Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It always seems the case that lesser quality customer service companies would rather kick the customer to the curb than maintain a business relationship. At this point I'd much prefer a refund to anything else.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by prezus View Post
    It always seems the case that lesser quality customer service companies would rather kick the customer to the curb than maintain a business relationship. At this point I'd much prefer a refund to anything else.
    Honestly, I wouldn't say you received low quality customer service here. You're a low paying and whiney customer (no offense, low paying customers tend to be the ones who complain the most) -- they cut you loose so they didn't have to deal with you and end up losing money in the long run. It was a bad business prospect from their end. It is not bad customer service.

Good luck with your next provider. I'd suggest asking when the server will be guaranteed provisioned next time around.
    Justin Yancey | Northern Virginia & District of Columbia | https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinyancey
      0 Not allowed!

I just processed your refund and canceled your order. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinAY View Post
    You're a low paying and whiney customer (no offense, low paying customers tend to be the ones who complain the most) -- they cut you loose so they didn't have to deal with you and end up losing money in the long run. It was a bad business prospect from their end.
    If I say that I get flamed so I just offer a refund as politely as I can.
    Aaron Wendel
      2 Not allowed!

I ordered a server on Thursday and got it on Friday, then I order another one and waiting for it to be delivered now, hope that iwill come soon. I ordered a block IPs on Friday too, but still not get it, when I asked for the ETA, they said it will be processed on working day, but Friday is a working day. So I think WSI should tell us when will your services delivered, avoid us from waiting but dont know when.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been a WSI customer for over 6 months now and I have 10 servers with them. All of my servers have been delivered the same day when I've ordered. I guess it differs from person to person.

Their customer support is one of the best for me, they are very helpful with both server issues and billing.

On all 10 servers I am also able to max them out during peak times, so their network will not disappoint.

There will always be someone who gets a bad experience, but if you want to try them, I suggest you get one of their cheaper servers ( they got a lot of them!) and just give them a try for a month.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RockTBN View Post
    I ordered a server on Thursday and got it on Friday, then I order another one and waiting for it to be delivered now, hope that iwill come soon. I ordered a block IPs on Friday too, but still not get it, when I asked for the ETA, they said it will be processed on working day, but Friday is a working day. So I think WSI should tell us when will your services delivered, avoid us from waiting but dont know when.
    Keep in mind, their delivery window is 1-2 business days

So if you ordered it on Thursday it should hopefully be delivered by Monday - same with your IPs.

They do actually say on their site their typical delivery window, obviously every host out there can have slightly delayed windows if they're busy.

Biggest problem is people get 1-2 days and 1-2 business days mixed up at times I feel like.
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedispec View Post
    Keep in mind, their delivery window is 1-2 business days

So if you ordered it on Thursday it should hopefully be delivered by Monday - same with your IPs.

They do actually say on their site their typical delivery window, obviously every host out there can have slightly delayed windows if they're busy.

Biggest problem is people get 1-2 days and 1-2 business days mixed up at times I feel like.
    I'm talking about the delivery time of addtional IP blocks. They don't process my order on working day, so I have to wait 2 more days until Monday. Hope that I can get them soon.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RockTBN View Post
    I'm talking about the delivery time of addtional IP blocks. They don't process my order on working day, so I have to wait 2 more days until Monday. Hope that I can get them soon.
    Sorry, I was referring to the second server you had ordered. Regarding the IPs I'm not sure on that situation. I'm sure you'll hear from them in the morning on Monday.
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com
      0 Not allowed!

I saw multiple BBB complaints I was thinking of getting a box from them. But I don't want to take a chance hope you have good experience with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Glad you're a god that decides "customers are not for you" if they complain... Is that before or after clients put in their time, energy and effort to pursue an advertised offer... Is that it? Are you saying your company closes accounts if people complain? Does that also hold true for people that use "too much transfer on an unmetered port" (ethically, it is not possible: but not all service providers are ethical as we know)?

kinda like this situation? http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1325698

PS: Those are examples of people complaining about ISSUES CAUSED BY THE SERVICE PROVIDER (aka You and those that work on your behalf): issues like a server being down (caused by data center staff) and/or a server not setup in the time as quoted (in more serious businesses where quotes mean something this would have been remedied for the customer before they complained publicly).

But you're right, for those peanuts you charge: what else are people supposed to expect. And with the attitude of "I'll terminate these clients because they complain about my flaws and publicly posts them: instead WI/DataShack learning from these issues you bury them so nobody else will know instead of just fixing them", you won't be accepting clients for long... ... ... If you think you're a god that can do whatever, I think Yahoo! thought the same once upon a time when they were proudly the largest website on the Internet... How are they now? How do you think they will be in 10 years? 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by WII-Aaron View Post
    Or maybe I decided that we're not the provider for this customer and it's better to cut him lose now and get the next person online?
      0 Not allowed!

That link you post is clearly a troll customer. Who seriously puts in 100 ticket requests? Most hosting providers I don't put in more than 10 tickets in a decade.
      0 Not allowed!

I dunno whether he was exaggerating or crazy, it makes no difference that I bet he would have stopped messaging if his problem was resolved in 1... If anything, 100 tickets towards WholesaleInternet/DataShack speaks more to the ignorance of the service provider than how frantic (maybe because his business means something to him) the client is at not getting a helpful response from the provider... Once upon a time, when I was just a teenager, I've had servers go down in a facility and opened multiple tickets after no response on them with an hour between tickets... I just expect a datacenter to reply promptly during business hours and a reasonable amount of time after business hours :| It is a business that makes it's money off keeping a computer plugged into power and internet, it's not so hard :| You're right, most hosts don't put in more than 10 tickets in a decade, assuming they get replied to... I really don't think the service provider replied to the first one, I think one of the omnipotent folks at the datacenter determined they were too important to reply to such an insignificant customer...

I could totally comprehend some kid sending ticket after another if their box was taken down and nobody is replying to why their service is inaccessible and the kid has paying customers on that server...!!! But for the service provider to say "We have a right to take you down, not care about your tickets and then tell you to beat it"... all after the service provider is the one who took the service down and didn't reply to tickets...? Sorry, but in the world I live in: I don't get to take peoples' money then disable their service only to terminate them after they complain; but then again, I don't feel like I have been entitled by God to invade foreign lands for personal gain (anything for cheap pump prices and soft drinks; WMDs? what was the excuse for the 70+ nations before that? ALL BS), unlike the American people. The American Way: shut up and do what they say or die (well, in this case, killing of the server, lol). [How long do you think this is going to last?]

Quote Originally Posted by petrushka View Post
    That link you post is clearly a troll customer. Who seriously puts in 100 ticket requests? Most hosting providers I don't put in more than 10 tickets in a decade.
    Last edited by netdude; 12-07-2013 at 02:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by netdude View Post
    I dunno whether he was exaggerating or crazy, it makes no difference that I bet he would have stopped messaging if his problem was resolved in 1... Once upon a time, when I was just a teenager, I've had servers go down in a facility and opened multiple tickets after no response on them with an hour between tickets... I just expect a datacenter to reply promptly during business hours and a reasonable amount of time after business hours :| It is a business that makes it's money off keeping a computer plugged into power and internet, it's not so hard :| You're right, most hosts don't put in more than 10 tickets in a decade, assuming they get replied to... I really don't think the service provider replied to the first one, I think one of the omnipotent folks at the datacenter determined they were too important to reply to such an insignificant customer...

I could totally comprehend some kid sending ticket after another if their box was taken down and nobody is replying to why their service is inaccessible and the kid has paying customers on that server...!!! But for the service provider to say "We have a right to take you down, not care about your tickets and then tell you to beat it"... all after the service provider is the one who took the service down and didn't reply to tickets...? Sorry, but in the world I live in: I don't get to take peoples' money then disable their service only to terminate them after they complain; but then again, I don't feel like I have been entitled by God to invade foreign lands for personal gain (anything for cheap pump prices and soft drinks; WMDs? what was the excuse for the 70+ nations before that? ALL BS), unlike the American people.
    God seems to get brought up a lot in these last two replies....think he's pretty irrelevant when tieing him into the hosting industry. That also goes for "WMDs". No one cares, let's stick to the topic without all of these far fetched analogies.

Anyways, in terms of the so called 100 ticket person, fortunately a lot of hosts would be gone with that kind of scenario. If it was a teenager like you used in another analogy that could be an issue too since many hosts require you to be 18 years of age or older (or if it's game hosting, the age for the game).

The backup and project servers I've grabbed from Aaron (WS) were rapid deployments back when I bought them and haven't had an outage yet. :/
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not from the entitled race of people that seems to think they can do anything on this planet: including terminating clients that complain about the faults of a service provider and genocide across 70+ nations... You're right, the average American doesn't care about anything but themselves: the economy is rewarding them accordingly...

I'm glad no one cares. It is easier to force change on the ignorant They're stupid, they'll just go along with anything... but not everybody is..

100 ticket scenario... a lot of hosts would be gone in that scenario? I contend it says more about the service provider than the client: they'd rather silence the one who brings a problem to light than solve the problem. I contend only a certain type of service provider would silence the client: the kind that hides their problems rather than solves them. Anything is okay so long as future clients can't see the problems, right?? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Dedispec View Post
    That also goes for "WMDs". No one cares, let's stick to the topic without all of these far fetched analogies.
    Last edited by netdude; 12-07-2013 at 02:41 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HD_Chris View Post
    I saw multiple BBB complaints I was thinking of getting a box from them. But I don't want to take a chance hope you have good experience with them.
    Please back up your accusation of multiple BBB complaints. Perhaps you are thinking of an Oregon SEO company with a similar name.

http://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/busin...ty-mo-99159606 "1 complaint closed with BBB in last 3 years"
      0 Not allowed!

That one complaint is no biggie... Although to get a B instead of an A+ or A- is pretty harsh. I have never received a BBB rating less than an A- (other than staying unrated) so I really don't know how someone earns themselves a B: and that was when I received complaints myself (but replied/etc to). And didn't pay their "accreditation fee" (although I am considering it now for my latest batch of projects). And that is including businesses I'm not so proud of (and yet still maintains an A- to this day on BBB)... :|

But really, with servers of this price point: which serious business can't afford to throw money at people to make them go away? I know they shouldn't have to, but if a customer is truly unreasonable: it will take less chump change to make them take a hike... If they are within their rights to be upset, it will cost a small fortune... Maybe just best to advertise only what can be provided easily

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Please back up your accusation of multiple BBB complaints. Perhaps you are thinking of an Oregon SEO company with a similar name.

http://www.bbb.org/kansas-city/busin...ty-mo-99159606 "1 complaint closed with BBB in last 3 years"
    Last edited by netdude; 12-07-2013 at 04:28 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

All that means is that he hasn't gotten in touch with BBB and offered to 'smooth it out' yet.

And frankly, it's a waste of time and money both. BBB is worthless now.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by netdude View Post
    I dunno whether he was exaggerating or crazy, it makes no difference that I bet he would have stopped messaging if his problem was resolved in 1... If anything, 100 tickets towards WholesaleInternet/DataShack speaks more to the ignorance of the service provider than how frantic..
    Or not. I probably should have made it more clear. It was 100 tickets in under 2 hours. If I put 100 tickets through your system in 2 hours could you get me a resolution before 10? 30? 100? That's almost 1 ticket per minute. So if you couldn't get me a resolution before 10 are you incompetent? Does that mean your service sucks and people should think twice before using your service?

Again, we consider that abuse of the system.
    Last edited by WII-Aaron; 12-07-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Aaron Wendel
      0 Not allowed!

I dunno, if it were me: I'd get an SMS notifying me a high priority ticket was submitted (sms notification for high priority only)... I would reply back to the guy telling him I was specifically looking into the issue (and actually do so asap) but don't have a resolution yet... I figure that would stop him from sending the next 99 messages... but I do stuff like require all servers have IPMI and such, so I could be checking on their equipment while on a bus in Mexico... Not everybody has that luxury :| But I have been in a frantic situation before (although never done something as childish as a 100 tickets; but have never had a service provider ignore me) and all it took was to know for sure someone at the other end was aware of them: without that initial response with them being across the continent from the equipment, what else do you expect a customer to do? Shut up and wait indefinitely? I wouldn't tolerate that from any service provider.

If you see a customer is crazy enough that they open multiple tickets, wouldn't it just be easier to reply to one of the tickets with a "please wait up to 4 hours, processing request: excessive messages will result in you getting terminated." type response instead of ignoring until they get tired and resort to public forums?

But the reality is: You guys are probably a more-competent-than-most-service-providers caught in an icky situation. I have definitely caused them for myself in the past (probably will happen sooner or later in my future) and the reality is: they happen to EVERYBODY sooner or later (because there are crazies of all kinds [including myself, hehe] all over the place)...

I'm sorry for being a pest

Or not. I probably should have made it more clear. It was 100 tickets in under 2 hours. If I put 100 tickets through your system in 2 hours could you get me a resolution before 10? 30? 100? That's almost 1 ticket per minute. So if you couldn't get me a resolution before 10 are you incompetent? Does that mean your service sucks and people should think twice before using your service?
      0 Not allowed!

When a 911 ticket is submitted the lead tech gets notified.

In this case, his original ticket was responded to with the standard, "someone from billing will respond to you shortly" (since it was a billing issue) response and the other 10 tickets that had come in from him over the 8 minutes it took to respond were merged into the original. So, he was responded to within 8 minutes (our standard is 10) and then proceeded to put in an additional 90 tickets over the next hour and a half asking the same question.
    Aaron Wendel
      0 Not allowed!

When a 911 ticket is submitted the lead tech gets notified.

In this case, his original ticket was responded to with the standard, "someone from billing will respond to you shortly" (since it was a billing issue) response and the other 10 tickets that had come in from him over the 8 minutes it took to respond were merged into the original. So, he was responded to within 8 minutes (our standard is 10) and then proceeded to put in an additional 90 tickets over the next hour and a half asking the same question.
    Bad experience with WholeSaleInternet. I've tasted it
      0 Not allowed!

I like WSI's no nonsense approach to dealing with customers in the forums.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12