinion, which is why we decided to use it. Might not have as many features or order form templates than the other billing panels, but it should be fine for the 'average' host.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Anyone else bothered by the oddly long URLs it uses?

Examples:
    /i/plugin/order/main/index/shared
    /customers/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

We bought a license before the new release, but we sold it again.
    is extremely basic and lacking in resources.
    And yes, I consider, the best choice for developers because Blesta is 99% opensource.

But these developers also has a major flaw. Since it was launched, yet did nothing more than to fix bugs. Each version is released to fix bugs
    ▄▀▄ Offshore Dedicated Servers
    ▄▀▄ Keep your privacy!
    ▄▀▄ Europe Servers with DDoS Protection
    ▄▀▄ evoluso.com / info@evoluso.com / Telegram: https://t.me/EVOLUSO

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post

Examples:
    Extremely stupid for a visitor to see a url with words like "plugin"
    ▄▀▄ Offshore Dedicated Servers
    ▄▀▄ Keep your privacy!
    ▄▀▄ Europe Servers with DDoS Protection
    ▄▀▄ evoluso.com / info@evoluso.com / Telegram: https://t.me/EVOLUSO

Examples:
    I'm not, and not had any customer complain, however I can't answer for others, there was a thread about in the support forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gualter View Post
    Extremely stupid for a visitor to see a url with words like "plugin"
    You can edit them via the routes file which Tyson mentioned in the thread in the support forums.

We are not a hosting company, but we use blesta and it is working fine for us so far. There is not as much options you have with WHMCS; still it is simple and comprises of many useful features. The interface is tidy and it looks nice and very easy to integrate with your website. It says to be more secure based on the limited / controlled feature list. Its support module isn't good though.
    Last edited by nixtree; 12-19-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nixtree View Post
    We are not a hosting company, but we use blesta and it is working fine for us so far. There is not as much options you have with WHMCS; still it is simple comprises of many useful features. The interface is tidy and it looks nice and very easy to integrate with your website. It says to be more secure based on the limited / controlled feature list. Its support module isn't good though.
    A few good changes in 3.1 hopefully will improve it for you, like support staff titles.

I didn't know however until Paul told me that you can use Markup on tickets.

## Header2 *italic* **Bold** etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    A few good changes in 3.1 hopefully will improve it for you, like support staff titles.

I didn't know however until Paul told me that you can use Markup on tickets.

## Header2 *italic* **Bold** etc.
    Thanks Mike..anyway we migrated our support module to Kayako

And to the world, we bought the Blesta license from Mike - he's a very good guy and he provides good support as well..!

Thanks Mike..anyway we migrated our support module to Kayako
    Yeah, I think Kayako is amazing but they've got not a integration yet.

And to the world, we bought the Blesta license from Mike - he's a very good guy and he provides good support as well..!
    Thanks for the review Nibin, glad your enjoying your service and support.

If you need something like invoicing then blesta is good, but if you are running hosting biz blesta is bad choice.

It's funny how when WHMCS was going through its little phase of daily security exploits that everyone was frantically looking for alternative solutions out of anger and frustration. Even I was looking for an alternative solution but wasn't going to make a quick decision to switch to a product that didn't fit our needs.

After seeing reviews from people who did made this mistake, and seeing the high number of Blesta licenses for sale... I'm glad we did not switch. Blesta still needs more time in the oven.

However the fact that @Patrick put his reputation on the line for the product is a good thing, security wise.

I am doing various blesta customizations for clients, and its easy when comparef to whmcs bcoz bleta is 99 percentage open source.

Its code looks like addressed common security attacks. From my knowledge I would like to say blesta is a great alternative.
    The coder.

I'm kind of peeved that the prorated billing isn't there yet. Lots of people want this, but the Blesta crew is dragged its feet. It's shouldn't be hard to add.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    I'm kind of peeved that the prorated billing isn't there yet. Lots of people want this, but the Blesta crew is dragged its feet. It's shouldn't be hard to add.
    I'll let you know what I know, it will be included in 3.2 and they are making it easy to set-up and work for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eased View Post
    It's funny how when WHMCS was going through its little phase of daily security exploits that everyone was frantically looking for alternative solutions out of anger and frustration. Even I was looking for an alternative solution but wasn't going to make a quick decision to switch to a product that didn't fit our needs.

After seeing reviews from people who did made this mistake, and seeing the high number of Blesta licenses for sale... I'm glad we did not switch. Blesta still needs more time in the oven.
    I believe people bought them cheap to make money on them. Buy it at $99 promotion price, sell them for x2 or more when the 30% promotion is finished.
    Last edited by Atlanical-Mike; 12-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.

They need to fix their currencies settings to remove the double USD.
    Whoops!

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Inertia Networks View Post
    Whoops!

Thanks for the help
    You're welcome

I'll let you know what I know, it will be included in 3.2 and they are making it easy to set-up and work for everyone.
    Is 3.1 even out yet? So 3.2 will be released... ?
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Buy it at $99 promotion price, sell them for x2 or more when the 30% promotion is finished.
    I see them selling here (not specifically sold, but selling) at around $130 or so. That's not 2x or more than $99.

In addition, the current full price is $175 on the site, itself not twice $99.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Is 3.1 even out yet? So 3.2 will be released... ?
    If you've bought Blesta direct from them, you should be able to see the Blesta 3.1 forums, the Beta for 3.1 is out sometime this week 19th - 24th I believe. They are just finishing up.

I see them selling here (not specifically sold, but selling) at around $130 or so. That's not 2x or more than $99.

In addition, the current full price is $175 on the site, itself not twice $99.
    Yeah on WHT most of them are at a reasonable price on Blesta forums some are looking for $185 - $249

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.p...r-sale-blesta/

And another thread in the lounge forum.

If you've bought Blesta direct from them, you should be able to see the Blesta 3.1 forums, the Beta for 3.1 is out sometime this week 19th - 24th I believe. They are just finishing up.
    Any ETA of 3.2 from them? And yes, I bought it directly.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Any ETA of 3.2 from them? And yes, I bought it directly.
    They don't have a ETA on 3.2 as they've just completed 3.1, should get it after the QA has finished.

Its a new billing system that is becoming more and more known day by day. It's a good piece of software at a decent price. It's well organized and it's a lot more secured than whmcs. It's features are amazing that the interface is nice . It makes billing your clients and providing shared services much easier.

At the current state of Blesta is still very bare.

I visit their forums often to see if there is anything new released and like other poster have said it just need more time.

Function wise it is still lacking some basic features even an average host would need.

You can always throw in the argument of "not everybody needs hundreds of modules" but having just bare minimal modules is not a suitable solution for many.
    VimHost >> 30 Days Backup | cPanel + LiteSpeed + JetBackup | DMCA FREE!
    20 Years in business ~ Premium Hosting in Toronto, Canada ~ 151 Front Street (Canadian owned and operated)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast